Missed Call From Crown and Anchor Society

Not quite in the clear yet...I still haven't received a confirmation or cabin reassignment #.

TA spoke with some at RC they said that when I get to port ill be given new JS cabin number. This should make for some rashing good fun with luggage tags having different cabin #

Please be sure to check in once on board and having a drink. We all want to make sure you are safely in a cabin.

Not quite in the clear yet...I still haven't received a confirmation or cabin reassignment #.

TA spoke with some at RC they said that when I get to port ill be given new JS cabin number. This should make for some rashing good fun with luggage tags having different cabin #

That's seems so odd, if they assigned you a cabin, then they have the room number. I have anxiety for you!! Best of luck

Maybe have one of your party members print a few extra tags. Have your bags sent to one of their rooms. That way you at least KNOW where your bags will be. It might stink to drag them to another room once you find out where you are, but it might be better than having them get lost on the ship!

Maybe have one of your party members print a few extra tags. Have your bags sent to one of their rooms. That way you at least KNOW where your bags will be. It might stink to drag them to another room once you find out where you are, but it might be better than having them get lost on the ship!

That is a brilliant idea.

I wish you all the best and hope all goes the way Royals says it will - but I have to say this would create additional anxiety for me - if they have a cabin for you I wish they would just give it to you now rather than when you arrive at the port. I wouldn't be able to rest easy until then.

I normally dont call back missed calls. But I did this because...

A) It Was Royal

B) I was on Empress and not any other ship

C) It was 2 days before sailing.

I think if you DIDN'T call there would have been a very rude surprise at the port Monday morning.
If you hadn't , according to some here , all problems would have been your fault ! :confused:

Good luck . You have handled this mess with great patience . Not much help but still , best of luck .

They all have offered but with full refund and free cruise they arent getting much value since they lost airfare. We didnt since we live in Fort Lauderdale...

Resolutions called me again, supervisor said they will let us cancel all the cabins and give us full refunds + credit. We are exploring that option now. No refund for airfare for friends though, so that puts a wrinkle in it.

Keep everyone posted if you guys/gals want.

Can't they find you (or somebody else in your group) a suitable room somewhere on that ship so that everybody gets to sail tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been reading RCI's page and you are lucky Garavar. Same thing happened to someone else; cancelled some people on a linked reservation but not others and Royal is offering them absolutely nothing at all.

When you check your luggage in at the pier, they usually have your cabin number. If not, then you could put them into your friends cabin #. Maybe this would help you out to find which cabin you are assigned before you actually check in.

The porters don't have your cabin number. They look at the documentation that you have in order to write up a the tags. The folks doing check-in have the number but it is already too late by then as your bags are on their way to the ship.

The porters don't have your cabin number. They look at the documentation that you have in order to write up a the tags. The folks doing check-in have the number but it is already too late by then as your bags are on their way to the ship.

They have manifests. Sometimes GTY is assigned at the pier.

Garavar,

When are you scheduled to sail? I have read EVERY post and suffered with you throughout. I thought you sailed today but do not see Empress in port in Maimi via the webcam. Had planned to watch your sailaway and send happy thoughts your way.

Grace

Garavar,

When are you scheduled to sail? I have read EVERY post and suffered with you throughout. I thought you sailed today but do not see Empress in port in Maimi via the webcam. Had planned to watch your sailaway and send happy thoughts your way.

Grace

Empress is on the far left on portmiamiwebcam.com

Garavar,

Grace

Heading to the port now, I never leave this early but with all the uncertainity I am gonna be 1 of the first in line for sure.

Heading to the port now, I never leave this early but with all the uncertainity I am gonna be 1 of the first in line for sure.

I am biting my nails up here in RI for you!!! Please post an update once you are on board and ready to start your vacation 😆

My clients were another cabin that was cancelled on Saturday due to the plumbing issue. They were driving down from NJ and then leaving their kids with her parents for a few days together. They were offered a full refund, plus an FCC equal to what they paid for this cruise.

We ended up getting them on another ship out of Miami, different cruise line. Not sure how long the FCC is good; with small kids, getting time to go away is never easy, particularly if you live in the NE and most of the less expensive cruises are out of Florida.

But definitely stressful to get that call 2 days before sailing.

At Port, checked in and they assigned me cabin I already had reserved. I told them what happened to this point they said they dont see any cancellation, cabin change or anything in their system.

Was told to go to Guest Services when I get on board to double check. Heading there now.

At Port, checked in and they assigned me cabin I already had reserved. I told them what happened to this point they said they dont see any cancellation, cabin change or anything in their system.

Was told to go to Guest Services when I get on board to double check. Heading there now.

Wow!! So you're ending up with the same room you booked in the first place. They really got things all mixed up. Very confusing and stressful situation!

Unbelievable. Actually, no. That is believable.

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Lol, they gave us nothing extra and I asked for nothing, just happy getting everything as originally planned

I just want to say that I appreciate people like you! There are many people that would insist on something extra for all the hassle, and not consider the fact that they are getting exactly what they had expected and paid for. You are proof that there are still great people out there who don't always want something "extra".

Enjoy that cruise and tell your lady that we wish her a very happy birthday!

Wow!! So you're ending up with the same room you booked in the first place. They really got things all mixed up. Very confusing and stressful situation!

Got to Guest Services the Manager Kwane took care of us. He says that my room 9108 is fine, there was/is no problems and there is nothing about me getting cancelled.

He moved us to a different Jr Suite just in case. Stateroom isn't ready but you bet we will rush there when it is to check it out.

I just want to say that I appreciate people like you! There are many people that would insist on something extra for all the hassle, and not consider the fact that they are getting exactly what they had expected and paid for. You are proof that there are still great people out there who don't always want something "extra".

Enjoy that cruise and tell your lady that we wish her a very happy birthday!

Thanks, we try to never complain or demand anything, both us worked in customer service through high school, college and grad school. So we know how it is. Also we are now business owners so we know how hard the day to day operations can become.

I am happy to receive the product I paid for, I don't need anything extra. If I get less than value, then yes I would expect to be compensated (ie Interior when I paid for Suite, I better get some OBC lol)

Got to Guest Services the Manager Kwane took care of us. He says that my room 9108 is fine, there was/is no problems and there is nothing about me getting cancelled.

He moved us to a different Jr Suite just in case. Stateroom isn't ready but you bet we will rush there when it is to check it out.

Thanks, we try to never complain or demand anything, both us worked in customer service through high school, college and grad school. So we know how it is. Also we are now business owners so we know how hard the day to day operations can become.

I am happy to receive the product I paid for, I don't need anything extra. If I get less than value, then yes I would expect to be compensated (ie Interior when I paid for Suite, I better get some OBC lol)

I would do a quick search of that new JS number to make sure it isn't a cabin that people have reported has issues.

Fingers crossed for a problem free cruise.:)

Glad all worked out for you. I, like you, am rather level headed when it comes to questioning/complaining about various issue. Why do people have to be so nasty all the time? What's that saying, "You get more flies with honey?"