RC Credit Card

Alright, out of curiosity...

Does anyone have the cc? If so, do you like it and is it worth it?

The husband and I were debating getting it for an upcoming cruise, but I want to know if it is even worth the time.

Edited by Kayla103

We do, use it all the time for OBC. Can't tell you if the card is good for you, that's your call. We like it

Reward cards are not worth anything if you don't pay it off in full each month and factor in an annual fee. The rci card has no annual fee, yet

Edited by setsail

Alright, out of curiosity...

Does anyone have the cc? If so, do you like it and is it worth it?

The husband was debating getting it for an upcoming cruise, but I want to know if it is even worth the time.

We had it and got rid of it. When we first got it years ago it was great. Could combine the points with anything. Now basically it is only good for OBC. Cannot combine points with a balcony discount, the BOGOHO sales, etc. So in my opinion it is worthless. We canceled and got a Barclays card that pays us 2x per $1 on anything and we can use the points for any travel we want.

So while it was good back in the day, for me personally, I don't think it is worth much at all today since you cannot combine it with anything anymore.

I have had one for a number of years and like it. I am aware that some other reward cards offer a higher the percentage on regular (non-RCCL) purchase; however I like getting money off and/or OBC on cruises. In fact, we are getting $500 off our August cruise.

I have it and haven taken a couple of 4 day free cruises and have used it for OBC. The points do expire but in five years from date earned . I have several points expiring the end of this year, so I m using some of them for OBC for an up coming cruise. Will also be doing a 4 day cruise next June on the points .

You earn double points when you use it on a Royal cruise (which we do) . Hope this helps.

Edited by kuddles14

We had it and got rid of it. When we first got it years ago it was great. Could combine the points with anything. Now basically it is only good for OBC. Cannot combine points with a balcony discount, the BOGOHO sales, etc. So in my opinion it is worthless. We canceled and got a Barclays card that pays us 2x per $1 on anything and we can use the points for any travel we want.

So while it was good back in the day, for me personally, I don't think it is worth much at all today since you cannot combine it with anything anymore.

Same way we feel. Just running out the OBC now and will use other cards in the future.

Thanks all!

We would use it and pay it off right away to avoid interest. But it is good to know about the OBC and discounts.

I know some credit cards suck you in with certain things and then make it completely unattainable. That is why I wanted to check.

It'd be nice to use it to book our cruises and then earn points towards OBC. So I figured I'd ask the experts :D

wife and I found it useful when we were cruising more regularly and it didn't take that long to rack up a free cruise. Nowadays we're taking more land based vacations than cruises, so we've stopped using in it favor of a card with points that are good for anything - rather than just one thing.

Thanks all!

We would use it and pay it off right away to avoid interest. But it is good to know about the OBC and discounts.

I know some credit cards suck you in with certain things and then make it completely unattainable. That is why I wanted to check.

It'd be nice to use it to book our cruises and then earn points towards OBC. So I figured I'd ask the experts :D

Just got one. First RC cruise coming up in November.

We liked it because you immediately get enough points for a $100 obc, double points for everything booked with RC (we paid for the cruise and bev package so far on it) and you get a $50 statement credit immediately.

AND

If it turns out that I'm not a fan of RC following my first cruise with them, we DO like Celebrity and the points can go toward things on them (and Azamara) as well. :)

We got one last year and started out our cruise with $450 in OBC. Wondered what we would do with all that OBC but an unexpected trip to medical for an UTI took care of about $250. With the leftover OBC, I played some Bingo which is a ripoff if you have to pay for it but was fun with RCCI paying for it. DH got a few beers also. This year, we are Diamond for the first time and have $250 so far for our cruise in August. DH beers will be free during the Cocktail Hours. Double points for paying for the cruise with it added up quickly. We should be able to get another $50 in OBC before we leave. It is fun to use the OBC and not have a bill at the end of the cruise.

One other thing about the card. If you have OBC left at the end of the cruise, RCCI will refund the balance in cash at Customer Service Desk the last night of the cruise or credit it back to the CC after the cruise. So if you don't spend all of the OBC, you get it back. Pretty good deal, I would say.

One other thing about the card. If you have OBC left at the end of the cruise, RCCI will refund the balance in cash at Customer Service Desk the last night of the cruise or credit it back to the CC after the cruise. So if you don't spend all of the OBC, you get it back. Pretty good deal, I would say.

That is really good to know!

Two other things, the points expire after 5 years.

If there is a promo like they give you 10000 or 15000 points for signing, you each can apply for your own cc and each get the promo points. That's what we did a couple years apart and got 30000 promo points good for 300 obc

Same way we feel. Just running out the OBC now and will use other cards in the future.

Same here-

Perhaps you should have got the Celebrity Card.

Ha! Fair enough point.

We're sure we'll like RC just fine and the benefits were a little more advantageous with this card. Plus, I had (erroneously, I just double checked) thought I had seen the Celebrity card was through Barclays Bank and from feedback of a few friends I would refuse to go through them - however they are B of A like the RC card)

At any rate, doing this I was able to get an immediate benefit for my upcoming cruise, a benefit for my first bill and if I see no RC in the future I can always close the card out down the road ;)

This was exactly my experience also. Got a couple of free cruises, then the rules changed and BarclayCard became a much better deal.

We saved boatloads of money when it first came out and you could combine with anything. But when it got to be where it is now, now worth it. So many other cards out there that give you way more. So like all things you move on. Loved it when I got tons of great things for it, but got rid of it when it gave me basically nothing but OBC which makes it not worth having.

It is NOT true that you can only use it for OBC. You can redeem 50,000 points for a $500 credit against your outstanding balance on a sailing. We use it like this as well as for OBC redemption usage.

If you are trying to redeem 125,000 points for a free cruise, you will NOT be able to use it on pricing from a BOBOHO or any other sale being run nor with any C&A discounts.

I have the Celebrity card and use it for everything including a $3,000+ insurance payment. Plan to use points for OBC to dine in Specialty Restaurants and maybe drink package on RCCL cruises I have booked. I don't know if I was given incorrect information or not but was told by card folks that I can cash in for US dollars. When I had ML Signature card I would always just cash in for travel cash to spend. Don't really know if it is deal or not but if it allows me to skip MDR it will be a deal for me.