Change to Liberty of the Seas' departure/arrival times at Galveston

My travel agent forwarded this note from Royal Caribbean to me regarding the times that Liberty of the Seas will depart from and return to Galveston.

Please be advised the itineraries for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 Summer/Winter Western Caribbean seasons on the Liberty of the Seas have had permanent arrival and departure time changes.

The arrival time has been changed from 7:00 AM to 6:30 AM into Galveston, Texas. The departure time has been changed from 4:30 PM to 4:00 PM from Galveston, Texas.

Edited by Daghis

My travel agent forwarded this note from Royal Caribbean to me regarding the times that Liberty of the Seas will depart from and return to Galveston.

We are on the same cruise and got the same e-mail. On the same day as final payment no less.

So when is this supposed to begin? We might be able to make the 11:30 flight from Hobby if arrival is moved up to 6:30 AM.

From the email I got it looks like it started June 26th. Our sailings on Liberty are not until May and June next year but I got the email today.

Edited by staggr

I received email today stating:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you regarding a change to sailings of the Liberty of the Seas. The itineraries for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 Western Caribbean sailings on the Liberty of the Seas have had permanent arrival and departure time changes.

The departure time from Galveston, Texas has been changed from 4:30 PM to 4:00 PM. Please remember to arrive at the port 90 minutes prior the ship’s departure. The arrival time into Galveston, Texas has been changed from 7:00 AM to 6:30 AM.

The sailings affected are shown below for your convenience:

See attachment for dates.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Liberty of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

download.jpg.5fda4ad9433f14b36f16da5290d2efab.jpg

Edited by aussievc

The calendar is interesting, but if I'm not mistaken, it covers every sailing between 6/26/16 and 4/29/18. It's kind of strange to present it in that fashion when the answer appears to be "all sailings from [now] to the end of the schedule".

I'm on Sept 18 and got the email. I do not use a TA. A friend traveling on the same cruise uses a TA and she did not get the notification.

Another reason I like handling my own bookings!! :D

Edited by chermilo