“Live” – Alaska – Radiance of the Seas August 19, 2016 – Indecision Cruise

Thanks. Great pictures! This is weather at the Glacier we are dreaming of.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was completely surprised how nice it was. That is not what the weather report said. But I am not complaining.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Hi Bill, thanks for the review it is fantastic.

We are from Australia and are planning a trip to the US in 2018 with plans to do the alaska cruise on Radiance. Also planning to do the southbound trip and am wondering what airline you use to fly from Seattle to Anchorage?

thanks Aleisha

Since we decided this will be our one and only Alaska cruise we decided not to skimp on excursions and booked for each port including Seward.

28193728294_8cc2b22965_b.jpg

Hi Bill

We are doing the same itinerary next year but a week later as we are doing a cruisetour with RCI (land component first). We plan to spend a week or so in Seattle before heading to Fairbanks.

Looking forward to the rest of your review (good so far) especially the shore excursions.

Verona

We are from Australia and are planning a trip to the US in 2018 with plans to do the alaska cruise on Radiance. Also planning to do the southbound trip and am wondering what airline you use to fly from Seattle to Anchorage?

thanks Aleisha

Hi Aleisha

Do it next year with us!

Oops ...... the land tour is sold out though (already).

Would be good it Greg could get the military discount like the Americans do.

Verona

Awesome pictures!! We are planning a Land/Sea package but with Princess in 2018, but many of the same ports so will be reading all about it. This will be our "one and only" as well as I am not a cold weather person. Living in WI, when I vacation, I typically want the beach, but this is my DH's bucket list trip and we have postponed it 3 times already so I promised him we would finally go.

Have a great trip and thanks for the review.

Hi Aleisha

Do it next year with us!

Oops ...... the land tour is sold out though (already).

Would be good it Greg could get the military discount like the Americans do.

Verona

Verona

I would love to but I can't have any leave next year due to a major project ..... Yes the military discount the Americans get is awesome.

Aleisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verona

I would love to but I can't have any leave next year due to a major project ..... Yes the military discount the Americans get is awesome.

Aleisha

Aleisha

That is a shame but at least you have a few days on the Ovation in Feb. You may have to squeeze in another short cruise down south (Vic or SA and Tas) or South Pacific.

Verona

thanks Aleisha

We used Alaska Airlines. We use them for most of our flights in the US as they have many flights out of Seattle.

Loving your pictures. Considering the Radiance for next summer (2017); can you confirm that the open patio area is still there behind the Windjammer? We cruised on the Serenade this summer and I absolutely loved the patio area aft.

We cruised Alaska in June 2011 on Princess, round trip from Seattle, so we've been to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria BC, and Glacier Bay National Park. But that wouldn't stop me from going back! :D

Loving your pictures. Considering the Radiance for next summer (2017); can you confirm that the open patio area is still there behind the Windjammer? We cruised on the Serenade this summer and I absolutely loved the patio area aft.

We cruised Alaska in June 2011 on Princess, round trip from Seattle, so we've been to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria BC, and Glacier Bay National Park. But that wouldn't stop me from going back! :D

Not Bill.....but can definitely confirm that aft outdoor seating is still available on the Radiance. We love that area too! :)

We had a beautiful warm/hot day in Juneau. We headed out on the of the boat from Marv and Harv in search of whales and other wildlife.

28521260624_a4c023ae08_b.jpg

29110025166_72b651a42c_b.jpg

When we arrived at the dock this eagle was just sitting there. But shortly it flew down to the water where it found a meal.

28524278983_740e417a58_b.jpg

28524265673_bf0a2b3879_b.jpg

29142892175_a2e373ce4e_b.jpg

29142868575_6233f1fd94_b.jpg

Inside shot of our boat. Nice having just 6 on board, everyone got a good view of the action.

28520852114_6e8f6e0fe6_b.jpg

Couple of shots of the Mendenhall Glacier

28520846774_4cfbd62fea_b.jpg

28855184770_37d4108fdb_b.jpg

As you saw earlier we stopped at Tracy's Crab Shack for some delicious crab legs.

29109554186_e3b77b6240_b.jpg

29109562126_081b2141aa_b.jpg

28520783524_01a0716dfc_b.jpg