Cruise Critic blocked on my computer.

Thank you all for the suggestions and support . I have the link to the boards saved on my laptop. I also can get on the main site, just not the forums. I just tried that. I will reboot and if that doesn't work I will try the other suggestions.

I have to go to work soon. Working 3 twelve hour night shifts in a row, so I will have to be using Tapatalk anyway until after the weekend. Hopefully all will be good by then. [emoji4]

In the meantime I will try to contact CC via the main page now that I know I can access that. I didn't know how to contact them through Tapatalk, which is one reason I posted here, hoping they would see it.

And yes, I really just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem. Not a slam to CC. I Love CC! [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

A forbidden site?? Uh..oh...what did you do Bob??!! ;) :p :p

But seriously, it looks like many of us are having problems. About a year

ago I was blocked totally from getting into the site. I had to completely

reboot my computer, and turn my internet connection off. Restarted

everything and it came back up as normal.

What did we ever do before computers and the internet anyway?? :eek:

Frustrating little electronic boxes!! ;)

Went to the library and read books:D

Edited by jaspercat

I have AVG on my laptop - While ago I couldn't access CC from my bookmark but could via Google search. Was getting Access Denied. Not sure why I could come through that way - AVG seemed to have issue with CC's certificate. :confused:

Have you tried what I suggested? When that screen comes up, as it did with

my Webroot program, click on "tell me more about it". Then you will see an

explanation. You then have the opportunity to "continue to site". That is what

I did, and has let me in ever since.

I did the same and it's working fine for me now. :D

I had some problem yesterday too...and today trying to scroll down CC my screen is jumping all over the place..isn't happening anywhere else just CC....Help or thoughts :confused:

Edited by Ashland

This is what I get:

Access Denied IPS Policy

You are attempting to access a forbidden site.

That's what I received on the desktop at work. I thought maybe they had caught on to what I was spending my break time on. :o

Received a similar warning from Webroot at home. I just clicked ignore.

You are most welcome. :) I tried to explain that to others, but not sure if they followed

those instructions. Obviously it worked for both of us. :)

Edited by island lady

I am having issues too, I use Kaspersky. Mine seems to have a problem with Shockwave Flash and the blinking or moving sponsor ads. I think CC just recently added a sponsor who has suspicious code or code that is like a know malware program. Fortunately, KasperShy allows you to shut down the Flash and to proceed on. It does slows things down a bit.

Hope the Mods are reading this post.

This may allow you to the site but if it is malware, you now have it running on your computer and you may now also be passing it on to others in emails.

Please don't allow malware to run on your computer for the sake of ready CC. I believe the issue is with one of the sponsors banners or could also be from a poster who uses flash in their signature block.

I SURE HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE CREDIT CARD HISTORY ON YOUR COMPUTER? The malware may be seeking that info and pass on your card data.

Be careful what you ALLOW on your computer. You have been warned.

Edited by troykahack

I am having issues too, I use Kaspersky. Mine seems to have a problem with Shockwave Flash and the blinking or moving sponsor ads. I think CC just recently added a sponsor who has suspicious code or code that is like a know malware program. Fortunately, KasperShy allows you to shut down the Flash and to proceed on. It does slows things down a bit.

Hope the Mods are reading this post.

I have Flash on my browser (Firefox) set to "Ask to Activate". You might be surprised at how many websites (this one included) don't need Flash to be functional. I usually only have to turn it on to watch videos.

I have Flash on my browser (Firefox) set to "Ask to Activate". You might be surprised at how many websites (this one included) don't need Flash to be functional. I usually only have to turn it on to watch videos.

Excellent point. Thanks

However instructing users to ALLOW could be harmful to their computer and eventually others. ALLOWING something to execute just defeats purpose of having a program to detect it.

Just following up here. I worked for the last three nights and had my computer turned completely off. I turned it back on just now and was able to access CC just fine. Everything is back to normal on my end.:)

Ginny,

I don't remember if I pointed it out, but it can help to bookmark not only the cruise critic main page, but also the page that takes you to the Royal Caribbean Page, or perhaps the top level of the AZ cruisers page. Back in our 2013 roll call, one of the greatest roll call groups ever ;) I turned on the notification of when someone posted that way I could click and go right to a particular thread. At that critical time I thought my company blocked cruise critic, but it was just something on the main page that got it stopped.

On my side, with Kaspersky, it "appears" to only show itself when CC users are using a flashing or moving GIF as their profile picture. These GIF's are very dangerous if used in malicious way, and many set off the detectors even though they may not have a issue. Most sites forbid automated GIF's.

Ginny,

I don't remember if I pointed it out, but it can help to bookmark not only the cruise critic main page, but also the page that takes you to the Royal Caribbean Page, or perhaps the top level of the AZ cruisers page. Back in our 2013 roll call, one of the greatest roll call groups ever ;) I turned on the notification of when someone posted that way I could click and go right to a particular thread. At that critical time I thought my company blocked cruise critic, but it was just something on the main page that got it stopped.

I have several pages bookmarked, but had the same message on all of them a few days ago. Now all are working fine.

That was a great Roll Call, wasn't it?;) And I remember when you thought that your company blocked CC. I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day!:D