Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Dont mean to be harsh. The concierge was following the rules and your daughter was not diamond at the time. So she was not allowed access. She can join you in the d lounge on your next cruise together. We boarded a cruise at 74 points and did not expect access to d lounge until we made diamond. Which would have been after the completion of that cruise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Actually even with Diamond status this is a discretionary matter for the ship. The child is below the age RCI permits alcoholic beverages and must be supervised in what is essentially a bar area. I have been on a ship where a child had Diamond status and was permitted but that was considered exceptional. He was an only (as I have been) and therefore closely supervised and more "adult" for his age. A real treat to have with the group. But that said, it was made very clear by the staff that his attendance was an exception. The parents could not leave him unsupervised and so could not themselves participate in the Diamond lounge if he did not attend. I grew up with a European perspective and do not consider his attendance inappropriate but it is important for those who might have expectations to understand that it is up to the individual ship and circumstance.

Actually even with Diamond status this is a discretionary matter for the ship. The child is below the age RCI permits alcoholic beverages and must be supervised in what is essentially a bar area. I have been on a ship where a child had Diamond status and was permitted but that was considered exceptional. He was an only (as I have been) and therefore closely supervised and more "adult" for his age. A real treat to have with the group. But that said, it was made very clear by the staff that his attendance was an exception. The parents could not leave him unsupervised and so could not themselves participate in the Diamond lounge if he did not attend. I grew up with a European perspective and do not consider his attendance inappropriate but it is important for those who might have expectations to understand that it is up to the individual ship and circumstance.

When? This thread is 13 months old and cites a change in policy.

Parent gets away with it in one area and then expects it in every venue.

The rules being referred to here are just statements appearing in promotional material. They serve to encourage a small minority of people to take their first cruise after which most of these people discover that they enjoy cruising despite the [dress-code / kids / non-alcoholic drinks / chair hogs] rules not being enforced.

I will respect that if the concierge says no children are allowed. I have actually seen pics from cruisers of policies from different ships and some say no children during cocktail hour. We are actually lucky that he has been welcomed in every d lounge he has sailed. Explorer, allure and grandeur were open to children. Will see in 2 months what will be the situation on oasis.

I will respect that if the concierge says no children are allowed. I have actually seen pics from cruisers of policies from different ships and some say no children during cocktail hour. We are actually lucky that he has been welcomed in every d lounge he has sailed. Explorer, allure and grandeur were open to children. Will see in 2 months what will be the situation on oasis.

On Freedom in June in the DL a man was in with his looked like 14 year old daughter.

She was practicing what looked like some cheerleading moves.

DL concierge stopped in her seat unconcerned.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I agree that the Diamond Conceirge was following the rules for my adult daughter. I did not expect her to change the rules. My point is that they allow young children in the Diamond lounge, and in several occasions they were unruly and very loud. I never saw a concierge ask the parents to keep their kids under control or leave the lounge.

Mostly because of the same reason many crew members hesitate to enforce the stated rules...they are afraid to be

written up. Not fair of the offending pax to do so when they are the ones in the wrong...but that is what happens unfortunately.

Between your generosity, drink vouchers and drinks in the DL I won't need to purchase the BP. ;):cocktail::cocktail:

I never do either...urrble...too much comped drinks as it is!! :p

Don't forget the freebies from your profile (if you choose adult libations) waiting for you in your cabin on check in. ;)

Mostly because of the same reason many crew members hesitate to enforce the stated rules...they are afraid to be

written up. Not fair of the offending pax to do so when they are the ones in the wrong...but that is what happens unfortunately.

You are correct. The inconsistency in Diamond and Suite Concierges is amazing.

Legal drinking age is 18 in Uk as opposed to 21 in US so our views are different.

Was that intended for me?

I was asking the person I quoted when they were onboard since apparently this policy change was noticed 13 months ago. Nothing about drinking age

Was that intended for me?

I was asking the person I quoted when they were onboard since apparently this policy change was noticed 13 months ago. Nothing about drinking age

ccotting mentioned the age RCI deem suitable for drinking which i believe is 21 in the US but talking about rules the legal age for drinking alcohol in the UK is 18 so a possible age confrontation.

Direct from Royals Terms and Conditions, under 21 welcome with parent or guardian. Guess no formal wear Allowed either, since smart casual is the request, lol.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/#7

Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space.