msc divina 10th sept! someone answer my questions please!! :-)

leono1

hi ive read thread after thread and having to many late nights since i booked my cruise last week! can someone help me with these quick 3 questions!

1. drinks package (here we go again!) - if i buy the drinks package now, MORE-FOR-LESS CLASSIC ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS for £203 is that cheaper than onboard? does this package include the cocktails e.g purple rain blue hawaiian, the traveler, painkiller e.t.c off the cocktails menu?? also does anyone know what the make of gin is they use for this package? (as its not the bombay sapphire thats in the ultimate package)

2. last year on royal carribean i could leave the night club and go down the prom and get sandwiches and pizza anytime of night, same sort of thing on the divina? (ive seen a timetable but snacks says they finish 1/2am?)

3. Philipsburg San Juan Nassau any good threads\reviews of these places, when i get there i just want a little look around and then sit on a nice beach (close to port?)

It looks like you'd be better to prepay the drinks package. The current price onboard is $45 pppd PLUS 15% service charge.

I can't answer re the cocktails. MSC bar menus on Divina differ from Med cruises which I would be more familiar with. There are asterisks on the drinks to indicate they're only available on the premium drinks package but on the Divina repositioning cruise to Miami they didn't have them so I'm not sure if it's the same as sailings from Miami or whether they apply upper price limits.

Can't answer as to drinks packages.

I believe the buffet closes at 2am (0200) for late night snacks.

Have you visited the Ports of Call boards for Caribbean and Bahamas? Lots of good info there. EM

there is no food, except room service, served between 0200 and 06:00. that is MSC policy food served 20/24 hr

Pete

It looks like you'd be better to prepay the drinks package. The current price onboard is $45 pppd PLUS 15% service charge.

I can't answer re the cocktails. MSC bar menus on Divina differ from Med cruises which I would be more familiar with. There are asterisks on the drinks to indicate they're only available on the premium drinks package but on the Divina repositioning cruise to Miami they didn't have them so I'm not sure if it's the same as sailings from Miami or whether they apply upper price limits.

cheers for the info on the asterisks on the menus, if i go off the pictures of the menus on this website

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/msc-cruises-divina-drink-lists/

then most of the drinks i want are included in the drinks package im planning to buy. i wondered what the red asterisks ment thank you!! :):):D:D

Drink package cheaper if prepaid before boarding.

Phillipsburg: Take water taxi from port to town, nice beach right there where you get off along the boardwalk. Believe it is $7 round trip and you can take as many round trips as you like.

Nassau: get off boat, hang a right and beach is only a few hundred meters down (beach has restaurants, bars etc.)

San Juan: No beach within walking distance from port. Sorry!

hi ive read thread after thread and having to many late nights since i booked my cruise last week! can someone help me with these quick 3 questions!

1. drinks package (here we go again!) - if i buy the drinks package now, MORE-FOR-LESS CLASSIC ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS for £203 is that cheaper than onboard? does this package include the cocktails e.g purple rain blue hawaiian, the traveler, painkiller e.t.c off the cocktails menu?? also does anyone know what the make of gin is they use for this package? (as its not the bombay sapphire thats in the ultimate package)

2. last year on royal carribean i could leave the night club and go down the prom and get sandwiches and pizza anytime of night, same sort of thing on the divina? (ive seen a timetable but snacks says they finish 1/2am?)

3. Philipsburg San Juan Nassau any good threads\reviews of these places, when i get there i just want a little look around and then sit on a nice beach (close to port?)

Is 2am not late enough for eating???

cheers for the info on the asterisks on the menus, if i go off the pictures of the menus on this website

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/msc-cruises-divina-drink-lists/

then most of the drinks i want are included in the drinks package im planning to buy. i wondered what the red asterisks ment thank you!! :):):D:D

It is a very comprehensive range and great value. It's even better value on cruises where the Euro is the onboard currency @ £20 pp! When you think of what's included: bottled water, wine, draught beer, spirits, cocktails, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and gelato, you'll well get your money's worth. ;)

I reviewed the Divina in detail in several posts on my blog from our July cruise! :) Here is one post but there are several more! Please check it out! Also, if you put Nassau and San Juan in the search box you can pull up my reviews of those ports! :)

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/msc-divina-review-all-about-ship.html

Edited by Cruisermom2nick