Center Stairs on Royal

Nrknits

No probably not because there are many new cruisers to Princess who wouldn't know the difference. I had friends who's first cruise was on the Royal and they loved it. They mostly ate in the buffet and they never mentioned a thing about the small balcony or lack of midship stairs. I didn't make any comments before they sailed because I wanted to see what the first time cruiser had to say. I can say the same about my self in terms of Celebrity. There are so many on that board who complain about the changes. It doesn't matter to me because I don't miss what I never had.

Yes I suppose anyone who's never sailed on an older ship might not be offended my the miniscule balcony size or the lack of drink tables in the show lounge or the promenade deck. We found out the hard way after our first cruise. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
The lack of outside cabins I'm sure has affected many people from choosing Princess. Not so much the elevator/stairs problem.

I suppose the loss of some business doesn't bother them so much.

Since they replaced the ocean view cabins with an equal number of balcony cabins that they can sell for more, I think they are happy with the trade off.

Since they replaced the ocean view cabins with an equal number of balcony cabins that they can sell for more, I think they are happy with the trade off.
The balcony cabins are obstructed view balcony cabins and are priced less than standard balcony cabins. On many but obviously not all cruises those cabins are priced close to the price of oceanview cabins on other ships and you get the benefit of fresh air and a small balcony with a partially obstructed view.

The stairs are definitely there and just need to be finished which I understand will cost a lot of money.

7cdc351ae1364535f5321e508a7c1dda.jpg

No need to pay to upgrade these. Instead princess should charge for a visit to a "Special Crew Area"

Visit our Special Crew center staircase. Interact with crew members in their native environment. Will you meet the Captain? The Chief Engineer?

Who knows what you may encounter in this special area.

Only 25.00 per person for the length of your cruise.

:P

No need to pay to upgrade these. Instead princess should charge for a visit to a "Special Crew Area"

Visit our Special Crew center staircase. Interact with crew members in their native environment. Will you meet the Captain? The Chief Engineer?

Who knows what you may encounter in this special area.

Only 25.00 per person for the length of your cruise.

:P

The "Not So Ultimate Ship Tour".

When someone has a brainstorm that we can save a bit of money here or there the old adage always applies. There is always sufficient time and money to do the job properly the second time!

Yes, that's true. Too bad Mickey had a brain fart when he decided to save a few bucks and not finish off the stairway for passenger use. We have been on 6 voyages on the Royal class ships and the lack of this stairway was never an issue with us. We always booked aft near the stairway there and it was convenient for us. If we wanted to use the forward stairs it was less than a couple of minutes away and the walk was beneficial. If the stairway is important, then book a cabin close by. If you are mid-ship and need only to go a deck or two in either direction use the lift or hoof it.

Yes, that's true. Too bad Mickey had a brain fart when he decided to save a few bucks and not finish off the stairway for passenger use. We have been on 6 voyages on the Royal class ships and the lack of this stairway was never an issue with us. We always booked aft near the stairway there and it was convenient for us. If we wanted to use the forward stairs it was less than a couple of minutes away and the walk was beneficial. If the stairway is important, then book a cabin close by. If you are mid-ship and need only to go a deck or two in either direction use the lift or hoof it.

I don't mind walking but if your cabin is right in the area of the central elevators it's aggravating not to have stairs when going to dinner or straight up to the buffet or pool. At least their correcting the problem.

OK, the ship should be out of dry dock. Any word on what changed?

John...this was posted on the Live from the current cruise:

Good morning from the beautiful Royal Princess. Since everyone seems interested, the center stairs are supposedly in place but the word is they won't be open for 3 days. Will update later.

OK, the ship should be out of dry dock. Any word on what changed?

Center stairs not yet completed but should be by Ft Lauderdale

New way aft stairs from 17 to 16

Some new carpet painting etc not too much visible changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk