Printing your Xpress Pass (or not as the case maybe)

Wansbrough

Congratulations! Print your Xpress Pass and you're 100% done.

Let your vacation countdown begin. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon. If you return to make any changes to your reservation information, you will be required to print a new Xpress Pass at that time.

Great, all complete and details have been filled in, we are 40 days out so I'll print my Xpress Pass..............

But no.......:(

You may be unable to print your Xpress Pass if we are missing some important information or until your reservation is paid in full. If you feel that you have received this message in error please contact your Travel Agent or call Customer Service at 1-877-200-2897.
Contacted my TA and they told me I'm too early. :confused: I don't remember having to wait before?

What could possibly change which would prevent me printing?

Great, all complete and details have been filled in, we are 40 days out so I'll print my Xpress Pass..............

Contacted my TA and they told me I'm too early. :confused: I don't remember having to wait before?

Your TA is wrong! My next cruise is 40 days away, and I printed off my Xpress pass a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, Celebrity's website is not perfect, and I think this is the problem. Keep trying. Or, call Captain's Club and maybe they have a fix. I hope this helps.

Marie

You don't need to print it at all -- you can show up at the pier with a copy of your booking and they will check you in just fine. It adds maybe one minute of time to the whole process. Lots of people don't print theirs, or lose the one they printed, or pack it, or spill coffee on it or whatever. Nothing to stress about.

One can normally print off the express pass 49 days out from sailing. If one checks their booking on the website it should indicate in green if the express pass window is open. This restriction was put on about a year ago when there was no restriction once the cruise was paid for

It's not a big deal. Actually happens quite often.

Just call them up. They will get your reservation number and do some kind of tweaking right when you're on the phone. Happened to us the last two cruises after 11 cruises no problems. Once it wouldn't print and I got a message. And another time it said I hadn't filled out all of the forms completely and I had.

After I got off the phone it was ok. Worth a shot. Although......you don't need it really. Might take an extra two minutes at the check-in, but no problem.

You can call the number they gave you. If the TA couldn't do it, X can.

Edited by ClaudiaB

I'm guessing from your address that you on the Eclipse 31st July sailing?? We are also on it and were able to print off the Xpress pass a few days ago. Unfortunately I was unable to print off any luggage labels - I got the same message as you. I contacted our TA and they forwarded the e-document on to me - presumably they were able to access it even though I wasn't able to??

Sorry for this one, but gotta think of all angles.

is there any chance the TA has an outstanding balance with X. I doubt it it's the TA, but it's strange the OP (Original Poster for newbies) is being told there is a specifically a 'balance due'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by hnet999

It may (or may not) be an issue with your own computerbrowser. This seems to be particularly true with the MS Edge browser (included with Win10) which often will not work with some web sites or part of web sites. Another possible computer issue can be the "Cookies and History" on your computer. So we suggest a few quick tests. If you do not already have another browser, install either Google Chrome or Opera (we really like this browser because you can block most ads)....both of which are absolutely free (and only take a minute to install). Another smart computer practice is to delete your Cookies and Browsing History (lots of experts do this on a very routine basis).

We will plead guilty to being a computer "geek" and have recently (since Win10) been playing with all 3 popular browsers (MS Edge, Google Chrome and Opera). In fact, we have all 3 browsers on two of our home computers (no problems doing that). After a few weeks of experimenting, we have become very pleased with Opera. In fact, if we had to rank the browsers our order would be #1. Opera, #2 Google Chrome and a distant #3 MS Edge. We think Edge will quickly improve as more web sites adapt their software to that browser...but for now Edge is just too problamatic because of the incomparability with many sites.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I got the same message 40 days out from our July 17th Eclipse sailing. I phoned Celebrity UK and was told that I couldn't print it until 28 days from sailing and that their website was undergoing a major revamp. Printed out fine on the 19th June and was sent luggage labels by post today by my TA.

I'm guessing from your address that you on the Eclipse 31st July sailing?? We are also on it and were able to print off the Xpress pass a few days ago. Unfortunately I was unable to print off any luggage labels - I got the same message as you. I contacted our TA and they forwarded the e-document on to me - presumably they were able to access it even though I wasn't able to??

Good work Sherlock. ;) :D

Not too worried about printing it off as I know there are ways round it.

Enjoy the cruise. :)

It may (or may not) be an issue with your own computerbrowser. This seems to be particularly true with the MS Edge browser (included with Win10) which often will not work with some web sites or part of web sites. Another possible computer issue can be the "Cookies and History" on your computer. So we suggest a few quick tests. If you do not already have another browser, install either Google Chrome or Opera (we really like this browser because you can block most ads)....both of which are absolutely free (and only take a minute to install). Another smart computer practice is to delete your Cookies and Browsing History (lots of experts do this on a very routine basis).

We will plead guilty to being a computer "geek" and have recently (since Win10) been playing with all 3 popular browsers (MS Edge, Google Chrome and Opera). In fact, we have all 3 browsers on two of our home computers (no problems doing that). After a few weeks of experimenting, we have become very pleased with Opera. In fact, if we had to rank the browsers our order would be #1. Opera, #2 Google Chrome and a distant #3 MS Edge. We think Edge will quickly improve as more web sites adapt their software to that browser...but for now Edge is just too problamatic because of the incomparability with many sites.

Hank

Thanks Hank for the tips, especially about Opera.

Thanks Hank for the tips, especially about Opera.

We cannot over emphasize the joy of their ad blocking option. There are quite a few web sites I use, that really slow down because they have so many darn ads and popups. Opera stops a lot (not all) of this..and now I find that most sites work real fast without any of the typical delays while you wait for the ads to load.

Hank

As long as you gilled it out online...you really don't even NEED to print the thing...they have your info.

Even if you don't do the online thing...you can board, and they will get your info, then. Not a big deal at all.

We cannot over emphasize the joy of their ad blocking option. There are quite a few web sites I use, that really slow down because they have so many darn ads and popups. Opera stops a lot (not all) of this..and now I find that most sites work real fast without any of the typical delays while you wait for the ads to load.

Hank

Great to know about the pop ups as well. thanks

Hank

I have 3 browsers too but have Firefox instead of Opera. FF being my browser of choice.

And I was able to print the Xpress pass off this morning. The Gremlins have gone. :)

I had the same issue, website said my check in was 100% complete for me and 90% for my wife which meant I couldn't print off my Xpress pass.

I rang the helpdesk, they said they couldn't see an issue, I tried again 30 minutes later and it worked. To me there was an issue or it was just coincidence that after trying off and on for a week I was able to print off within 30 minutes of speaking to Celebrity ;)

I had the same issue, website said my check in was 100% complete for me and 90% for my wife which meant I couldn't print off my Xpress pass.

I rang the helpdesk, they said they couldn't see an issue, I tried again 30 minutes later and it worked. To me there was an issue or it was just coincidence that after trying off and on for a week I was able to print off within 30 minutes of speaking to Celebrity ;)

MMM, I wonder.