Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Norwegian Gem (NYC) dropped solo supplement on Jan - Feb '23 9 day sailings to the Bahamas and Panama Canal 12 day sailings.  Very good bargains on base fares.  Taxes for PC add up though ($406).  Still the total is a great rate at $1255 all in or $805 sailaway rate for inside.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found a really nice rate on a group of Western Caribbean cruises on the Ruby Princess in January through April.  $490 for 7 days including the cabin and port fees.  NO SINGLE TAX!  I posted the details in a thread on the Princess board, which is reproduced here:

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a note if you are canadian check this ruby princess sailing out as it is 450+tax so must be no exchange rate added! When i logged in i found a residents promotion and clicked through there. Unfortunately i’m from vancouver and not sure i want to pay airfare to houston. Good find!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Just a note if you are canadian check this ruby princess sailing out as it is 450+tax so must be no exchange rate added! When i logged in i found a residents promotion and clicked through there. Unfortunately i’m from vancouver and not sure i want to pay airfare to houston. Good find!

I'm glad you found my post helpful. I forgot to mention that Canadian residents can also take advantage of this deal. Airfare is an issue for anyone because none of the states near Texas are eligible.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been eyeing the NCL Bliss cruises out of LA and San Diego for the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises for January-April in the oceanview or balconies but they haven't gotten down. Do any of you know if a ship like the Bliss which does have studio cabins typically drop the single supplement in the non studio rooms closer to the departure date?

NCL Joy is fairly low right now for February, however they don't have a thermal spa which I was hoping to use. I'm wondering  if it's only low though for solos because they have no studio cabins. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just scored a studio cabin on celebrity silhouette 10 night Caribbean cruise in January 2024 for $1050. Standard inside room for one or two people would be double that.

There are only four on the ship, and two are now gone.

Edited by Cruise Kay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 9:41 PM, Cruise Kay said:

I just scored a studio cabin on celebrity silhouette 10 night Caribbean cruise in January 2024 for $1050. Standard inside room for one or two people would be double that.

There are only four on the ship, and two are now gone.

I would welcome your comments on that cabin when you return.  I had one booked but decided to cancel.  I’ve never sailed in an inside cabin let alone one that is the size of a large closet at 103 square feet.  If you look at several of the Silhouette cruises, these cabins are usually open for booking.  The mid ship location on deck nine along with the pricing are positives but I personally couldn’t deal with the potential claustrophobia.  Good luck and happy sailing!

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 7:08 AM, ILgirl said:

I would welcome your comments on that cabin when you return.  I had one booked but decided to cancel.  I’ve never sailed in an inside cabin let alone one that is the size of a large closet at 103 square feet.  If you look at several of the Silhouette cruises, these cabins are usually open for booking.  The mid ship location on deck nine along with the pricing are positives but I personally couldn’t deal with the potential claustrophobia.  Good luck and happy sailing!

Have you ever sailed in an interior room?

Honestly those of us who do regularly typically see a room as a place to store our stuff, sleep & shower--not much else. Plenty of places to be on the ship, both for activities or quiet time.

• Like 3

If you have sailed with Carnival before, I just noticed this deal:

Cruise Summary

Itinerary:22 Days Transpacific from Brisbane, Australia

Thu Apr 13, 2023 - Thu May 4, 2023

22 Days Transpacific from Brisbane, Australia from Thursday April 13, 2023 to Thursday May 04, 2023

Ship:Carnival Luminosa

1 Room 1 Guest

Room 1: Balcony

Guest 1:

$1,339.00

Taxes, fees & port expenses:

$199.20

Room 1 Total:$1,538.20

Total :$1,538.20

I believe gratuities are $319 at the moment. Less than $100 per day for a balcony for 22 days across the South Pacific can't be all bad!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, mainecruisefan said:

If you have sailed with Carnival before, I just noticed this deal:

Cruise Summary

22 Days Transpacific from Brisbane, Australia from Thursday April 13, 2023 to Thursday May 04, 2023

1 Room 1 Guest

Room 1: Balcony

Guest 1:

$1,339.00

Taxes, fees & port expenses:

$199.20

I've searched for this one the Carnival website, but that price only shows up for the an inside. Balcony is $2128. (Still a great deal, but not as good as $1538!) I am logged into my account, although I haven't traveled on Carnival in many years. 

7 hours ago, alanstarr said:

I've searched for this one the Carnival website, but that price only shows up for the an inside. Balcony is $2128. (Still a great deal, but not as good as $1538!) I am logged into my account, although I haven't traveled on Carnival in many years. 

Weird, I am still seeing $1538 for solo balcony.... and interior $968.

Fare code is: Exclusive VIFP Club Member Offer (PRQ)

The price you are seeing is for: Free Room Upgrade Great Rates Sale (PBP)

1 Room 1 Guest
Room 1: Interior
Guest 1:
$769.00
Taxes, fees & port expenses:more-info-icon.svg
$199.20
Room 1 Total:$968.20
Total :$968.20

oom 1: Balcony
Guest 1:
$1,339.00
Taxes, fees & port expenses:more-info-icon.svg
$199.20

You need to switch to: Exclusive VIFP Club Member Offer (PRQ)

Good luck!

54 minutes ago, mainecruisefan said:

I think it is in the next step where I see the other promotions. 

I did an entire mock booking and got the same $1538 price for a solo balcony cabin (center, deck 7).  I actually put a 24 hour hold on it and am now researching flights.  Thanks for the great lead!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sprigs616 said:

I did an entire mock booking and got the same $1538 price for a solo balcony cabin (center, deck 7).  I actually put a 24 hour hold on it and am now researching flights.  Thanks for the great lead!

Hi, would you mind keeping me informed of flight deals. I'm at Panama canal now, but have place in PD, sounds interesting

Thanks

28 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Hi, would you mind keeping me informed of flight deals. I'm at Panama canal now, but have place in PD, sounds interesting

Thanks

I would but we're not allowed to post anything except solo cruise deals on this thread.  Sorry.

For all the folks talking about the Carnival Luminosa TP, I'm booked on that trip in a Inside Obstructed View cabin. I'm actually annoyed that the cost has gone down considerably since I booked. I'm planning to call them Monday and see if I can get a credit or something.

I paid $2500 for my room before port fees.

I'm also booked on the Splendor for its 10 day trip to New Zealand from Sydney. That trip I do feel I got a decent deal on - $542 for an interior cabin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doribeans said:

For all the folks talking about the Carnival Luminosa TP, I'm booked on that trip in a Inside Obstructed View cabin. I'm actually annoyed that the cost has gone down considerably since I booked. I'm planning to call them Monday and see if I can get a credit or something.

I paid $2500 for my room before port fees.

I'm also booked on the Splendor for its 10 day trip to New Zealand from Sydney. That trip I do feel I got a decent deal on - $542 for an interior cabin.

Do you mean outside obstructed view?, i am thinking insides have no view.

10 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Do you mean outside obstructed view?, i am thinking insides have no view.

Gerry - Carnival calls them insides with window or insides with porthole - the one I'm in is at the very front of the boat and has a window forward but there is a railing in front - this is normal on Carnival ships on decks 6 and 7. I don't know about the Luminosa but on older ships (Radiance, Liberty, etc) you can sit or stand out there - its usually very quiet.