Hangars in closets?

vequist

My wife is nervous that there won't be enough hangers in the closets. Is it necessary to pack extra hangers?

We usually have them take out the nice wooden hangers and bring us wire hangers, they take up much less room in closet. I do bring a few plastic skirt hangers that I can leave at end of cruise. also on this class ship there is great storage above the bed where we keep all our knit tops and polo shirts folded.

You will have plenty but....

Part of my quick unpacking technique is to have shirts, tops, trousers....all 3/4 to a hanger (thin wire) in my case. Then when I board I can just hang them up! If you fold and roll you don't get too many creases. I also tightly pack undies in bags so again you just open a draw and pop the right bag in!

Have a great cruise!

One has to wonder how a person can be hung up on such a meaningless question. If you are concerned you will not have enough, take a few with you. How much weight can that add to your baggage allowance?

If you need more hangers, just ask. On my recent cruises, I have had enough hangers without asking for more. Packing less is a good idea. Each time I cruise, I try to pack fewer things. I use the ship laundry. Taking less reduces the weight of your suitcase. Only packing clothing that you will wear. If you bring clothes thinking that you might wear it, leave it home. Stick to a basic color. Avoid loud prints. My rule is bring no more than 2. 2 shorts, 2 pants, 2 short sleeve shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 sets of underwear, etc. Depending upon climate include a bathing suit, rain jacket, hat, gloves, scarf. With the clothes that you are wearing, that gives you 3 basic changes. That is enough. With the no formal night now, leave the fancy clothing home.

We usually have them take out the nice wooden hangers and bring us wire hangers, they take up much less room in closet. I do bring a few plastic skirt hangers that I can leave at end of cruise. also on this class ship there is great storage above the bed where we keep all our knit tops and polo shirts folded.

I do this too. I like to hang up almost all our clothes (except swimwear and shorts). Bringing the wire hangers from home works great because then there's so much more room in the closet. We don't have to worry about them adding weight to our luggage with the class we fly so it makes it easy to bring them. ;)

How long is the cruise? If it's only 7 days, you'll be fine. If it's 14 days or more, then it might be an issue. However, you can ask you steward for more if you're concerned.

:)

Double hang...pants go across the bar and a shirt on the hanger (as you would normally) on top of the pants. If you have light-weight capris or skirts you can hang two on the clip hangers. I take almost two outfits per day (one for day wear and one for evening) and get all our stuff for a 12 day cruise hung up with the original number of hangers provided. That is excluding shorts and t- shirts.

We only take long cruises now, at least two weeks. We have learned to take less and we do use the ship laundry ... but there are still never enough hangers to begin with. We always ask for more, and stewards are always able to oblige. And everytime the laundry comes back there are even more hangers! (yes, we return any we don't really need ... someone else might!)

About a year ago, there was a thread on this forum about traveling light. We decided to try to travel with carry on only for our next 2 week cruise with a week of travel before and after the cruise. It forced us to critically review everything we had in our suitcase and carry on bag. We had to pack for both warm weather (in the high 80's in London and in the 50's in Iceland and Norway). It was a challenge but we did it.

Our decision to pack lightly paid off at the beginning of the trip. Our flight to London was significantly delayed but we were able to get on a different, earlier flight because we didn't have any checked baggage. Because we were able to carry all our luggage on, we were totally unpacked and relaxing on our verandah within 15 minutes of getting into our cabin. And, we had plenty of hangars - no need to ask for more.

We have done several long trips since last summer, all with just carry on bags. It's so liberating and much easier to unpack when we get home. It also helps control "souvenir" purchasing since we don't have much spare room in the suitcases.

Traveling lightly is not for everyone but it does make travel much easier, especially as we age. Hauling the big suitcases through the airport was getting more difficult (too heavy to lift). Best forum I ever read and best advice received about traveling.

My wife is nervous that there won't be enough hangers in the closets. Is it necessary to pack extra hangers?

There are lots of hangars, but they are the thick wooden ones that take up a lot of space.

I always pack my shirts by simply folding them with my blazer, in hangars directly in the suitcase. When unpacking, I just pull out my shirts and hang them up.

Not at all! Once you get settled your cabin attendant will introduce himself/herself to you. They should be able to provide more hangers.

There are lots of hangars, but they are the thick wooden ones that take up a lot of space.

I was pleasantly surprise on my last cruise (my first Celebrity cruise) to find that there were no wooden hangers in the cupboard; they were all metal or plastic ones that took up very little space. We were also able to ask for more.

On our 2 week Eclipse cruise, I left a post it note for the steward asking for a "few" more hangers. When we returned to our cabin, we found a huge pile of wire hangers on the bed. I loved how all the wooden hangers in the closet all had skirt hangers attached. We hung up almost everything.