Missed Call From Crown and Anchor Society

As I was reading through this thread, I stopped to tell me BF what had happened to you, and how livid (best non curse word I could think of 😆) I would be if I were in your shoes. I don't think I would have held my cool with them. What a happy ending when I got the last page of the thread!!! Enjoy your cruise

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Excellent news! Now, if they just through in a birthday dinner as an apology for this mess, life would be perfect!

Lol, they gave us nothing extra and I asked for nothing, just happy getting everything as originally planned

It's examples like this I say to myself - is any of what anyone from RCI said in any of the calls really true?

Exactly. I called this morning and they told me there had been no complaints and the ship was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Guest maddycat
Final Update:

I got a call from a lady from the "Re-Accomdation Desk" she said that RC a few weeks back sold out the ship even though it wasnt actually sold. It included 5 unsold JSs.

She said that she has assigned me one and I will get booking confirmation soon.

Figures crossed. Good luck to anyone else effected

That's great. Please post a review after your cruise. Enjoy!

Edited by maddycat

Wow! That's a lot of drama for just a couple days before departure. Glad they were able to work something out for you, and I hope the cruise ends up being a lot of fun. Sounds like they're still having some issues with this ship, but maybe if you go in knowing that, and not having the highest expectations, it'll turn out better than you expected.

If you think about it, let us know have everything went, when you get back. :cool:

That is great news! I hope everything works out fine.

But I've got to make a comment. How in the world did they not know about these extra cabins BEFORE they started contacting everyone with this bad news?

My personal opinion is they know about these "extra" cabins, for certain circumstances, such as this. Either way, so happy the OP gets cruise as planned!!

My personal opinion is they know about these "extra" cabins, for certain circumstances, such as this. Either way, so happy the OP gets cruise as planned!!

I check the biggest Cruise line this morning and they still have room available for inside,outside and balcony could still book this morning

Your good news made my day! We're spending a week in FLL before our Oasis cruise and I would be devastated to get that call. On the other hand, they don't have my cell, so if they have bad news for me, I'll get it at Terminal 18!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is great news! I hope everything works out fine.

But I've got to make a comment. How in the world did they not know about these extra cabins BEFORE they started contacting everyone with this bad news?

Probably this, or different departments not speaking to each other. First calls were from Resolutions Department. Last call was from Re-Accomdations

Sorry to hear that you room was canceled just before your cruise. If that would have been us we would have been on the road and never would have recieved the message. Wonder what they would have done if you never got the message and showed up at the port for your cruise?

I am guessing that they are contacting Florida residents first.

Not really lucky, we have a large group going that flew in from NY and Indiana. They flew in for my lady's birthday. Only our room is cancelled theirs are not.

We are only ones in JS they are all in OVs and Interiors.

See above

100% refund + cruise credit for refunded amount. Doesn't help us though because as stated above everyone is coming for my lady's birthday and we are the only ones not sailing. They won't cancel everyone and give full refunds + credit they are uneffected.

Deck 9 Junior Suite

Very complicated situation.

Did you explain to them? And ask them to try someone else booked in a JS?

It should work like an airplane: Request volunteers first.

Obviously, there is a huge difference to have your trip cancelled when you are in the process of packing your bags. However, I booked our cabins three months ago and purchased third party travel insurance for elderly travelers which is not refundable. (Had to be purchased within 2 weeks of booking to cover pre-existing conditions, important for 85 year olds.) They are not going to cover that out of pocket loss. They offered to let us switch to another itinerary with "price protection", but that other itinerary is several days shorter and visits only 2 ports, plus the fare is about half of what we paid. An offer of "price protection" in this case is not really offering us anything. RC has another identical itinerary on another ship several weeks earlier but they won't offer price protection for that itinerary and the new fare would be significantly higher than what we booked.

I am an agent and I cannot continue to recommend a cruise line to my clients if I feel the cruise line will not take care of them in situations like this. Right now there are lots of unhappy people out there and you can count me among them.

Good luck to those affected by these cancellations. I hope RC takes good care of you.

k.

As I assume you know, many travel insurance companies will let you move a policy to a different trip.

They all have offered but with full refund and free cruise they arent getting much value since they lost airfare. We didnt since we live in Fort Lauderdale...

Resolutions called me again, supervisor said they will let us cancel all the cabins and give us full refunds + credit. We are exploring that option now. No refund for airfare for friends though, so that puts a wrinkle in it.

Keep everyone posted if you guys/gals want.

Sorry to be posting after the fact. I guess that I should have read the whole thread before hitting "reply".

Celebrate at your house? ;)

Final Update:

I got a call from a lady from the "Re-Accomdation Desk" she said that RC a few weeks back sold out the ship even though it wasnt actually sold. It included 5 unsold JSs.

Figures crossed. Good luck to anyone else effected

As I said............I should have waited. :D

HHH-4c-English-words.jpg

Final Update:

Whew. Thank god.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Lol, they gave us nothing extra and I asked for nothing, just happy getting everything as originally planned

so glad things were resolved to your satisfaction...and you don't expect anything, which I think is nice to hear.

Seems people don't understand what a great relief this is for you and compensation is not what you were looking for.

Now do I believe they found some cabins that were not sold......no....... but whatever they say......

Happy birthday to your lady.......and have a wonderful trip.

Edited by land lover

Yay. I am so glad they were able to accommodate you. I am so disappointed in RC these last few months and days. I am so happy I didn't rebook when they cancelled my three bookings last month with no compensation. :(

Just curious were the bookings they cancelled ones you booked with inexpensive deposits?

I have returned back to RCI and the forum after a 6 years hiatus...and noticed all these people with lists of future bookings into 2018.....I asked someone about hers, she told me she deposited them for a dollar each, I could be mistaken but I though that is what she said.....as i said just curious....

Edited by land lover