patio area of Windjammer on all ships?

We were on the Serenade a few weeks ago, first cruise with RCCL. We really enjoyed the outdoor patio area of the Windjammer (at meal times and other times too). Do all RCCL ships have this outdoor area outside Windjammer? The next two ships I'm looking at for the future are the Radiance or the Liberty, but I'm almost to the point where no Windjammer patio would be a deal breaker for me. :D

We were on the Serenade a few weeks ago, first cruise with RCCL. We really enjoyed the outdoor patio area of the Windjammer (at meal times and other times too). Do all RCCL ships have this outdoor area outside Windjammer? The next two ships I'm looking at for the future are the Radiance or the Liberty, but I'm almost to the point where no Windjammer patio would be a deal breaker for me. :D

Only Radiance class ships have the outdoor Windjammer seating.

The next two ships I'm looking at for the future are the Radiance or the Liberty, but I'm almost to the point where no Windjammer patio would be a deal breaker for me. :D

Given those two ship choices, you'll have to stay with Radiance. All four sister ships in Radiance class have the outdoor aft seating area, our favorite as well. Most other ships in the fleet do not have the outdoor seating area; someone who knows Quantum class can comment on that one.

We love that area also. Unfortunately they will sometimes close that area for various

reasons. Mostly weather (things blowing off the table in high winds) but for some

reason on our last Serenade cruise they did not open that area for breakfast until

after 8 am or later. Was not happy about that, and not sure why they kept the doors

closed until that late.

We are looking forward to using that area next week on Radiance. :) Though funny

thing happened the last time we did Radiance Alaska. We were having breakfast

as we were docked in Vancouver, when we saw a seagull fly in and grab a muffin

off a lady's plate when she was not looking. :eek: Opportunistic birds, watch

your plate there! :D

Edited by island lady

I thought Quantum class did too. I was looking forward to sitting out there on our upcoming Anthem cruise.

I keep forgetting about Quantum class, thanks.:o

I think of them as Celebrity ships.

I keep forgetting about Quantum class, thanks.:o

I think of them as Celebrity ships.

You're welcome.:) We are hoping that since we are sailing from Bayonne in September that it will be a little to cool out there for breakfast for most people and it will be a quiet spot for breakfast. I am sure that won't be the case once we dock in Bermuda, but a few mornings would be good.

You're welcome.:) We are hoping that since we are sailing from Bayonne in September that it will be a little to cool out there for breakfast for most people and it will be a quiet spot for breakfast. I am sure that won't be the case once we dock in Bermuda, but a few mornings would be good.

You give the area far too much credit for cooling off. Living in NYC I can assure you that more times than not our hot weather continues into September and sometimes even October. :D

I thought Quantum class did too. I was looking forward to sitting out there on our upcoming Anthem cruise.

On a side note, Quantum of the Seas episode airs on Might Ships this Sunday! I believe the show is produced by Discovery Canada, so Canadians have seen it already, but I'm looking forward to seeing the episode.

You give the area far too much credit for cooling off. Living in NYC I can assure you that more times than not our hot weather continues into September and sometimes even October. :D

I am from New England, I know that it can still be hot in September, but on a sea day from a northern port, it is still cool in the morning compared to sailing in the Caribbean. On our Pacific Coastal cruise and our New England/Canada cruises, it was too cool and windy for many cruisers in the early morning. We will see how it goes.

There is no outdoor eating area on most RCCL ships? As a Celebrity Equinox and Reflection customer, I would never have guessed that a cruise ship would not have that, considering ships spend most of their time in warm-climate areas.

There is no outdoor eating area on most RCCL ships? As a Celebrity Equinox and Reflection customer, I would never have guessed that a cruise ship would not have that, considering ships spend most of their time in warm-climate areas.

There are only outdoor areas of the Windjammer buffet on the Radiance class ships and on the Quantum class ships. Other ships have outdoor eating areas, but they are not part of the Windjammer buffet. Oasis class has tables outside the Wipeout Cafe and Park Cafe. Some of the specialty restaurants on Oasis class also have outdoor areas.

I'm glad I asked! I'll focus on Radiance or Quantum-class ships in the future.

@island lady, yes, we saw the greedy seagulls stealing things off people's plates. We had to wave off a couple of them.

The Windjammer patio was closed on our last night on the ship, which we were disappointed to find. I'm assuming they were giving it a good cleaning prior to arriving in port the next morning for the next round of cruisers (it was open for breakfast on disembarkation morning, at least).

I remember a ship that had a covered area just outside the WJ. Not really outside in the sun, but more outdoorsy feeling than the WJ. More eating tables and comfy chairs compared to the poolside type furniture. It was accessible from the WJ through a sliding glass door. What ship is that?

I remember a ship that had a covered area just outside the WJ. Not really outside in the sun, but more outdoorsy feeling than the WJ. More eating tables and comfy chairs compared to the poolside type furniture. It was accessible from the WJ through a sliding glass door. What ship is that?

I don't know if that area is still there, but I've seen that on Voyager class ships in the past.

Edited by clarea

Radiance has that layout between pool and WJ I believe

Radiance has that layout between pool and WJ I believe

Yes, exactly right. Radiance-class has that little "extra" area which provides a coffee station and pastries before the WJ opens for full breakfast. I've seen people sleeping for hours on those couches. :p

Yes, exactly right. Radiance-class has that little "extra" area which provides a coffee station and pastries before the WJ opens for full breakfast. I've seen people sleeping for hours on those couches. :p

I think I got stuck in one. :eek:

I'm glad I asked! I'll focus on Radiance or Quantum-class ships in the future.

@island lady, yes, we saw the greedy seagulls stealing things off people's plates. We had to wave off a couple of them.

The Windjammer patio was closed on our last night on the ship, which we were disappointed to find. I'm assuming they were giving it a good cleaning prior to arriving in port the next morning for the next round of cruisers (it was open for breakfast on disembarkation morning, at least).

We never noticed it being closed at all on our last Radiance Alaska cruise, and hopefully

will be the same again. Was quite disappointed that sister Serenade was closed so often

however. :(

It is nice to sit out there during breakfast in port. :) Seagull plate watch set up for

Vancouver! ;) :p

Any outside area on rhapsody? I really enjoyed it on radiance.

No, not like on Radiance class ships. There may be some tables on the pool deck just aft of Windjammer, but it's not an open area like on Radiance class.

Edited by clarea

The open area on Radiance class is wonderful - at night it can be very romantic - if you are into that sort of thing. Our last cruise in February on Jewel this area was closed off the first night. The second night the same, so I asked one of the officers if there was a problem. She answered no - they just weren't staffed for it, but we were welcome to go back there if we liked. So we did. The doors will open manually and close automatically. We found a few other people back there. We did bus our own table afterwards. One night we did find they were cleaning, so we passed that night. But all the other nights we enjoyed the sea, night sky and pretty much solitude.