Missed Call From Crown and Anchor Society

Thats what we are looking at doing, maybe Bimini or something. Everything is up in the air right now.

My vote is for Captiva Island (love to go shelling there). Not that my vote would ever count. :D :D Bimini also sounds like a good idea.

Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully things will work out better for everyone.

What's your point? They didn't advertise /solicit

I am familiar with the guidelines, thanks. Nowhere does it say that I am not allowed to mention what I do for a living. Review my previous posts if you are concerned that I might be trolling CC looking for clients.

k.

Agreed.

Yay. I am so glad they were able to accommodate you. I am so disappointed in RC these last few months and days. I am so happy I didn't rebook when they cancelled my three bookings last month with no compensation. :(

Wow, they didn't offer you anything? Seems like they will go out of their way for some people and then just drop others by the wayside. Some people have to make arrangements with their bosses, pet sitters, child care, etc and then to have RC just cancel on them. RC, not very good at all. :eek:

They need to rename that ship "Cancellation of the Seas".

Those of us who have been cancelled twice on this ship may not hold the record any more. Who's been cancelled three times on this ship?

How about Disaster Of The Seas? :rolleyes:

Edited by ReneeFLL

If everyone didn't know better, you'd think they just pulled Empress out of a scrap yard. Hard to believe she was actually in service before Royal reacquired her.

I am sitting here thinking that same thing tonight.

Sounds like they need to start over from the ground up.

Agreed.

Agreed with what? A TA can mention that they are a TA but they can't have an email address in their signature. There are very helpful TA that post on these boards that I would love to have an email address for, but they follow community guidelines and don't list their email.

Sorry to jack your thread, Garavar. Wishing you calm waters on your cruise.

So from reading the whole thread, it seems to have been for Garavar like this....

I'm looking fwd to going on a cruise in a few days time with all my friends to celebrate my ladys birthday. I live in Florida my friends to not.

My cruise gets cancelled. My friends do not.

Royal won't cancel my friends cruises.

Royal try ringing other people in JS but I'm told dont hold my breath they only have 3 more people to call and so far no-one wants to cancel their reservation.

Royal offer me my compensation deal.

All my friends offer to swap with me so at least I and the birthday girl can celebrate with some of them.

Royal offer to cancel all bookings but not refund the air fair.

Royal from a different dept. (and apparently in this high tech age nothing cross references) suddenly find that on a sold out cruise, that in reality there are quite a few JS suites that are available and now you can go on your cruise with all your friends and you should be soooooo happy that we resolved it all for you. ( Give ourselves a pat on the back because we made your dream come true.)

REALITY. We gave you huge stresses 2 days before you sailed when actually had we been honest or even gave our departments who deal with this crap a REAL view of what was REALLY available we could have solved this with one phone call to say dear customer due to issues we have had on board we unfortunately have to move you from you JS number...... But we have put you in JS number..... instead.

Sorry for this inconvenience but we hope you enjoy your cruise and that your lady has a great birthday.

What GREAT customer service. NOT!!!!

Agreed with what? A TA can mention that they are a TA but they can't have an email address in their signature. There are very helpful TA that post on these boards that I would love to have an email address for, but they follow community guidelines and don't list their email.

Sorry to jack your thread, Garavar. Wishing you calm waters on your cruise.

ReneeFLL was agreeing to the TA's reply to knowing the guidelines. This poster also doesn't respond using multiple quotes. Maybe in attempt to increase post counts. :confused:

Edited by iluvcruzin

So from reading the whole thread, it seems to have been for Garavar like this....

I'm looking fwd to going on a cruise in a few days time with all my friends to celebrate my ladys birthday. I live in Florida my friends to not.

My cruise gets cancelled. My friends do not.

Royal won't cancel my friends cruises.

Royal try ringing other people in JS but I'm told dont hold my breath they only have 3 more people to call and so far no-one wants to cancel their reservation.

Royal offer me my compensation deal.

All my friends offer to swap with me so at least I and the birthday girl can celebrate with some of them.

Royal offer to cancel all bookings but not refund the air fair.

Royal from a different dept. (and apparently in this high tech age nothing cross references) suddenly find that on a sold out cruise, that in reality there are quite a few JS suites that are available and now you can go on your cruise with all your friends and you should be soooooo happy that we resolved it all for you. ( Give ourselves a pat on the back because we made your dream come true.)

REALITY. We gave you huge stresses 2 days before you sailed when actually had we been honest or even gave our departments who deal with this crap a REAL view of what was REALLY available we could have solved this with one phone call to say dear customer due to issues we have had on board we unfortunately have to move you from you JS number...... But we have put you in JS number..... instead.

Sorry for this inconvenience but we hope you enjoy your cruise and that your lady has a great birthday.

What GREAT customer service. NOT!!!!

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. It is amazing that they geniuely appear to have zero ability to cross reference...

It is clear because when I missed the call and called back, someone from "Sales/Reservations" answered. I told him I missed call gave him my reservation # and he said that he doesn't see why anyone called me and my reservation is fine.

I hung up, called again and someone from Crown and Anchor answered this time (strange in and of itself) and he said that someone from Resolution had called me and tried to transfer me to the agent but she was on another call and she will call me when she gets off.

So Sales/Reservations had no idea I was cancelled but C&A did. Make sense? Nope.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. It is amazing that they geniuely appear to have zero ability to cross reference...

It is clear because when I missed the call and called back, someone from "Sales/Reservations" answered. I told him I missed call gave him my reservation # and he said that he doesn't see why anyone called me and my reservation is fine.

I hung up, called again and someone from Crown and Anchor answered this time (strange in and of itself) and he said that someone from Resolution had called me and tried to transfer me to the agent but she was on another call and she will call me when she gets off.

So Sales/Reservations had no idea I was cancelled but C&A did. Make sense? Nope.

I guess the question is if you were not proactive, do you think they might have resolved it prior to calling you back...you'll never know.

Your question...... makes sense? Nope....actually it does, the rep. who picked up your call choose not to investigate, plain and simple...that rep did a disservice to u as well as to RCI.

Edited by land lover

I guess the question is if you were not proactive, do you think they might have resolved it prior to calling you back...you'll never know.

So proactive is now returning a missed call???:rolleyes:

If they were going to resolve it they shouldn't have called in the first place and so start the stress levels rising.

I'm sorry but if 3 days before my cruise is due to sail I see that the company has called me and I wasn't home to speak to them, of course I'm going to call back!!!! That isnt being proactive that's common sense IMO

If they were going to resolve it they shouldn't have called in the first place and so start the stress levels rising.

I'm sorry but if 3 days before my cruise is due to sail I see that the company has called me and I wasn't home to speak to them, of course I'm going to call back!!!! That isnt being proactive that's common sense IMO

I normally dont call back missed calls. But I did this because...

A) It Was Royal

B) I was on Empress and not any other ship

C) It was 2 days before sailing.

A) It Was Royal

I think if you DIDN'T call there would have been a very rude surprise at the port Monday morning.

I think if you DIDN'T call there would have been a very rude surprise at the port Monday morning.

You r making me smile.....you're right they should not have called but the fact they did not leave the reason for their call leads me to believe they just continued down the list.

Having taken 4 cruises in the last 3 months, with 2 having problems...one with a cabin assignment I feel very comfortable in making that statement.

That sometimes when one let's sleeping dogs lie they do.....remember he had talked to no one. Just sayin'

Maybe i am out of the loop but i have never heard of anyone not getting a cabin when they show up at the port with documentation.

Edited by land lover

A) It Was Royal

Exactly my point and as LMaxwell also said if you hadn't you may have had a very rude awakening when you arrived at the port. In my view you were not being proactive - you were being extremely smart:D

You r making me smile.....you're right they should not have called but the fact they did not leave the reason for their call leads me to believe they just continued down the list.

Having taken 4 cruises in the last 3 months, with 2 having problems...one with a cabin assignment I feel very comfortable in making that statement.

That sometimes when one let's sleeping dogs lie they do.....

Maybe i am out of the loop but i have never heard of anyone not getting a cabin when they show up at the port with documentation.

Then all I can say to you is you have far more faith in Royal right now than I do.

If I'd been about to go on a ship that has had as many well documented issues as this one and I got a call but no message 3 days before sailing, there isnt a hope would I think ah it's fine I will just show up and all will be fantastic. I don't have that kind of faith in any company :)

Sorry but thats justs me. :D

An afterthought though - recently you are now having issues 50% of the time you cruise? So does this mean things are slipping at Royal?

then all i can say to you is you have far more faith in royal right now than i do.

If i'd been about to go on a ship that has had as many well documented issues as this one and i got a call but no message 3 days before sailing, there isnt a hope would i think ah it's fine i will just show up and all will be fantastic. I don't have that kind of faith in any company :)

sorry but thats justs me. :d

an afterthought though - recently you are now having issues 50% of the time you cruise? so does this mean things are slipping at royal?

:) yes!

Edited by land lover

Actually only one of those cruises was with RCI(yes, i still call it that as my first cruise with them was in 1992)

In fact, I think customer service in the cruise industry itself has taken a dive, but with so many ships....and so many people......

Edited by land lover

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Lol, they gave us nothing extra and I asked for nothing, just happy getting everything as originally planned

Outstanding news. Rather nerve racking just reading through this thread.

Wow, they didn't offer you anything? Seems like they will go out of their way for some people and then just drop others by the wayside. Some people have to make arrangements with their bosses, pet sitters, child care, etc and then to have RC just cancel on them. RC, not very good at all. :eek:

That's not entirely true. This is what they offered and she was in the May group offering. According to her they also paid her airline change fee and reimbursed her for her insurance. She must not have taken advantage of the offering.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49782307&postcount=890

Sorry to hear about your cancelled cabin. Try to look for another sailing from Royal for about the same time. Have this information ready when they call you with an offer for your inconvenience....

Hope that something works out for you ....

Sorry to hear about your cancelled cabin. Try to look for another sailing from Royal for about the same time. Have this information ready when they call you with an offer for your inconvenience....

Hope that something works out for you ....

If you're responding to Garavar, the issue was resolved several pages back,;)

Garavar, not sure I would have been able to hold it together with the patience that you did. What a nail biter! So happy for you and your lady that everything is good to go now. Time to get on that ship and celebrate.:)

If you're responding to Garavar, the issue was resolved several pages back,;)

Garavar, not sure I would have been able to hold it together with the patience that you did. What a nail biter! So happy for you and your lady that everything is good to go now. Time to get on that ship and celebrate.:)

Not quite in the clear yet...I still haven't received a confirmation or cabin reassignment #.

TA spoke with some at RC they said that when I get to port ill be given new JS cabin number. This should make for some rashing good fun with luggage tags having different cabin #