Children in the Diamond Lounge?

I don't mind well behaved children, seen but not heard, but I've never ever seen a child add to the atmosphere. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, I've talked to a few and found them interesting. Maybe that is because we are both on the same intellectual level. Nonetheless, everybody (that is breathing) is adding to the atmosphere.

Well, I've talked to a few and found them interesting. Maybe that is because we are both on the same intellectual level. Nonetheless, everybody (that is breathing) is adding to the atmosphere.

We'll just have to disagree.

Imagine that. [emoji6]

I thought people who share a stateroom where one person is diamond and the other is not, the other person would be allowed into the DL, but not get any of the other diamond benefits. Is that not the case? I know Celebrity has this policy.

Both my wife and I are Pinnacles, and the Diamond concierge on the Adventure (Jan 2017) refused to let our daughter into the Diamond room, even though she was in our stateroom. She was 2 cruise points from reaching the Diamond level before the start of this cruise.

I'm diamond and my daughter who is my cabin mate is not allowed in the DL. She is 31. I think it is a wee bit unfair that diamond parents can bring their brood of children to the DL but I cannot bring my one adult child who is my companion for the week. Thus I do not go to the DL. I know, different topic.
We follow the rules posted by the concierge. My son is d and soon to be d+ by his own right. Did not inherit his status (unless you count that my wife and i paid for the cruises). I do not see why it would be a problem for him to join us in the lounge. He knows what is proper behavior and does not play around or act obnoxious.

I do see where members are having problems with children misbehaving. I have had to inform servers when i saw a child take a bite of something and put it back in the serving dish.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Both my wife and I are Pinnacles, and the Diamond concierge on the Adventure (Jan 2017) refused to let our daughter into the Diamond room, even though she was in our stateroom. She was 2 cruise points from reaching the Diamond level before the start of this cruise.
Dont mean to be harsh. The concierge was following the rules and your daughter was not diamond at the time. So she was not allowed access. She can join you in the d lounge on your next cruise together. We boarded a cruise at 74 points and did not expect access to d lounge until we made diamond. Which would have been after the completion of that cruise.

We follow the rules posted by the concierge. My son is d and soon to be d+ by his own right. Did not inherit his status (unless you count that my wife and i paid for the cruises). I do not see why it would be a problem for him to join us in the lounge. He knows what is proper behavior and does not play around or act obnoxious.

I do see where members are having problems with children misbehaving. I have had to inform servers when i saw a child take a bite of something and put it back in the serving dish.

Your son would be welcome.

The people who bring kids in who are running around are a danger to everyone and give all kids a wary welcome IMO.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I'm just curios, did the concierge check IDs when you walked in the door. When my family goes into the lounge, I unlock the door with my seapass and my wife and daughter, who are both Diamond, walk in with me. We've all been diamond for 3 cruises and never had anyone ask. Is each individual member suppose to enter the lounge one at a time and close the door behind them?

Wouldn't the cartwheels somewhat compensate for the lack of an aerial show?

LOL!! :p:p

Same reason they got rid of the aerial shows...too many accidents. Of course the parents would most likely immediately

sue RCI if their child hurt themselves doing those cartwheels. :o

Well said John. :)

If they are breathing, they add to the atmosphere. Apparently all of you seem to have forgotten that someone who is breathing is also exhaling and thus definitely adding to the atmosphere.

If they are breathing, they add to the atmosphere. Apparently all of you seem to have forgotten that someone who is breathing is also exhaling and thus definitely adding to the atmosphere.

Especially when they eat too much garlic. :o;p

I'm just curios, did the concierge check IDs when you walked in the door. When my family goes into the lounge, I unlock the door with my seapass and my wife and daughter, who are both Diamond, walk in with me. We've all been diamond for 3 cruises and never had anyone ask. Is each individual member suppose to enter the lounge one at a time and close the door behind them?

On my last two cruises, Serenade and Navigator, on an evening the door was not closed. The entire old Viking Lounge was the diamond lounge. A staff member was checking each ID as you entered - a few steps from the elevator bank - sign saying private party/diamond lounge.

With the locked door I have found the concierge usually circulates and greets people. They have a lists of members on board, and probably a good recall of names, as they introduce themselves, might question, in an appropriate way, who a person was.

Dont mean to be harsh. The concierge was following the rules and your daughter was not diamond at the time. So she was not allowed access. She can join you in the d lounge on your next cruise together. We boarded a cruise at 74 points and did not expect access to d lounge until we made diamond. Which would have been after the completion of that cruise.

I agree that the Diamond Conceirge was following the rules for my adult daughter. I did not expect her to change the rules. My point is that they allow young children in the Diamond lounge, and in several occasions they were unruly and very loud. I never saw a concierge ask the parents to keep their kids under control or leave the lounge.

Not really adding to the atmosphere, just changing it. [emoji12]

And that is kind of what I was referring to. [emoji6]