Quick question. Just pulled into Labadee

What is the difference between a "Coco Loco" and a "Labadoozie"?

The name on the cup. ;)

I think one will give a "doozie" of a hangover if you drink too many and the other will make you "loco" if you drink too many.:)

I must have missed something along the way. How does a drink package work on the island?

It is an RCL run venue.

It is neither an island or private. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

I must have missed something along the way. How does a drink package work on the island?

Same as on the ship, you give the bartender or bar server your card and the drink is served without additional charge.

Just be aware that drinks in "collectible" cups are NOT included in the package...so make sure you don't get those ridiculous cups!

For a different reason, since we ended up with so many of those cups and then

just threw them away, we asked for one in a regular plastic glass. You would have

thought we had grown a third arm or something. Bartender stared at us like

we were crazy that we did not want that "sippy cup". :eek: :p :p

Back on the ship. Was not a fan of Labadee or the Labadoozie[emoji23]

It was like drinking pure rum [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bartender must have thought he was helping you out. Sometime I find them so sickly sweet that I will get an upset stomach, not drunk if I drink too many. On occasion I've seen someone order the virgin one at the same price as the other and told the guy to give me their rum since it was the same price.

The bartender must have thought he was helping you out. Sometime I find them so sickly sweet that I will get an upset stomach, not drunk if I drink too many. On occasion I've seen someone order the virgin one at the same price as the other and told the guy to give me their rum since it was the same price.

I'm ashamed to say it was one sip and in the garbage. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. At least I tried it.

I'm ashamed to say it was one sip and in the garbage. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. At least I tried it.

We have found Labadoozies to be hit or miss. If you get it from a guy walking around, sometimes they are all melted and gross. If you get one that was just made, they are much better. I have had the same issue with it tasting like straight rum, but found that it was because they pour it on, instead of mixing it in. So, now I make sure I get one that is still really frozen and then mix it really well before trying it. I still think they are overrated though and would take a frozen strawberry margarita any day instead of a Labadoozie.:D

You have to stir them up. They pour the rum in first and then just dump a bunch of the pre-made slushie on top. If your straw is all the way at the bottom, you just get all rum! It's more obvious in the clear plastic cups.

You have to stir them up. They pour the rum in first and then just dump a bunch of the pre-made slushie on top. If your straw is all the way at the bottom, you just get all rum! It's more obvious in the clear plastic cups.

Uh oh! Sounds like a rookie move. :D

You'll need quite a few drinks to wash down that garbage food they serve on Labadee.

I thought Haiti was gorgeous but that food was disgusting.

What ....you don't like the "You want flies with that?" Beach BBQ??!! :eek: ;)

All the food actually comes from the ship, but there is just something about

the way it all gets transported and then reheated there that does something

to the quality.....IMHO.

All we do in Labadee is take a long early walk, then back to the ship for

an uncrowded lunch on board.

Edited by island lady

Yes however the bars have limited product. If you are a beer drinker, you should be fine. Many of cocktails are served in souvenir cups only and they charge for those. Also, the coconut drinks and pineapple that are served in those items have a charge too.

Just be aware that drinks in "collectible" cups are NOT included in the package...so make sure you don't get those ridiculous cups!

I like those ridiculous cups. I have one from Coco Cay & Labadee! I also enjoyed the food at both locations. The food is what it is. I don't know what folks expect from a mass production of hot dogs, burgers, corn on the cob, etc. It's typical in the park cookout stuff. I don't expect nothing more, nothing less! They must spend all night the day before to get all that food prepared and loaded up to bring to land!

:eek:

Edited by bigque