Bayonne exit 14a construction

Finabear

Oy!

The toll lanes are numbered across, so they're going to be closing some of the lanes that are more to the left. You can still take Ave E to get to the port and avoid all the construction on 440 at Pulaski with that turn-around.

Going back to the turnpike to leave Bayonne, the Avenue E approach becomes two lanes a couple of blocks before the toll plaza. One of those lanes will disappear, meaning it'll be a little more congested getting back up onto the turnpike.

I'm leaving for my own cruise on Sunday so I won't be on for the next week, but I'll try to answer what I can and take more pictures of the turnpike interchange when I return.

Hi baileymouse,

I hope you had a wonderful cruise on the Enchantment !!! :)

Anything new with the 14A exit that you know of?

Hi baileymouse,

I hope you had a wonderful cruise on the Enchantment !!! :)

Anything new with the 14A exit that you know of?

Hi there!

The cruise was wonderful, my daughter is now officially hooked on cruising. :)

We were given new info on the Bayonne Talks board on FB. I'm copying the pictures here:

14141701_10210540379210274_3655076131772095476_n.jpg?oh=c50ccfcdd97e4ea4a976111bd9d1f730&oe=5846DCD1

14067991_10210540379250275_8496845593615620827_o.jpg

We haven't been given any new info for this upcoming holiday weekend, but considering they're saying it's going to be 10 weeks, I guess the above applies. Sigh.

Save

Hi there!

The cruise was wonderful, my daughter is now officially hooked on cruising. :)

We were given new info on the Bayonne Talks board on FB. I'm copying the pictures here:

We haven't been given any new info for this upcoming holiday weekend, but considering they're saying it's going to be 10 weeks, I guess the above applies. Sigh.

Save

Thanks for the info.

If I were to drive to cape Liberty how much is it to park while i cruise for 9 days? How far from the ship is the parking as I am not a good walker? Lastly is there a shuttle to take you from the parking to the ship. Any info is appreciated. Thank you

Parking is $20/day. Parking garage is next to the cruise terminal and has elevators. It's a short walk and there is no shuttle. Are you traveling by yourself? Your can drop your luggage with a porter and just continue on to park so you don't have to tote luggage the short distance back to the terminal.

If I were to drive to cape Liberty how much is it to park while i cruise for 9 days? How far from the ship is the parking as I am not a good walker? Lastly is there a shuttle to take you from the parking to the ship. Any info is appreciated. Thank you

Parking is 20 a day, so 180 for 9 days, and the garage is right near the ship. It's not far at all so you don't need a shuttle.

Oy!

The toll lanes are numbered across, so they're going to be closing some of the lanes that are more to the left. You can still take Ave E to get to the port and avoid all the construction on 440 at Pulaski with that turn-around.

Going back to the turnpike to leave Bayonne, the Avenue E approach becomes two lanes a couple of blocks before the toll plaza. One of those lanes will disappear, meaning it'll be a little more congested getting back up onto the turnpike.

I'm leaving for my own cruise on Sunday so I won't be on for the next week, but I'll try to answer what I can and take more pictures of the turnpike interchange when I return.

I just want to thank you for all your help with directions and pictures of the toll plazas. We just sailed Anthem to Bermuda, yes, the one with Hermine, and all your directions were spot on. I even pulled up the pictures of the toll booths for my DH since he was arguing with me, telling me google maps said to do one thing and I was telling him you had different advice.:D

We had never sailed from that port before and are very visual people so seeing what we were going to encounter helped immensely.

Thanks again.

So glad it worked out for you. Trust me, it's even confusing for those of us who live here. We have to put up with changes all the time.

I hope the weather didn't put you off cruising. What a freak occurrence. I know hurricanes are common this time of year but that storm didn't follow any of the computer models.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I am heading to board the Anthem this Saturday. Driving in from PA. I would assume (hopefully) that there are signs clearly marking how to get to the port once you get off at 14A?

NJ turnpike to exit 14A. After toll, you can take either 440 south then follow signs or take Ave. E to 45th street, make a left, go over Lt rail, right on Chosin Way, then another left at the huge Cape Liberty sign. Either way, you should see plenty of signs directing you to "Cape Liberty" or "cruise port"

See you Saturday!

The Bayonne bridge closes very often sometimes without notice. Better to take alternate routes. My DH and I no longer use the bridge when we sail out of NJ. We live on LI and take the route through Manhattan or other ways. We use an app on our phones that identifies the best route to take in real time. We use waze and have found it great.

I urge all coming from CT, LI , NY city or upstate NY NEVER to consider the Bayonne bridge.

Edited by Cruise a holic

The Bayonne bridge closes very often sometimes without notice. Better to take alternate routes. My DH and I no longer use the bridge when we sail out of NJ. We live on LI and take the route through Manhattan or other ways. We use an app on our phones that identifies the best route to take in real time. We use waze and have found it great.

I urge all coming from CT, LI , NY city or upstate NY NEVER to consider the Bayonne bridge.

BE advised: the Bayonne Bridge is NOT the Turnpike bridge. If you are coming in from CT, PA (via 78 or 80), or Upstate NY, you would be going out of your way if you are using the Bayonne bridge (More tolls too!)

Edited by philpcruiser

• 1 month later...
Do you need to pre-reserve for port parking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is plenty of parking. The garage holds 900 cars and there is plenty of open lot parking as well. When the Summit is not sailing from Cape Liberty (mid Oct to the end of April, there should be no issues getting a garage space.

No reservations.

Edited by 138east

Hello -

We are planning on driving to the Bayonne port on 20 November. Are there any updates on this construction - and recommendations on the preferred route to the port?

Thanks.

Where are you driving from? The only problem is the potential fir Bayonne Bridge closings, which really only affects folks coming from Long Island via Staten Island.