No Lobster on Serenade.

mek

We just returned from a wonderful 11 night cruise to Norway on Serenade. I'm still recovering from jet lag and will write a review in a few days, but I wanted to let those of you who are sailing on Serenade this summer know that we didn't have lobster in the MDR and were told that they wouldn't be serving lobster on any of the European itineraries. They also ran out of grapefruit and bananas half way through the cruise. Life goes on, but I know some people really look forward to lobster, so a heads up.

Edited by mek

We just returned from a wonderful 11 night cruise to Norway on Serenade. I'm still recovering from jet lag and will write a review in a few days, but I wanted to let those of you who are sailing on Serenade this summer know that we didn't have lobster in the MDR and were told that they wouldn't be serving lobster on any of the European itineraries. They also ran out of grapefruit and bananas half way through the cruise. Life goes on, but I know some people really look forward to lobster, so a heads up.

No lobster, bananas and grapefruit, get a refund.

No lobster on Euro cruises. Taken 3 12 nite Medit. cruises and lobster was never on or offered on the MDR menu.

That is because of who was primarily traveling on that sailing. Did you notice there were other changes also...such as English bacon? I had to ask for American Bacon to get that. My DH loves English bacon so he really enjoyed that they offered that.

Swell post.

Huh? What about our kids?? Mine love bananas, so why should they go without. We pay enough for our cruises you would think Royal could afford to top up the fruit larder on a regular basis! I'm not having my kids starve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be less of an 'obsession' with cruisers in other parts of the world.

Personally I prefer some king prawns and a good steak :) ;)

I think that's true. Lobster isn't a mainstream dish her in Europe, especially the UK. You don't even see it on many restaurant menus. King prawns and steak are much more popular here too.

The substitute for lobster on the 2nd formal night was "giant prawns" - 3 shrimp served on mashed potatoes. LOL - they we're probably 30 count shrimp - really colossal!

The substitute for lobster on the 2nd formal night was "giant prawns" - 3 shrimp served on mashed potatoes. LOL - they we're probably 30 count shrimp - really colossal!

:) I had to google what you meant by 30 count shrimp :) We love giant prawns (shrimp in your language!) Hope you tried some. We have kilos and kilos at christmas time and Costco here sells them in 5 kilo (10 pound) packs. There are queues to get them!

http://loadedtrolley.com.au/seafood-at-costco-australia/

Edited by lucymorgan

I would like the clarify that there is no lobster on Europe and Australia cruises ever since due to supplier issues.

Also came from Serenade from Norway and no lobster last month, also Radiance from Australia no lobster on both of my Feb 2015 and 2016 sailings, and came from Ovation last week no boiled lobster as well at the Grande...also no SeaBass at Chic

You have to pay extra if you want lobster in Ovation at the Solarium Bistro..

But Quantum has lobster both at Grande (boiled lobster tail) and Devinly Decadence (surf and turf) during the Asia part Global Odyssey days last year that I was in... Voyager had 2 cases that its Asia sailing I was in had lobster... but limited to only 1 tail per person... and the other case they sneaked in a surprise lobster when it says in the menu that it is supposed to be shrimp. :) Lobster is expensive in Asia.

Was told by the head waiter in Ovation that only in Caribbean sailings that they consistently have lobster as they have a good supplier in that region.

Hope this helps...

Edited by roquejo

Huh? What about our kids?? Mine love bananas, so why should they go without. We pay enough for our cruises you would think Royal could afford to top up the fruit larder on a regular basis! I'm not having my kids starve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we have no bananas.

Edited by natty bumppo

Would not bother me. Even on ships that do have lobster, we don't order the

lobster in the MDR even when it is free. Mushy, overcooked, "warm water tails".

Will take shrimp any day over lobster.

Want real fresh and delicious lobster? Go to Maine!! :D

Those are the true lobster with claws! Warm water tails

don't have claws. They are really just large crawfish.

Edited by island lady

Would not bother me. Even on ships that do have lobster, we don't order the

lobster in the MDR even when it is free. Mushy, overcooked, "warm water tails".

Will take shrimp any day over lobster.

Want real fresh and delicious lobster? Go to Maine!! :D

Those are the true lobster with claws! Warm water tails

don't have claws. They are really just large crawfish.

Agree 100% except I think crawfish are better than the lobster served now a days. I will pass on that and order something tasty.

Eat a real North East lobster and I doubt you will be disappointed about lack of lobster on a cruise.

Agree 100% except I think crawfish are better than the lobster served now a days. I will pass on that and order something tasty.

Eat a real North East lobster and I doubt you will be disappointed about lack of lobster on a cruise.

Mmmm...those fresh steamed "bugs" in Louisiana are yums! Bring on a draft beer

and do as the locals do! ;)

We quite often spend the summer in Maine and eat so much fresh lobster, I swear

we start growing claws and turning red! ;) :p :p