Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

7 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

Not only did you get a good deal, you're getting the dreaded long flight out of the way at the beginning of your trip

Yes, that's true. I even managed to soften the blow a lot by making an en route stopover in Hawaii for two days of sunshine before the final shorter flight to Vancouver.

• Like 1

NCL still has zero solo supplement on many sailings. That said, i just received a promo in the mail for 10% off any 7 day or longer cruise.

I logged in to look at my Cruise Next certs and there is also a 10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit is listed in the list. My guess is that it also stacks with a Cruise Next cert. Expires 8/15 and cruise must be before 3/31/24.

Good luck!

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 12:28 AM, luv-2-go-cruising said:

I've had better solo prices on Princess lately. NCL's have been quit a bit higher.

I agree, NCL seems to be pushing solo/singles away. I had a great solo cruise on Sky Princess for just a little over 100.00 a day in January. 

Try this one: 

#36291    7    Aug 5    Honolulu, Oahu, HI    Honolulu, Oahu, HI    Norwegian / Pride of America    4    $949    $949    0%    

#28261    10    Aug 4    Trieste, Italy    Trieste, Italy    Norwegian / Norwegian Gem    4.5    $1,199    $1,199    0%    No Supplement!
#17710    11    Aug 6    Athens (Piraeus), Greece    Athens (Piraeus), Greece    Norwegian / Norwegian Jade    4.5    $1,249    $1,249    0%

Use a cruise next and a 10% coupon for an amazing deal with any of those deals in August. Not everyone got the 10% off in their account. Not sure who did, but I did. The mailing came in the mail yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

NCL just removed the single supplement for certain cabins on the 13-night TA on Oct 22 on the Getaway from Southampton. $1330 all-in, including drink package, for picture window OV. 

Edited by alanstarr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, alanstarr said:

NCL just removed the single supplement for certain cabins on the 13-night TA on Oct 22 on the Getaway from Southampton. $1330 all-in, including drink package, for picture window OV. 

👍

For the same ship, the solo supplement is zero for all three cruises in October:

NCL Getaway

** 11 Days October 1 to 12 - Europe: including France, Germany & Belgium (roundtrip from Southampton)

Sail Away Solo Inside Guarantee $699 plus $267 port/taxes 

**10 Days October 12 to 22 - Europe: including France, Germany & Belgium (roundtrip from Southampton)

Sail Away Solo Inside Guarantee $629 plus $255 port/taxes

**13 Days October 22 to November 4

Transatlantic: Southampton to New York City

Sail Away Solo Inside Guarantee $649 plus $197 port/taxes

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, alanstarr said:

13-night TA on Oct 22 on the Getaway from Southampton. $1330 all-in. 

Just booked this for $1100 after $250 FCC. Plus I get Sapphire benefits, and shareholder OBC.

And I think they'll be no problems upgrading for minimum bids, looks like 100 balconies still available, plus another 67 family balconies! 

• Like 1

Hello 

I have a question . Alanstarr. How did you get the balcony so cheap its listed right now for 1 travelor at $1649. I am going solo and I am in solo cabin. Do you or anyone else know how I can get a balcony . I was offered to bid on a balcony cabin . But the offer was here and gone. I have called my agent trying to get in on bigger cabin. I have paid in full. Does anyone know how to get them to move me up , this late in the game ?

Thank you 

Jeanine 

1 hour ago, cruisenurse2 said:

Hello 

I have a question . Alanstarr. How did you get the balcony so cheap its listed right now for 1 travelor at $1649. I am going solo and I am in solo cabin. Do you or anyone else know how I can get a balcony . I was offered to bid on a balcony cabin . But the offer was here and gone. I have called my agent trying to get in on bigger cabin. I have paid in full. Does anyone know how to get them to move me up , this late in the game ?

Thank you 

Jeanine 

Normally, the offer to bid is always available until maybe the day before sailing. At your NCL account, if you click on the booking, you should see "Messages" and one of them should be for "bidding." You can use that to place a bid. Since they are an excess of cabins available, you may get lucky.

Secondly depending on how much you paid for the studio cabin, you may be able to upgrade directly. So for example, if your base fare for the studio cabin was $1300 and the current base fare for a balcony is $1649, then you could pay the difference and get the balcony immediately.

56 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Normally, the offer to bid is always available until maybe the day before sailing. At your NCL account, if you click on the booking, you should see "Messages" and one of them should be for "bidding." You can use that to place a bid. Since they are an excess of cabins available, you may get lucky.

Secondly depending on how much you paid for the studio cabin, you may be able to upgrade directly. So for example, if your base fare for the studio cabin was $1300 and the current base fare for a balcony is $1649, then you could pay the difference and get the balcony immediately.

Hi Brian 

Thank you for the response . I paid $1100 for my solo studio. I am veteran . Anyway the bid offer is gone . its no longer available. I was hoping for a spa cabin to bid on . But , that was not a option. I had no idea they would drop the solo suppliment . I am trying to get my agent to help me . I called NCL and they sent me back to her. so we will see. I guess I should book at the last minute. But . I have a job and pets I need to make arrangements for .  

I did get the spa pass. So I am happy to be going on another cruise. I hope we can meet . I am planning on attending the CC meet and greet party. See you then . 

7 hours ago, cruisenurse2 said:

Hello 

I have a question . Alanstarr. How did you get the balcony so cheap its listed right now for 1 travelor at $1649.

I booked an Oceanview Picture Window, not a balcony, for $1350. However, with 160+ balconies currently available, I believe that there will be ample opportunity to upgrade, either through bidding or repricing. I believe the bidding window opens up at 90 days before the cruise? So maybe early next you should see an opportunity? 

But since the solo supplement was just dropped yesterday for inside and OV cabins, I'm hoping it will go away for balconies soon as well, and I just reprice for a couple hundred dollars extra. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing some reasonable solo pricing on several repositioning sailings this fall from several cruiselines (Princess, NCL, HAL) - transatlantic, transpacific (to Japan or to Australia/NZ) and a couple of North America to South America sailings ... if you don't mind the long flight back and have plenty of time to spare, shop around and see what fits with your scheduling.  Unfortunately (?) I already have previously booked TA and I can't fit anything else lengthy into my schedule on short notice...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OD2 said:

Looking for solo cruise winter 2023-24

Anyone know of one that sails from northeast coast, like New York? Or Halifax? 

Carnival Venezia, Italian style cruising out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal

MSC Meraviglia out of Brooklyn, NY

Norwegian Getaway out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas (very old ship) out of Baltimore

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ