Just returned from Eclipse

And what a wonderful experience! I have not cruised with X for several years and after reading all the "WBM" on this forum, I was beginning to regret my decision to book the Baltic cruise. However, I was not disappointed in any aspect of the cruise! It certainly is not the same experience from the 90s on the Century class and even the Horizon but it was still a class act. From the moment I stepped on board until the final departure, the staff was superb, food excellent, and Shipboard life relaxing. The ship was beautiful!

Bravo Zulu to you Celebrity and to the staff on board Eclipse.

And what a wonderful experience! I have not cruised with X for several years and after reading all the "WBM" on this forum, I was beginning to regret my decision to book the Baltic cruise. However, I was not disappointed in any aspect of the cruise! It certainly is not the same experience from the 90s on the Century class and even the Horizon but it was still a class act. From the moment I stepped on board until the final departure, the staff was superb, food excellent, and Shipboard life relaxing. The ship was beautiful!

We did a 14 night Caribbean Cruise on the Eclipse April 2016 and like you felt everything was great including all the different entertainment.

Edited by davekathy

Glad you loved it.

Welcome Home old friend!

We too took off from Celebrity after our Horizon sailing Dec 2000 :eek: till the Reflection in Nov 2013 and like you were concerned. But oh my these S-Class ships are wonderful, and for us, the staff has not missed a beat.

Our 3rd 10 day + on the Equinox is booked for next yr, and it will be hard to be land locked till then.

EW

I love to read unbiased positive feedback. I often get tired of reading all the "WBM" over insignificant things.

I think the name of website empowers members to be "Critical" while at the same time many cruisers never take the tie to express what a wonderful experience they had. Would love reading more positive reviews and don't mind at all if people put in their disappointments on a problem area.

Glad you were satisfied with your cruise!

My DH and I also love the Eclipse. Especially the two week cruise in the winter to the Caribbean. The ports are excellent, and everything about the ship wonderful. Even the guests were great!

My only WBM is that we truly love the Lawn Grill and Porch on the Silly and Reflection. We have seen the corning glass show multiple times and it gets tired after two or three times. Sitting on hard wooden backless benches in the heat for a couple of hours isn't great for those with bad backs and those over 50 crowd. So we adjust and no longer go. Looking forward to our upcoming cruises including one on the Eclipse.

We are hoping to book our first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse next Sept for the Western Med 14nights from Southampton.

I am waiting for a good deal and trying to decide between ocean view and balcony cabins.

Any recommendations on cabins or decks would be really appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Seabea, we too were on that cruise on 14th August to Scandinavia & Russia.

It was our first cruise and we went with my sister and her hubby. It was a brilliant holiday, couldn't have asked for more. Food was great, all staff were very friendly including Captain Leo "The voice fom above" and the officers. They were very visible throughout the cruise. The Ship was spotless, good choice of food in the various restaurants. Embarkation and disembarkation was very quick, we arrived at 10.30 ish, our boarding time was 12. We were onboard by 11.15ish. First port of call was Cafe al Bracio, I think we were the first ones there! The cappuccinos were absolutely marvellous!

We ate in the MDR at lunchtime that first day and had dinner there nearly every night after that. We were on Deck 10, cabin 1283 which had a balcony, it was Concierge Class, the only reason we booked that class, was because when looking at deck 6, the cabins had a partial obstruction and didn't want to chance it as hubby was a bit hesitant about going on a cruise and said he would only go if we booked a balcony, well that night it was booked.

Looking at perhaps a Mediterranean cruise next, my sister and I are definitely hooked. Hubby not so, he found the sea days boring, but that is only him, if we didn't have so many he would have been ok, so the Mediterranean is more port intensive.

It's a great idea to sign up for the Roll Call and meet up, which we did and had pre booked taxis etc and saved some money in port by sharing the taxis. We met a lot of lovely people on the cruise and intend to keep in touch with them.

Mary

• 4 weeks later...

I can't comment on that class, we were conceirge on our cruise in August. But this time booked the balcony option. Price difference didn't justify it and because we booked much earlier this time, had a better choice of cabins with no obstruction, we're on deck 9, in August we were deck 10. I suppose it depends if you think the extra money is worth the extra perks.

Good luck choosing.

We are hoping to book our first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse next Sept for the Western Med 14nights from Southampton.

I am waiting for a good deal and trying to decide between ocean view and balcony cabins.

Any recommendations on cabins or decks would be really appreciated

This cruise remains one of those that does not tend to have bargains on. Many UK cruisers book year on year...Children back in school, the Med still nice and warm and dry but the heat not as intense as August...

Re cabins...if you go to Cruise Critic deck plans and have a look at where things are this will give you a starting point of where you might want to be....All of us do have different priorities, mid ships more stable than forward or aft but aft views are fantastic, near to elevators is convenient but can be noisy.....

I have to be honest and say I do love a balcony, something so nice about drinking coffee first thing...

Once you have some ideas look for for specific room reviews..

This cruise remains one of those that does not tend to have bargains on. Many UK cruisers book year on year...Children back in school, the Med still nice and warm and dry but the heat not as intense as August...

Re cabins...if you go to Cruise Critic deck plans and have a look at where things are this will give you a starting point of where you might want to be....All of us do have different priorities, mid ships more stable than forward or aft but aft views are fantastic, near to elevators is convenient but can be noisy.....

I have to be honest and say I do love a balcony, something so nice about drinking coffee first thing...

Once you have some ideas look for for specific room reviews..

Last year we got a great bargain on this cruise. It had been hovering around £4200 - £5300 for a 2C balcony (with drinks package) for most of the year. Then, just after Easter it dropped to a £2000 for a few days for a guaranteed balcony (no drinks). This year I didn't see those prices - in fact it seems that the Eclipse prices held their own - whilst some of the cruises doing the Eastern Med featuring Turkey, Greece and Israel were much lower.

The one thing to factor in on the Eclipse's Med cruise is that the first and last 2 days are sea days, in early autumn crossing the bay of Biscay. First year 3 out of 4 days fantastic warm weather, last day foggy. Last year 3 out of 4 days cool. This year we heard from someone on the Med Cruise that the Bay of Biscay was very bad on the return journey and lots of people were poorly. This year we did the Canaries cruise and again had the 2 sea days back to the UK - both cool but sunny. As much as we love the cruises we've had on the Eclipse, these last two sea days heading North into the cooler weather always feel a bit anti climatic.

Edited by DYKWIA

The one thing to factor in on the Eclipse's Med cruise is that the first and last 2 days are sea days, in early autumn crossing the bay of Biscay. First year 3 out of 4 days fantastic warm weather, last day foggy. Last year 3 out of 4 days cool. This year we heard from someone on the Med Cruise that the Bay of Biscay was very bad on the return journey and lots of people were poorly. This year we did the Canaries cruise and again had the 2 sea days back to the UK - both cool but sunny. As much as we love the cruises we've had on the Eclipse, these last two sea days heading North into the cooler weather always feel a bit anti climatic.

That's one of the reasons we never sail that route. We'd rather fly for a couple of hours and see more of the Med than sail through the Bay of Biscay and take 2 days of out of our vacation to get there.

I'm so glad I found this thread as we hooked the October 2017 Canary Island cruise out of Southampton with the TA back to Miami by way of Boston, New York and Bermuda. We booked them early so we could reserve one of the concierge rooms on the aft. This will be our third cruise with Celebrity and have always had a great time, whether it was cruising Alaska or around the Galapagos!

Question. Have any of you cruised either or both of these legs in one of their aft rooms and, if so, was your cruise a pleasant one during rough waters or did you wish you had a room on either side of the ship?