Changes in online check-in.

I was able to finally do our online check-in for our Nov 19, 2016 sailing on the HOS, and am beyond excited. However, there were a few different things this time. First is the choosing of an arrival time, ( I got 10:30-11:00) !!!!!:) but there was a place to upload a picture. I have no pictures of myself that meet the requirements. I just skipped that part and continued the check-in. When I had answered all the other questions, it shows that my check-in was complete, although I do not have a photo attached. My question is whether or not this is mandatory and if it will delay our check-in once we are at the port if I do not download one.

Thanks for advise/help.

Edited by The sea calls my name

^ and that brings an issue - the procedure for Allure and Harmony will be different - it will be kinda weird for the port personnel to walk around with tablets one day but retreat to their counters on other days.

Would it be that difficult for Allure to adopt the new check in procedures since they already have the equipment?

Would it be that difficult for Allure to adopt the new check in procedures since they already have the equipment?

It wouldn't work since on Allure they have to give you the SeaPass card at checkin and it would not be practical for the folks walking around to get them. For Allure, they will likely have to use the counters.

Not mandatory - 30 sec delay at check in while they take your pic.

BTW, don't be freaked out when they don't hand you a SeaPass card at check in.

please elaborate

Ok, you relieved my worries on one account but opened another ????? box. If you do not get your SeaPass card at check in where/when do you get it and how do they know to let you on the ship? Now I am totally confused. Can you elaborate please? Thanks

please elaborate

Ok, you relieved my worries on one account but opened another ????? box. If you do not get your SeaPass card at check in where/when do you get it and how do they know to let you on the ship? Now I am totally confused. Can you elaborate please? Thanks

On Quantum class and Harmony you use your SetSail pass until you go to your cabin. On the outside of your cabin door you'll find your SeaPass cards in an envelope.

please elaborate

When we boarded the Quantum the cards were in our stateroom, but can't quite remember how we opened the stateroom door! My dh thinks that there was something coded onto our chek in sheets that allowed us to open the doors but i'm not sure. Someone else?

When we boarded the Quantum the cards were in our stateroom, but can't quite remember how we opened the stateroom door! My dh thinks that there was something coded onto our chek in sheets that allowed us to open the doors but i'm not sure. Someone else?

Your WOW band was in your room (free back in the days when Quantum was in NY) but your Seapass card was outside in an envelope.

Edited by Biker19

It wouldn't work since on Allure they have to give you the SeaPass card at checkin and it would not be practical for the folks walking around to get them. For Allure, they will likely have to use the counters.

What's stopping them from leaving one Seapass card outside your room and the other in your room on the Allure?

What's stopping them from leaving one Seapass card outside your room and the other in your room on the Allure?

The Setsail pass has more info on Harmony that is currently missing at checkin on ships like Allure - IT would have to make a change to allow you to board with just the Setsail pass like you can on Harmony. Some changes would also be needed shipboard to allow folks to use the Setsail pass to charge stuff before they get their SeaPass cards.

The Setsail pass has more info on Harmony that is currently missing at checkin on ships like Allure - IT would have to make a change to allow you to board with just the Setsail pass like you can on Harmony. Some changes would also be needed shipboard to allow folks to use the Setsail pass to charge stuff before they get their SeaPass cards.

Ok, so its a few programming changes that they already have set up and working on other ships. Doesn't sound like it would be that difficult to roll out to Allure.

As you pointed out the biggest stumbling block could be the ability of the current POS systems to charge customers for purchases direct from their Setsail pass.

Your WOW band was in your room (free back in the days when Quantum was in NY) but your Seapass card was outside in an envelope.

Are the Seapasses on Quantum Class and Harmony prox cards now or do you still have to insert them into the lock?

This new system on HOTS...not too excited about it as it's been described above.....will see for myself in March.

Also if you go to the terminal with out a SetSail pass pre-printed out at home....how does that work ?

Edited by Ashland

Are the Seapasses on Quantum Class and Harmony prox cards now or do you still have to insert them into the lock?

There's no slot on the cabin door lock on Harmony (and Quantum class) - the Seapass card is contactless (prox).

Also if you go to the terminal with out a SetSail pass pre-printed out at home....how does that work ?

You'll probably have to go to one of the counters (they do still use those as well) and get it printed - the folks walking around with tablets don't have print ability.

Edited by Biker19

They are the prox cards but all they have to do at terminal 18 for Harmony is the same thing they do for Allure, pass the sea pass cards out in the terminal. Just because you can check in with people standing around with tablets, it doesn't mean they have to do it that way. If terminal 18 is not set up to deal with passengers that way, they should do it the way that already works very well.

If terminal 18 is not set up to deal with passengers that way, they should do it the way that already works very well.

There must be something we don't know/understand with the way cards are handled on Harmony why RCI decided to do it that way. I'm not sure that just because the current Allure system works is enough to over-ride the way RCI envisioned card handling for Harmony. And it's not an issue just for customers, but the port agents as well.

Edited by Biker19

So for HOTS...can you still just go up to the counter and do it the old fashioned way checkin and get your SeaPass card or not :confused:

I believe you can still go to the counter, but the SeaPass cards are at the stateroom.

I believe you can still go to the counter, but the SeaPass cards are at the stateroom.

Unless RCI decides it's too different from current practice and switches back to handing out Seapass cards at checkin. I assume they have this issue in the Med now - (Harmony checkin via tablets while other ships at the same port use a counter) so I assume they have it figured out with the port agents as well as customers.

So for HOTS...can you still just go up to the counter and do it the old fashioned way checkin and get your SeaPass card or not :confused:

Well, you can still do that for the Anthem at Cape Liberty, so I am guessing that the answer is "yes".

:)

Since I opened this Pandora's box, I have another one to open. How/where/when can you print off your luggage tags. When we sailed on the Allure in 2014 they were in the email we received that had all of our information. Now, since I have printed my setsail pass will I still receive an email before sailing with the printable luggage tags. I really am confused. AS my DH said last night , " I don't like change".

Again, thanks for all the dialog and help.

So if your sea pass is "on the door" what would keep someone from taking one from a door that was not the person it is supose to be for and use it ? not sure I like this idea guess maybe I dont know enough about how it works yet