Celebrity App for iPhone

Olive1950

Is anybody else having difficulty with this app?

For example, mine does not show my 2 upcoming cruises that I'm about to make final payment on. It also doesn't display my Capt Club point balance.

When I try to update anything, it thro0ws me out of the app altogether.

I have uninstalled the app; and re-installed it, but it has not resolved my problems.

Evidently Celebrity doesn't excel at apps either....

• 11 months later...

I read a post here on CC by someone who spoke with a Celebrity IT rep; that rep indicated the app was essentially 'dead' and they would not be putting any time or effort into revamping and updating. The rationale was that their new website has all the capabilities and features they'd put into an app and therefore they're wanting to drive people to the site, rather than an app.

Again, that was information I'd read elsewhere and can't verify if any of it is fact, so take it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the Android app, didn't work for me either. These days, I think it might be better to improve the app as well as keep the website up to date. Not everybody has access to a computer nowadays, and have more access to their phones.

Agreed. These days, if it isn't an app on the phone, it's often out of mind. They are behind the times if they don't invest in a great app. Even MSC's app is better! Ideally, Celebrity's app would be accessible free on the ships' wifi and allow messaging in board to other shipmates using the app. I know, it will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums