Missed Call From Crown and Anchor Society

Last week my Rhapsody repo for 11/2017 was cancelled and I was very happy with my offer...

What was your offer?

People often post they received an offer, but don't disclose the amount. Not sure why as Royal does not say they will take it away if you mention it. LoL By posting it helps others determine if they received a similar offer.

Recently our Brilliance cruise was cancelled due to a charter. We were booked in an inside room for a Feb 2017, 4 night sailing. We were offered same pricing on alternate dates on the same ship or onboard credit towards any other ship/sailing. $200 for any suite or $100 for anything else and it was combinable with ANY sale or promotion.

We found a really good deal on Navigator and netted a total of $550 obc.

Just remember, this could happen to ANY of us, and on ANY ship. Sorry to the OP for this sad last minute news. All the best. Wishing you guys a decent refund and a makeup plan from RCL. I am cruising next week on Anthem and just hoping a small tropical depression or summer hurricane doesn't slam our plans.

I just checked my cell phone and noticed there was a missed call from RCCL. I listened to the message they left and realized the call was meant for someone else...telling them their Legend cruise had been cancelled!

I just called RCCL to let them know I hadn't booked the Legend and now the actual cruiser has missed the phone call. I was assured RCCL is also sending out emails to notify guests of their cancelled cruise.

Even though the call wasn't intended for me, I felt bad for anyone getting a notification that their cruise has been cancelled!

So first we have RCI calling the OP to tell him his cruise was cancelled though it really wasn't. Then they call this poster to tell them their cruise, that they don't even have a booking for, is cancelled. And that probably means that someone has a cancelled cruise and got no phone call at all as it went to the wrong place.

Just sitting here shaking my head.

I think it was a joke, as he is having bad luck... not inferring this is the OP fault, IMO

Probably so. I just find this whole situation so disgusting that I guess I'm missing any attempt at humor on this thread.

What was your offer?

People often post they received an offer, but don't disclose the amount. Not sure why as Royal does not say they will take it away if you mention it. LoL By posting it helps others determine if they received a similar offer.

Recently our Brilliance cruise was cancelled due to a charter. We were booked in an inside room for a Feb 2017, 4 night sailing. We were offered same pricing on alternate dates on the same ship or onboard credit towards any other ship/sailing. $200 for any suite or $100 for anything else and it was combinable with ANY sale or promotion.

We found a really good deal on Navigator and netted a total of $550 obc.

We were booked on the Rhapsody Repo 10/23/1017 which was cancelled. Royal's offer : Rebook by June 22 on the Serenade 10/20/2017 (not as good an itinerary as Rhapsody's, but Ok), $200 OBC for balcony ($400 for suites) and price protection.

Serenade cruise was cheaper to begin with so price protection did not come into play.

So walking past my "ex" room, I saw a lady coming out of it. So much for the room being busted and needing cancellation.

But the people onboard told you there was no problem. When they moved you, they were then obviously able to allow others to upgrade.

Weird weird situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the people onboard told you there was no problem. When they moved you, they were then obviously able to allow others to upgrade.

Weird weird situation.

I'm thinking there were problems with some cabins and pressed for time they arbitrarily cancelled cabins in and around the problem areas . Perhaps they wanted to avoid the ultimate nightmare of customers booked in unusable cabins and nowhere to put them . This is not a defense of poor corporate behavior and incompetence .