dress code: all white

The white party is after dinner.

The white party is after dinner but the Compass will list white clothing as a suggestion for dinner. It is casual and strictly a suggestion, I have seen very few people dressed in white for dinner.

Sherri:)

The white party is after dinner but the Compass will list white clothing as a suggestion for dinner. It is casual and strictly a suggestion, I have seen very few people dressed in white for dinner.

Sherri:)

This. Probably largely because unless you've been on a RCCL cruise before (or I guess go with someone who has) or are on here and happen to see a post about it, no one knows that there is a "White Party" until they are on the ship and get that particular Compass.

Don't stress about it.

When dress for dinner is all white, is it casual or formal?

If it's casual, are khaki's allowed with a white top?

Any information will be great. I will be going on Liberty.

It will not be formal and you don't have to follow it.

I learned about it from these boards and brought a white dress, and was surprised to see so many people show up to dinner wearing white. I felt like just as many people wore white to dinner as wore formal wear to formal nights; certainly not everyone, but enough to be noticeable that it was done on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does every sailing have one?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Definitely on a Voyager class ship or larger on a 4 night cruise or longer in the Caribbean. Can't speak to Vision or Radiance class. But would guess the same on a 4 night or longer. Royal tends to repeat itself. :)

On our Med cruise a few years ago, the White Night was the same day as our call to Santorini. We got talking to a shop vendor who said when he realized this, he put out a couple racks of white dresses and they were GONE in minutes! Nice evening, and nice memories too I bet. :)

The first time I ever heard of a white party was on our Vision UK cruise. So I just assumed it had something to do with Russian/Scandanavian cruises, since the primary drink they were serving was white russians.

On our 2013 Legend Panama canal cruise we had one night in MDR where the suggested attire listed in the Cruise Compass was "white/casual". We had heard about it ahead of time and had brought clothing for the occasion.

I just had to be doubly diligent not to spill anything on me during the meal. :eek: :D

This. Probably largely because unless you've been on a RCCL cruise before (or I guess go with someone who has) or are on here and happen to see a post about it, no one knows that there is a "White Party" until they are on the ship and get that particular Compass.

Don't stress about it.

Sidenote, but I wanted to find out how your cruise was! :D

I've never worn white for the entire evening ... I just change into a white tank top for the after dinner festivities.