NOROVIRUS - CRUISE LINE "GUILTY" - compo to pax

Yeh, you're right, they do indeed. I'd forgotten about those.

We're just back from our Alaskan cruise on X Solostice and they have the cloth towels and also auto doors to the washrooms but they are slow to react. No Noro on board. We didn't notice anyone using knuckles or elbows to operate the elevators.

Yeah me too.

I thought it was a nice touch.

Virtually no where gives you hand towels any more.

Last place I went that still does it was The Newcastle Club and the Australian Club. I suspect their equivalents in other cities may too.

Last place I went that still does it was The Newcastle Club and the Australian Club. I suspect their equivalents in other cities may too.

I think it adds a touch of class, remarkably, I was surprised that Cunard didn't have them.:D

Some restaurants and hotels do.

Some restaurants and hotels do.

Haven't seen it in a Restaurant for a while.

Normally if I'm at a hotel it's as a guest so use the bathroom in my room.

Some resorts around here do too.

We offer cloth towels for our guests when they visit. Sometimes we do use paper serviettes though.:p

O.M.Goodness,my guests get linen napkins,Exquiste cutlery,with silver candelabras,on a $25,000 dining table.

But then we freakin rich hey.LOL;)

Not observing their cabin hygiene habits, but no doubt observing their hygiene habits at the public conveniences.

Where you'd expect people to be a bit more respectful and do the right thing, rather than behind closed doors where nobody sees them.

Having said that you are aware that those hand dryers in public bathrooms are extremely unhygienic? Basically those machines suck up all the urine and excrement vapour and dissipate it in a nice warm patch all over your hands. Not to mention opening the door when you leave with your hand negates the purpose of washing them to start with.

Bit of a furphy there. Any "vapours" are negligible, and in existence that you're breathing in throughout the bathroom anyway. So by definition can't be any less hygienic than the rest of the environment. And for that matter those same "vapours" will linger over those paper towels... :D

O.M.Goodness,my guests get linen napkins,Exquiste cutlery,with silver candelabras,on a $25,000 dining table.

But then we freakin rich hey.LOL;)

Mine get

Paper hand towels

Peter napkins and

Paper plates

And they eat off their laps, or not at all.

But then I'm a tightwad.

We offer cloth towels for our guests when they visit. Sometimes we do use paper serviettes though.:p

What is wrong with using sheets of ye olde 'Canberra Times,' Uncle Mic? LOL.

Good loo paper and hand dry paper, quality material from Canberra, the Nation's Capital.

No yucky vapours from Canberra tabloids.

BTW we don't have those modern, new fangled electronic hand dryers in the Club/Restaurant Loos down here, paper towels only, we are still awaiting colour TV and mobile phones to come into the town, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Mine get

Paper hand towels

Peter napkins and

Paper plates

And they eat off their laps, or not at all.

But then I'm a tightwad.

With their fingers of course Mr Gut, don't waste money buying those quality plastic knives, forks and spoons from K Mart.

Edited by NSWP

I hope it was the outer doors and not the cubilcles.:eek:

Yes, on Code Red, noro about, toilet doors are left open on Princess, sometimes ladies have the experience of seeing men standing at the urinals, because of the 'open door policy. It could be pleasant or unpleasant for those ladies.

Yes, on Code Red, noro about, toilet doors are left open on Princess, sometimes ladies have the experience of seeing men standing at the urinals, because of the 'open door policy. It could be pleasant or unpleasant for those ladies.

I don't think the urinals have been in direct view of the door on any ships we have been on. :) The hand basins might be.

What is wrong with using sheets of ye olde 'Canberra Times,' Uncle Mic? LOL.

Good loo paper and hand dry paper, quality material from Canberra, the Nation's Capital.

No yucky vapours from Canberra tabloids.

BTW we don't have those modern, new fangled electronic hand dryers in the Club/Restaurant Loos down here, paper towels only, we are still awaiting colour TV and mobile phones to come into the town, LOL.

Don't expect it too soon, not while they are continuing to build all these retirement units up here.;)

It may put some of them off their food as well.:eek:

They may well pass on the franks and beans.

Edited by MicCanberra

It may put some of them off their food as well.:eek:

They may well pass on the franks and beans.

Oh dear this thread is becoming crook, who started it? I feel crook reading it, had sausages and beans for brekkie, albeit Heinz 57 Variety in the prescribed can. made in NZ.

Oh dear this thread is becoming crook, who started it? I feel crook reading it, had sausages and beans for brekkie, albeit Heinz 57 Variety in the prescribed can. made in NZ.

Love good old beans. Prefer bacon to the sausage though.

But then you are rasher than a SNAG.:p

Certainly never been accused of being a SNAG, it has been said that I can act a bit rash at times.

The family just say I'm a nutter, always thought it was because I was good at nutting out problems, maybe it's because I like Cashews, perhaps I should start a poll and see what CCers think.;):p