No access to the Diamond lounge for diamond members

We've been diamond for about 5 years. Don't ever expect to get to D+, as we just don't cruise often enough to rack up the points. And that's fine. We get the product that we pay for, and any perks they want to throw our way, we are happy with. I have enjoyed the D lounge the past few years, and if it won't be an option in the future, believe me, I'm delighted with whatever free drinks they want to load on my seapass card. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. JMHO, of course;):cool:

We've been diamond for about 5 years. Don't ever expect to get to D+, as we just don't cruise often enough to rack up the points. And that's fine. We get the product that we pay for, and any perks they want to throw our way, we are happy with. I have enjoyed the D lounge the past few years, and if it won't be an option in the future, believe me, I'm delighted with whatever free drinks they want to load on my seapass card. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. JMHO, of course;):cool:

Awesome attitude. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you gotta have the specialty coffee and the machine is out of order, just go buy one elsewhere.

Our Navigator cruise in November will put us at Diamond Plus. We have only been in one Diamond Lounge, one time, also on Navigator.

We found the DL on Navigator to be rather a dreary room, and certainly not a place where we want to spend any time.

If I want a specialty coffee I go to the coffee shop and pay for it. Not a big deal at all.

Our Navigator cruise in November will put us at Diamond Plus. We have only been in one Diamond Lounge, one time, also on Navigator.

We found the DL on Navigator to be rather a dreary room, and certainly not a place where we want to spend any time.

If I want a specialty coffee I go to the coffee shop and pay for it. Not a big deal at all.

You found the DL on Navigator to be dreary with its large picture windows overlooking the ocean and its outdoor seating area?:confused:

Did that mean there was no nightly cocktail hour for Diamonds in the DL lounge or an overflow area?

I'm paying a bit more attention to this sort of thing as we turn Diamond after our next cruise.

Thanks

There was the nightly cocktail hour for Diamond and it was held in the Safari Club.

Exactly! If I can afford to cruise, I can certainly afford Starbucks:D:cool:

I would say "Right on Brother" if I wasn't so PC

Glad you find a way to enjoy your cruises too..... cruisers so upset the coffee machine broken.... now if you couldn't get it elsewhere... I would probably go into withdraws... LOL

Diamond Club on Navigator is great. It's up on deck 14, has new furniture and outside patio. Are you sure you're not talking about the CL on deck 9? It is cavelike.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why did you not want to learn how to fix it?

That should be a requirement of Pinnacle, ability to troubleshoot the espresso machine. I mean, don't people always say they look to the Pinnacle members for answers. 😉

We shouldn't have to learn how to fix non-working or broken things on the ship. Most of the staff would have heart failure if they saw us trying. It's way above my skill set AND my pay grade. :rolleyes:

We shouldn't have to learn how to fix non-working or broken things on the ship. Most of the staff would have heart failure if they saw us trying. It's way above my skill set AND my pay grade. :rolleyes:

Agree. And sometimes the passenger trying to service/fix the coffee machine does more damage than good. ;)

You found the DL on Navigator to be dreary with its large picture windows overlooking the ocean and its outdoor seating area?:confused:

I know. I like the Freedom class ships DL because of the views. That said the poster did a TA and there wouldn't be much to see. I am guessing she is speaking about the type of people who may be in there. It is always a fascinating look a human behavior in the DL or anywhere else on a cruise ship for that matter.:D

That said, I like to spend at least a bit of time in the DL, and we were there every night on the last cruise. Shortest stay in the evening was 20 minutes and the longest was about 60 minutes. That said, it was always full when we arrived one night 10 minutes after drinks time, they had us in the overflow area in the Music Hall. Which was equally fine. Although people complained when I was in there that they had to be in the Music Hall. I couldn't see the difference personally.

JC

Actually, Bertie thanked me for emptying the grounds. he was working on the next weeks guests welcome letters.

Agree. And sometimes the passenger trying to service/fix the coffee machine does more damage than good. ;)

Give a man a coffee, and he may get a coffee

Teach a man to make coffee and he has a better chance of having coffee when he wants it

or something like that ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Actually, Bertie thanked me for emptying the grounds. he was working on the next weeks guests welcome letters.

Give a man a coffee, and he may get a coffee

Teach a man to make coffee and he has a better chance of having coffee when he wants it

or something like that ;)

Wise words John!! ;) I agree! :D

Gosh I will miss Bertie and the Freedom!!

Edited by island lady

Diamond Club on Navigator is great. It's up on deck 14, has new furniture and outside patio. Are you sure you're not talking about the CL on deck 9? It is cavelike.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Navigator 51 nights, and yes it was the DL.

You know the old "different strokes for different folks". :D

Our transatlantic with Serenade of the Seas ended in Boston. Since I have started this thread, I am coming back to tell you my experience as a diamond member. I have realised that diamond plus members have had a different experience, and at a certain point some have questioned my comments as if they were not true. Somebody, probably a well intended school teacher, has even given me advise on how should I have formulated my original post. Thank you for the advise, the comments and every bodys interest on the subject. Please excuse my english, since it is not my mother tongue.

I am reporting back that:

1) We, diamond members had access during the evening hours to the Safari Lounge where canapes and free drinks where offered

2) diamond members have received in addition to that, 3 free drinks in the evening, same hours as in the safari lounge, which could be used in most bars on the ship

3) diamond members could receive free specialty coffees in the main restaurant during breakfast time

4) diamond members did not have access to the so called "diamond lounge" at any time of the day. This lounge was reserved for diamond plus members

5) when we complained about that due to not having access to the diamond lounge, we were not being able to have free specialty coffees anymore outside of the limited breakfast hours, the loyalty ambassador informed us, that this perk was since april this year not anymore a benefit for diamond members

6) after getting information on this thread that sometimes it is good to take the concerns to a higher level, some of us have complained about this issue. Individual solutions were found. In our case we have received a small "good will" on board credit enough to buy a capuccino per day for 15 days.

Thanks for your attention

Edited by travelberlin

Our transatlantic with Serenade of the Seas ended in Boston. Since I have started this thread, I am coming back to tell you my experience as a diamond member. I have realised that diamond plus members have had a different experience, and at a certain point some have questioned my comments as if they were not true. Somebody, probably a well intended school teacher, has even given me advise on how should I have formulated my original post. Thank you for the advise, the comments and every bodys interest on the subject. Please excuse my english, since it is not my mother tongue.

I am reporting back that:

1) We, diamond members had access during the evening hours to the Safari Lounge where canapes and free drinks where offered

2) diamond members have received in addition to that, 3 free drinks in the evening, same hours as in the safari lounge, which could be used in most bars on the ship

3) diamond members could receive free specialty coffees in the main restaurant during breakfast time

4) diamond members did not have access to the so called "diamond lounge" at any time of the day. This lounge was reserved for diamond plus members

5) when we complained about that due to not having access to the diamond lounge, we were not being able to have free specialty coffees anymore outside of the limited breakfast hours, the loyalty ambassador informed us, that this perk was since april this year not anymore a benefit for diamond members

6) after getting information on this thread that sometimes it is good to take the concerns to a higher level, some of us have complained about this issue. Individual solutions were found. In our case we have received a small "good will" on board credit enough to buy a capuccino per day for 15 days.

Good information, and thank you for a good follow up.

We are doing the Ovation next April and I will be diamond Plus after that cruise, so your experience may well be my experience. I must say the coffee is important to me early in the morning, and the MDR is not a good option because it is closed when I want coffee, although one morning on my cruise on the Anthem last week the machine was closed for cleaning while I was there, and I had to wait an hour to get my coffee, but I was very early that morning, it was not a crisis.

JC

This is the first I've read of this issue of Diamonds being kicked out of the lounge.

On Oasis a few months ago anytime that the coffee machine was not working in the Diamond lounge specialty coffee was made available at the Starbucks location on the Royal Promenade. It would have been nice you to have access at Latitudes on Serenade.

This usually happens on transatlantic cruise some many Diamond plus's the whole Viking Crown was for D+ and PC it was September 2014 on the Liberty as you things are back to normal.

RCL don't want to remove you from the diamond lounge but when their are so many D+ on a ship they have to do something first three hours got one drink. The lounge down on deck five became the Diamond lounge,something to be aware of when doing TA's

There is no guarantee of anything in C & A, Royal can make changes at anytime. Just saying, if the coffee is that important, don't ruin your cruise, just go buy one elsewhere....

Yes I understand the program can and has changed of the years. We've been sailing RCCL since the early 80's and have seem MANY changes.

The point of my post was about the offered availability of published CURRENT benefits. If the published info states that "fill in the black" is a benefit for special levels of loyalty or premium accommodations, one would expect that published benefit to be offered. Why should the passenger to pay for a any current published benefit. Should benefits change, as they have and will, then yes we will adjust and purchase what we want.

M

This is interesting, our next cruise will be our first as Diamond members, and it happens to be a TA

i assume we will get a less than Diamond experience as its likely we will have many D, D+ and P on board.

who did you get to give you this credit? as compo for not being able to access the specialty coffee in the lounge?

i assume not the front desk?

also, is there a bouncer at the entrance checking the validity of cruise cards?

Yes I understand the program can and has changed of the years. We've been sailing RCCL since the early 80's and have seem MANY changes.

The point of my post was about the offered availability of published CURRENT benefits. If the published info states that "fill in the black" is a benefit for special levels of loyalty or premium accommodations, one would expect that published benefit to be offered. Why should the passenger to pay for a any current published benefit. Should benefits change, as they have and will, then yes we will adjust and purchase what we want.

M

From the C&A program, the rules...

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Just say'n ..... when the machine is broken or not working, or lounge is too full, consider it a change, and no notice required.