Balcony Dinner with Inside Cabin

58Piano

If you don't have a balcony for the balcony dinner, it will be inside your cabin. QUOTE]

I think I would skip the "balcony" dinner inside the cabin. I would think the smell of the foods would linger in the room. Might think about that before you order it. Whatever you do decide to do, It will be special.

A friend surprised us with the balcony breakfast when we were in an outside cabin, not a balcony one. I think it would be crowded to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner in an inside or outside cabin, but possible if you want to. The funny thing was that our friend was told that we would have breakfast on a balcony. She envisioned us being led somewhere on the ship where there was a spare balcony. Apparently the rep didn't think that some people don't have balcony cabins.

Has anyone been able to do a balcony dinner when they have an inside cabin? Could they do the dinner in another location?

Based on this statement from Princess, the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is not available in an inside cabin: "Enjoy an intimate, romantic dining experience with breathtaking views and a special meal served by your own dedicated waitstaff on your stateroom balcony".

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/ultimatebalconydining.html#.V4mbrZBHarU

Once we had our UBD inside of our balcony cabin due to inclement weather which I would never consider in an inside cabin because there isn't even enough room for the small round table included in an inside cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have done the balcony breakfast in an inside room.

The UBB does not set up a table to provide the meal & only stacks up plates of food to serve yourself.

The UBD is served at a table by tuxedoed waiters in courses & is much different than the breakfast.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Room service. ;)

That's it. ;) Better room service food with a half bottle of champagne for $45 and based on this description by Princess it's not intended for an inside cabin but as we know experiences can vary.

Deluxe balcony breakfast for two

Enjoy a four-course gourmet breakfast and a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine – plus breathtaking views – from the comfort of your balcony.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's it. ;) Better room service food with a half bottle of champagne for $45 and based on this description by Princess it's not intended for an inside cabin but as we know experiences can vary.

Enjoy a four-course gourmet breakfast and a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine – plus breathtaking views – from the comfort of your balcony.

Too much fish in the morning for me. :(

If you don't have a balcony for the balcony dinner, it will be inside your cabin. If you don't want to eat in the cabin, don't do the "balcony dinner"...go somewhere else to eat!

Obviously you've never experienced the balcony dinner. :rolleyes:

It's not about just eating, it's a very lovely, special, and romantic experience. Unfortunately we can't all cruise in balcony cabins all the time. The ambience just wouldn't be there in an inside cabin, even if there was enough space. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd offer the balcony dinner in the Sanctuary, which is rarely used at night. They could have a few tables, well separated, spread around the edges of the Sanctuary.

I am going to hit the like button on this one :)

Tony

Wonder where the other half a bottle of champagne goes.

Hi

For OP

If you have an inside or ocean view and want to do Balcony Dinner, ask to

speak to HGM, if a special occasion they can often do something to help out,

either open up a cabin under maintenance, or use a table outside Sabatinis,

yours Shogun