Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Jim, is that the Panama Canal Cruise on the new ship NOVA? In April? I have a deposit down on that one too!

Hi Lois,

Yes it is.

Silverseas 25% solo supplement on some of there cruises makes them very good value for solos

On 6/1/2023 at 8:58 PM, akronmaid said:

It's nice to see people getting these bargains, but could you please share where you found them, so that others of us can try to get them? When I looked at the Seabourn site it was over $9000 per person. And nothing about a solo rate.

The poster said Silversea, not Seabourn.

Not strictly solo related, but for my fellow Canadians, NCL currently has an offer for certain cruises with Canadian at par. Since our dollar is at about 73 cents on a USD, it's almost a 30% savings. I'm looking at an Alaskan cruise in September, round trip Vancouver. I believe it is only available for the next two days.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, mandymay said:

Hi Akronmaid,

It was a SILVERSEA not Seabourn Cruise I booked via Silversea UK, not a travel agent.The price I quoted in the above was the price I paid in £ sterling.

Sorry my post was confusing.

Either that deal has gone or the price isn't available booking from the USA. When I check their website, it shows $9438 for a solo port-to-port (i.e. just the cruise, no airfare, no transfers) and $7550 pp double occupancy. Your price is much better than the current per person double occupancy price in the US. 

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Just a note for those looking at alaska that princess still has a low single supplement (maybe 20%) for those cruises leaving from vancouver.

Thanks, but I think this might be based on residency. I'm assuming you're in the US? For me in Canada, every one I've checked that leaves from Vancouver is pricing at 100% single supplement...

20 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

Either that deal has gone or the price isn't available booking from the USA. When I check their website, it shows $9438 for a solo port-to-port (i.e. just the cruise, no airfare, no transfers) and $7550 pp double occupancy. Your price is much better than the current per person double occupancy price in the US. 

Yes. The price changed sometime before the next day. I found the same itin for the previouse price later in August. While I called my travel agent, it had already climbed $1000, then it went up another $1000 while on the phone. It was now in the $6000s and out of my price range. I was surprised how quickly the price changed.

Dreaming of getting to L'Anse Aux Meadows someday!

Some of the newly listed NCL Epic cruises from Port Canaveral to the Caribbean have some really good studio cabin rates! Guessing they are trying to get those ships filled up again since they totally decided to reposition the ship and the sailings are leaving in less than a year.

I just booked directly on the NCL website the NCL Epic 7 night sailing to Eastern Caribbean January 14 for base price $799. With the "free-at-sea" package, ended up costing under $1200 for cabin, taxes & port fees, and free-at-sea gratuities. (Still will have to pay the regular gratuities later, think that's like $16 a day and unsure how to prepay those since this is my first time sailing with NCL.) You can also still snag a CruiseFirst cert today for $250 (worth $500 towards your cruise) to save an extra $250. Note: you can only use ONE CruiseFirst cert, even though it appears like it will let you apply multiple, it errored out on me when I finalized the purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, latebuyer said:

June 12 and june 23rd and july 14 crown princess only have small one. Maybe its just that ship?

Ah okay I'm seeing that now. I had tried about 5 itineraries before giving up. Thank you!

Edited by whee-sailing

2 hours ago, Crafty Cruiser B said:

Some of the newly listed NCL Epic cruises from Port Canaveral to the Caribbean have some really good studio cabin rates! Guessing they are trying to get those ships filled up again since they totally decided to reposition the ship and the sailings are leaving in less than a year.

I just booked directly on the NCL website the NCL Epic 7 night sailing to Eastern Caribbean January 14 for base price $799. With the "free-at-sea" package, ended up costing under $1200 for cabin, taxes & port fees, and free-at-sea gratuities. (Still will have to pay the regular gratuities later, think that's like $16 a day and unsure how to prepay those since this is my first time sailing with NCL.) You can also still snag a CruiseFirst cert today for $250 (worth $500 towards your cruise) to save an extra $250. Note: you can only use ONE CruiseFirst cert, even though it appears like it will let you apply multiple, it errored out on me when I finalized the purchase.

What are the "free at sea" gratuities if they are not the standard room attendant/wait staff gratuity?

1 hour ago, dahirsh said:

What are the "free at sea" gratuities if they are not the standard room attendant/wait staff gratuity?

They are the gratuities for the bartenders/drink waiters. Mind you, some cruisers feel it is still necessary to give the same bartenders/drink waiters cash every drink they bring on top of the aforementioned gratuities already paid. 

ETA: and specialty dining waiters

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

• 2 weeks later...

Princess has a pretty good deal on an 18-night cruise from LA to Chile. Departs Los Angeles on Dec 1st, arrives in Santiago on Dec. 19th. Solo balcony is just $1894 all-in, other than crew appreciation. And it includes $200 OBC.

(Insides and OV are even less, of course!) 

Edited by alanstarr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alanstarr said:

Princess has a pretty good deal on an 18-night cruise from LA to Chile. Departs Los Angeles on Dec 1st, arrives in Santiago on Dec. 19th. Solo balcony is just $1894 all-in, other than crew appreciation. And it includes $200 OBC.

(Insides and OV are even less, of course!) 

You can even extend to Buenos Aires - jus book LA to BA - so 35 days for less than $109 a day interior.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2023 at 10:16 PM, Host Kat said:

FYI to all reading this thread,

This is a friendly reminder regarding the title of this thread, "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES only... NOT travel agents/agencies (online, brick & mortar, big box, etc.), promoters of hosted group cruises for singles/solos or any other source/venue for cruise purchase.

Perhaps a copy/paste of the first post by cruisinryan on the previous thread with the same title will be helpful:

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. 🙂

There used to be one, but it disappeared 😕 ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. 

😄 Post all those great deals everyone! 😄

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Note the above states general info for cruise line, ship name and sail date are all that has been requested. Please feel free to add the itinerary.

And yes, there will be times where there will be the need for additional posts requesting & receiving clarification about a previous bargain posted in this thread. However, please be considerate of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Posting off-topic chit chat within a thread (aka hijacking) is boring to some readers and wastes their time. Especially for the 201 members Following this thread at this time. They only want to know about the latest CRUISE LINE single supplement bargains.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to all and thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Numerous off topic posts had to be removed. Please see one of my previous posts in this thread quoted above that reminds everyone what is to be posted in this thread titled Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE.

Host Kat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Another decent deal from Princess, especially if you like sea days. 21-nights from Los Angeles to Auckland NZ, leaving Oct. 8th. Total is $2585 for a solo balcony. Stops include Hawaii, Tahiti and American Samoa. (Interior is $1835, or only $87/night!).

Edited by alanstarr
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but I see $279 for 7 days on NCL Spirit or NCL Jewel to Alaska in July solo. If you use a cruisenext with that, it means you pay $29 more plus taxes and port fees and gratuities. Comes to $308 plus gratuities when I use a cruisenext for sailaway inside cabin.

You can get Free at Sea for $40 more plus gratuities.

Good luck!

Edited by mainecruisefan
Added that it was for inside cabin for clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/23/2023 at 5:26 AM, alanstarr said:

Another decent deal from Princess, especially if you like sea days. 21-nights from Los Angeles to Auckland NZ, leaving Oct. 8th. Total is $2585 for a solo balcony. Stops include Hawaii, Tahiti and American Samoa.

I'm on an earlier one with Grand Princess, from Vancouver to Sydney, 27 Nights. I got a balcony room with no single supplement - a very good deal. Lots of sea days, but stops in San Francisco, LA, Honolulu, Tahiti, Samoa, Auckland, and sails into Sydney Harbour to finish on a high note.

• Like 4