Fridge size in staterooms

meandmycruise

Hiya,

Can anyone please tell me the rough size of the inside of a stateroom fridge? Emerald Princess in particular but I guess they're all the same.

How many bottles or cans of what size can you fit in at a time? What would be the largest size of water bottle that would fit for example.

Also, do they have a minibar, and if you don't want it, can you ask the steward to remove it?

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

Hiya,

Can anyone please tell me the rough size of the inside of a stateroom fridge? Emerald Princess in particular but I guess they're all the same.

How many bottles or cans of what size can you fit in at a time? What would be the largest size of water bottle that would fit for example.

Also, do they have a minibar, and if you don't want it, can you ask the steward to remove it?

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

The refrigerator is small. I guess it holds about a dozen cans plus the ice bucket.

I think the only ones getting a mini-bar setup are passengers in suites and those Elite in the Captains Circle. For them there is no charge for the initial setup

Yes, you can tell your steward you do not want the mini bar stocked and ask for the contents to be removed. Sometimes the steward removes the mini bottles, etc. completely, sometimes they are up high on a shelf in your cabin. Either way they are out of the small frig and you will not get charged for anything.

As above, mini-bar set up only for suite and elite guests. Yes, it can be removed. Elite can trade it for coffee cards or swap the contents for other items (don't wan't the liquor, can get water or soda instead)

Fridge--very small. Maybe 6 cans of soda or bottles of water if you have the ice bucket in there. I could get the ice bucket + 2 20 ounce glasses of tea.

Yes, you can tell your steward you do not want the mini bar stocked and ask for the contents to be removed. Sometimes the steward removes the mini bottles, etc. completely, sometimes they are up high on a shelf in your cabin. Either way they are out of the small frig and you will not get charged for anything.
Room Service is responsible for the items on your mini fridge, not your steward. You will only have one 1.5 liter bottle of water and a few cans of soft drink in the mini fridge. Before we were Elite with a complementary mini-bar we just put the few items on a shelf and put them back at the end of the cruise. Your steward may place your ice bucket in the mini fridge but if you need the space tell them not to do that. The 1.5 liter water bottles and wine bottles will fit and cans can be two rows high. You can probably get almost of two 6 packs of cans in the mini fridge. Edited by IECalCruiser

Hiya,

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

Internally about a ten inch cube. (If that)

I don't think that I could put two cans of drink standing on top of each other.

In other words tiny.

Internally about a ten inch cube. (If that)

I don't think that I could put two cans of drink standing on top of each other.

In other words tiny.

We were on the Pacific in December and we were easily able to double stack cans of soda.

As already noted the room steward will put your ice bucket in the refrigerator which is excruciatingly tiny. We are able to get 6 wine bottles in ours after removing the expensive contents for the duration of the trip. The room steward leaves the ice bucket on the top of course. We take the high priced contents out immediately and put it usually on the shelf with the TV telling the room steward where we put it. As the days wear on eventually the ice bucket and our wine will fit in the tiny tiny refrigerator. At least it does keep the wine cold for the bottles that will fit!

We do put the high priced contents back in the refrigerator the last morning of the cruise.

Edited by satxdiver

Last year, our TA had a plate of canapes sent to our cabin the day we boarded. We had already eaten lunch and planned on going to the Platinum/Elite/Suite evening cocktail time. So we wanted to keep the canapes until the next day...

The plate would not fit in the tiny fridge, even if you moved everything out of it! The plate had the plastic 'domed' cover on it, which was the only thing keeping the canapes on the plate and it does not fit tightly, so no tilting the plate on edge to keep them refrigerated. So the went to waste.

Did inform TA that this year, maybe do something different.

But we have been able to jam 3-4 bottles of wine in the thing!!

Last year, our TA had a plate of canapes sent to our cabin the day we boarded. We had already eaten lunch and planned on going to the Platinum/Elite/Suite evening cocktail time. So we wanted to keep the canapes until the next day...

The plate would not fit in the tiny fridge, even if you moved everything out of it! The plate had the plastic 'domed' cover on it, which was the only thing keeping the canapes on the plate and it does not fit tightly, so no tilting the plate on edge to keep them refrigerated. So the went to waste.

This is why I bring a couple of zip lock containers. I get the kind with a screw on lid. Works for those chocolate covered strawberries too.

Edited by cactusrose

Please note that when the door is closed, it goes a couple of inches into the fridge, so what looks like plenty of room inside actually has a little less room than it appears.

Thanks for the photo (Keith too). It does look tiny!

Tracy

This is why I bring a couple of zip lock containers. I get the kind with a screw on lid. Works for those chocolate covered strawberries too.

That makes me think of another kinda related question...

Say I've been on shore for the day and come back on board mid-afternoon knackered. Is it good/bad etiquette to grap a couple of things from the International Cafe on the way past to take back to my room and pop in a container in the fridge. Have a nap and then nibble when I'm ready? Or is it expected that things are eaten at the cafe? Is it okay to 'takeaway' I guess is what I'm asking.

Tracy

Is it good/bad etiquette to grap a couple of things from the International Cafe on the way past to take back to my room and pop in a container in the fridge. Have a nap and then nibble when I'm ready? Or is it expected that things are eaten at the cafe? Is it okay to 'takeaway' I guess is what I'm asking.

Tracy

Takeaway is okay:)

Also ok from buffet.

Have seen people take food from dining room, but when I wanted to do that they insisted on delivering it.

That makes me think of another kinda related question...

Say I've been on shore for the day and come back on board mid-afternoon knackered. Is it good/bad etiquette to grap a couple of things from the International Cafe on the way past to take back to my room and pop in a container in the fridge. Have a nap and then nibble when I'm ready? Or is it expected that things are eaten at the cafe? Is it okay to 'takeaway' I guess is what I'm asking.

Tracy

Sure is. From anywhere on the ship including the main dining room although that is sometimes frowned upon. But I've been known to bring a cheese plate or dessert or both from the MDR or Horizon Court without any problem. Same with a cup of tea or coffee or cookies or wine or whatever. You definitely wont be the only one wondering around the ship carrying food or drink.

But.........you can order lots of yummy things from room service which is a complimentary service. Tea, coffee, cookies, salad, a hamburger. Make sure you look up the menus in the little blue folder in your room.

Re the fridge - first thing we do is take out the ice bucket and tell the steward not to bother filling it. The fridge will hold a couple of bottles of white wine, and about 6 cans of soft drink or 4 bottles of beer.

Edited by wishfulone

My TA does the same, and I really appreciate it. Sometimes it's the chocolate covered strawberries, sometimes canapes, sometime crudite, sometimes all of the above during the course of a sailing. I finally got smart and keep at least one plate from room service or the buffet in my cabin. I loved it when they had the oval platters because they held so much more. I should probably put a few heavy duty paper plates in my suitcase!

I do think that the refrigerator on the Royal class is slightly larger, and colder, than the Grand class. I always leave the ice bucket in the fridge because I use a lot of ice.

All of life's problems should be so difficult. :p

Maureen