Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Actually up until very recently (2 months ?) under their FAQ's there was verbiage that stated that upon turning 21 guests could go to guest services and have their account adjusted to reflect the change on age and they would be allowed to drink. There have been several reports of people being allowed to start drinking partway through the cruise after turning 21.

With the recent changes to Royal's search feature and FAQ's I can no longer find this however it simply states that guests must be 21 to drink (North America) and makes no reference to the age on day of departure being the age for the entire cruise.

This goes to Royal Caribbean's consistently inconsistent method of doing things.

Growing up in Michigan the state drinking age was 18 (eons ago when I turned 18). Many..many years ago ;)

it went to 21.

In 1980's Ohio, drinking age was 19 for beer & 21 for harder stuff.

Voters rejected a change to 21 for everything somewhere around '83 or '84. Shortly thereafter, they were forced to increase it or lose federal money for roads.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Forums mobile app

Really folks, are you that caught up in your diamond status that you think having kids in the DL is a sin? Come on, its a cruise, get over yourselves.

Not everyone said that at all. All think that if children are now allowed, that the parents should teach and over see their actions. That is what a parent is. The Diamond lounge is not a place to practice cartwheels or touch all the food.

Why is it so hard for Royal to have at least ONE very small lounge dedicated to

adults only?.

Every Royal ship already has a lounge with bar that is adults only. No status required for entry, just have to be over a certain age

Not everyone said that at all. All think that if children are now allowed, that the parents should teach and over see their actions. That is what a parent is. The Diamond lounge is not a place to practice cartwheels or touch all the food.

Lots of food touching on MJ this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lots of food touching on MJ this weekend.

Did people sit around grumbling and giving stink eye being passive aggressive, or did they address the issue? Was the offending party a child? If so, parents were present. Were they made aware? Was staff made aware? If so, what was their response? MJ does not have a DL and has a nightly Diamond Event, something not adaquately addressed in the FAQ. The only other ship without a DL is Empress which does not even have a nightly event, just vouchers.

Staff removed the trays identified. Parents were told, but did not seem concerned.

Staff failed to address properly since they represent company and we're aware of situation. Can't control poor parenting but staff should be holding to a standard of acceptable behavior.

Last time I was on MJ small plates were brought around and offered to the tables. That would eliminate the food touching issue

Staff failed to address properly since they represent company and we're aware of situation. Can't control poor parenting but staff should be holding to a standard of acceptable behavior.

Last time I was on MJ small plates were brought around and offered to the tables. That would eliminate the food touching issue

Not sure why you think staff failed to properly address. Obviously a learning experience.

Not sure why you think staff failed to properly address. Obviously a learning experience.

If staff didn't make it clear to parents of child that behavior must change or they would have to leave, they failed to properly address. Removing the food is one part of it, and a big part, but doesn't address the cause for concern. If the staff did do that, kudos to them and I read into your statement something not said.

On a Freedom of the Seas cruise last year in the Suite Concierge lounge, there were 2 young children misbehaving (very loud talking, picking up food and then putting it back on the plate, and running around the room). The Concierge spoke to the parents about the behavior, but the parents did nothing to correct the problem. After the second warning to the parents to keep their children under control (and still no behavior correction), the Conceirge called security to have the parents and children removed from the Concierge lounge. We never saw then again in the Concierge lounge for the rest of the cruise. Sure wish other Diamond and Suite Concierge would do the same thing when similar behavior occurs.

On a Freedom of the Seas cruise last year in the Suite Concierge lounge, there were 2 young children misbehaving (very loud talking, picking up food and then putting it back on the plate, and running around the room). The Concierge spoke to the parents about the behavior, but the parents did nothing to correct the problem. After the second warning to the parents to keep their children under control (and still no behavior correction), the Conceirge called security to have the parents and children removed from the Concierge lounge. We never saw then again in the Concierge lounge for the rest of the cruise. Sure wish other Diamond and Suite Concierge would do the same thing when similar behavior occurs.

I agree with that what chance the kids being behaved when the parents aren't.

Well done consierge.

Fortunately we have never experienced this.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app