Printed television guide?

namowal

Always had one in our cabin. Just ask the steward for one or escalate it to the hotel manager. Who wants to keep clicking the remote control ?.;)

Tried that on our last cruise and didn't work:( .Asked cabin steward and he told us they didn't do them anymore, then went to Passenger Services and was told they would send one to our cabin but that never happened and finally spoke to hotel manager who said they were discontinued:rolleyes:

Edited by Happy2cruise
posted before reading other replies....sorry!

Have no idea what others are talking about.. We have had one as long as I can remember. It is not all inclusive, not listing the news/sports channels but it lists movies and the other channels that are prerecorded like Love Boat, etc.

This is all Princess provides now. Just a channel lineup:

26586120985_b652c7b4db_z.jpg

There is also a scrolling onscreen TV guide:

5453564123_0c4e6a18c6_z.jpg

They used to have a full printed TV guide showing exact times for all their movies and TV shows, but as others have said, it's been discontinued:

5635350149_841926918c_z.jpg

Hi All

Biggest issue is you can not plan a head, never seen so many movies from the middle or end first then the beginning,

movies shown on muts are shown on cabin tv but not listed on the tv guide

yours shogun

Basically the TV on Princess is a joke for entertainment value. On the Star they did not even have the Ship's channel with tha navigation channel working. When asked the CD said it had been out for over 6 months and rhey were not worried about it.

Who wants to sit and watch a scroll g list of TV channels in the hopes of finding something to watch, have to remember the time and channel. Then if you forget or want to see it again you have to wait until it all cycles through again.

Useless

Just off the Island. A printed list of tv stations would be very very helpful. How to find news? I like the "Love Boat" reruns - but - scrolling through the entire list of channels each time - using a very slow remote/tuner is very annoying. Great cruise, but just a list of tv stations like most hotels provide would have been helpful.

Someone has said that the guide was stopped a few years ago - I'm not sure that is strictly correct. We were on the Golden 18 months ago around South America and had a printed booklet. I must say though that while our cruise was 31 days it was actually a 15 day and 16 day cruise and we didn't get the guide until we were 4 or 5 days into each of the cruises. It is interesting to hear the comments that they have now stopped printing the guide altogether.:)

Well the reason can't be to conserve paper. We put tons of paper everyday in the waste basket from all the daily advertising they do on board.

My guess is that rather than having us in our cabin watching TV, they would rather we be out and about spending money.

Just off the Island. A printed list of tv stations would be very very helpful. How to find news? I like the "Love Boat" reruns - but - scrolling through the entire list of channels each time - using a very slow remote/tuner is very annoying. Great cruise, but just a list of tv stations like most hotels provide would have been helpful.

That's too bad...we were on the Island last summer and they still had the guides. I would much rather have the paper guide than scrolling through a listing on the TV.

Why don't they put the content on their awesome onboard smartphone app? Oh, that's right, they don't have one :rolleyes:.

They could at least put it on their Princess intranet - that wouldn't mean additional printing costs :D.

My guess is that rather than having us in our cabin watching TV, they would rather we be out and about spending money.

I think you're right. After all, look at how many patter "events" are aimed to sell something. :D

....I always put a comment about this in the survey...but it doesn't seem to matter.

Even if they had it scrolling on t.v., if it would show the current time and what is on, it would be helpful! The scrolling thing just lists the times movies are going to be on...not helpful. I don't watch a lot of t.v., but if DH has turned in for the evening and I just want to watch something for a bit....it would be nice to be able to figure out what is on NOW! Doesn't seem that hard....really?

:eek:

I was on the Royal in January and never seen a tv guid. :eek:

Tony

The Royal and Regal do not need program listings as the interactive TV easily guides you to what you might want to watch.

And since movies and TV shows (other than live shows such as news) can be started from the beginning whenever you want (and paused and resumed whenever you want), you do not need starting times and days listed.

This list is usually in the book on the desk which also has room service menus, and other information about the ship.

It is not a separate card which is out near the TV.

Suites get a guide. But we just put it on 21 and watch "Love Boat" over and over and over

Hahahaha. That is what we do. It Is nearly to impossible to actually PLAN to see anything. There is no on-screen guide. I watch the 24 hour movies in bits and pieces in every order imaginable. Catch some news on occasion. But mostly we just forget about TV when we are on a cruise. We ARE wondering if the Olympics will be on during our August cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD