Online check in credit card change - Advice?

spfar

After completing our on-line check in, we had a credit card breach and need to use a different card. I went in under "edit" and attempted to change it. It allowed me to change husband's, but not mine. After several tries, I called the customer service number and descended into CS hell. "Gary" who answered the phone did not speak English well, and every question I asked was followed by a long silence which I'm thinking might have been running my question through a translator. He never really seemed to understand what I was asking, and kept insisting that there was no problem. I asked him if he could wipe out the current information and let me start over, or if he could verify the last four digits of the number for me, and the answer to both questions was "no, mam". I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and got no response. I asked if he was still there and got no response. Eventually I hung up in frustration.

I know we can do this on board, but I'd rather spend the time dealing with it beforehand. I'm about to call again. Does anyone have any ideas for getting a knowledgeable CS rep? I didn't realize they had an overseas call center, but this appears to be the case. Any help would be appreciated.

You can do it at check in. I know its not really ahead of time, but its also not onboard. They will ask you for the card you want to use at check in anyway and it doesn't matter which you put in at online check in.

^That. Give them the card you want to use, blink, and... done! Just that easy.

You can do it at check in. I know its not really ahead of time, but its also not onboard. They will ask you for the card you want to use at check in anyway and it doesn't matter which you put in at online check in.

Not necessarily. We were on Liberty in June. They did not need to swipe the card I had specified in online checkin, I even asked. The agent said it was a new system.

I had the same thing happen. My number was stolen online, and got a new card....again

:(.

Simply presented the new card at check in (they only ask for last four numbers

when you do your set sail pass info anyway). Never even mentioned the new

card. Easy Peasy...onto the ship. :)

My SO changed his credit card at the time of check in on the first sailing of the Empress on May 28. We made it through five days of limited food, drink, a/c, and flushable toilets, stood in line for an hour to get off the ship, and then were forced to get in the Guest Services line before we could leave. We were told there was an accounting error with his credit card but it had been fixed. Found out later it had been fixed by putting his charges on MY credit card. Here's hoping that was an Empress issue and not due to changing the card at check in.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I also wanted to change my credit card info on line( realizing that we should be using a different card that gives us our air miles ) after having completed the check in. Called the RCL IT line and was told you can't change the information. Just wait till you get to the pier. Seems that you can only change the information if you had originally booked the cruise on line too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. We were on Liberty in June. They did not need to swipe the card I had specified in online checkin, I even asked. The agent said it was a new system.

This is true, they do not need to swipe now, they just ask if you want to use the card on file and the last four digits. But it is super easy to switch it at that point...certainly easier than dealing with the lines at guest services or the folks at RCL IT!! :eek: