Senior Citizens Activities

RoeC

My family will be sailing on the Oasis on August 13th. My MIL will be traveling with us. Does anyone know if they have activities for senior citizens?

Well there is a card room. I have seen a very mean game of Gin break out in the Solarium. There are talks about the ship, ports, shopping, movies, cooking classes, spa, napkin folding, etc.

I would look at a recent Cruise Compass for details about your specific itinerary. These can be found in the Roll Call Area and throughout the RCCL forum.

How old is your MIL? I'll be 70 in a couple of months (how did that happen?) and enjoy trivia, relaxing in the solarium with a good book, walking laps, attending talks and demos and the like.

Post like this get my hair, what is left of it LOL, UP I'm 75 and think, behave and act like a much much younger man. I know many people age differently, but If your MIL is truly a SENIOR citizens, they will enjoy a trip where they do not have to make the bed or cook, and do many thing that they already do at home., like read, watch a movie, and just RELAX, with a lot more "activities" like the evening shows and, yes belly, flop contest.

She can do ANY of the activities that she's able to do! Aside from the flowrider or rock climbing, as long as she can get to the area where the activites take place, she'll be good!

According to my age, I'm a "senior", but you'd never know it!

Exactly what would qualify as a senior activity? Maybe rocking in a rocking chair or pinching the cheeks of any babies she can find? I'm joking of course. I think you will find that a good percentage of people on your cruise will be seniors. As others here have said, your MIL can participate in any onboard activity that she feels comfortable with. Have a great time!

Just saw this on another thread!

Well my hubby and I would be interested in all of the above. We are a family of 5. My hubby Barry 55, Me Roe I will 47 tomorrow, my son Frankie 16, my son Joey 14 and my MIL Lucille 70. This will be our 2nd time on the Oasis, and we are looking forward to it.

So, actually her husband is a "senior", too, by AARP standards, and her MIL had Barry when she was 15! You go, Lucille! She'll do fine on the cruise! Just get out of her way! You worry about Barry!

(All tongue-in-cheek, you know;))

- Miriam

I am 71 & am planning to zip line on my cruise on the Oasis in September. I will give the rock wall & flowrider a pass & the ice skating (I don't want to fall & break something). Everything else is open season. We have reservations for all the shows & there are the game shows plus all the talks. There is so much to do besides people watch, I know we won't have time for everything. I read one persons Cruise Compass & it showed a Flash Dance class. We thought that might be interesting. The pool (on Oasis) also has water aerobics at 9:00 am everyday.

As you can tell, I don't go on a cruise to relax. I am more active than at home.

Ok I guess I should have been more specific lol. She is in great shape just turned 80 and will do about anything. I was just trying to see if there was anything geared towards her age group so she could meet someone else her own age. Not for romance but for friendship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And Miriam I made a mistake on my original post, she is 80, and this post was not about her ability it was more for finding like aged people to talk to. Sorry to have offended you all. Geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums