Live From The Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer September 5, 2016

Woobstr112G

Looks like you've had nice weather for the Iceland portion - beautiful and clear - at least my friends are reporting that and they just got through that part of their 24 day HAL cruise.

Thank you for the weather update......:):):)

Bob

Thank you so much for doing this Live from report. Hope you have found a good pub that does food and you had a good sunday roast with yorkshire puddings.

Did you manage to catch the beautiful sky last night? We are in Birmingham and it was very surreal - supposedly even more vivid down south!

Feel free to use my pictures any way you wish. If you've never been on the CB, I have a Flickr album from last year's cruise on her. The link for my Flickr page is in the bottom of my signature. Once you click on it, go to the "Albums" page and select the Iceland/Norway 2015 album....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

This album is amazing. Thanks for the link. You are quite the photographer. My husband always says I'm happiest when I have a cruise booked as I research the thing to death. Given this is a totally new ship for us and only our second Princess cruise my imagination and need for visuals have been running wild. I just may wear out your page :)

Edited by Kevin's girl

Bob' date='

This album is amazing. Thanks for the link. You are quite the photographer. My husband always says I'm happiest when I have a cruise booked as I research the thing to death. Given this is a totally new ship for us and only our second Princess cruise my imagination and need for visuals have been running wild. I just may wear out your page :)[/quote']

No worries:). Wear it out to your hearts content. If you have any questions about her, drop me a line. Email address is my CC screen name at roadrunner dot com.....:):):)

Bob

It is always great to see someone have as much fun cruising as you and Holli do. Marla and I still talk about the Red Hot Rubies cruise as one of our favorites. I know lots of folks from that cruise will be following along on this one.

We wish for you two a great cruise. It is a great itinerary; we hope the weather cooperates.

Good evening all. Holli & I are just getting ready to turn in after a nice dinner and getting our luggage together with luggage tags. We plan on getting to the cruise terminal hopefully early. I am so looking forward to this cruise. After 527 days of planning, the day is upon us. Fun starts tomorrow.....:):):)

Bob

It is always great to see someone have as much fun cruising as you and Holli do. Marla and I still talk about the Red Hot Rubies cruise as one of our favorites. I know lots of folks from that cruise will be following along on this one.

We wish for you two a great cruise. It is a great itinerary; we hope the weather cooperates.

Thanks Jerry. It's been 527 days in the planning. With the several near cancellations we experienced, actually going on this cruise is that much more special to Holli & I.

Regards to you and Marla from Holli & I.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi Bob

Phil and I are following along, love your "Live Froms"!!

We will be on the CB in November with some Red Hot Ruby Alums, a great time will be had by all and we have two questions. Could you please check and find out how much a martini is in Crooners - since I know you'll have at least one!! :p:p Phil and I don't drink enough to justify the drink package but I do love my martinis at Crooners. On our Bermuda cruise last fall on RCL, a single martini was $15.00 and it wasn't that good!! Also, there is a thread going about the menus, in particular items that have been removed from the 'Always Available' to make room for Curtis Stone new items, so could you please take a quick look. Much appreciated.

I am on the CB right now. There are almost no drinks over $10 and as I remember and can check later, a martini is around $8. Like several on here we have the AIBP for any drink less than $10 and have been enjoying martini as well as my favorite bourbon on the rocks.

29179690810_9d2160bcc4.jpg

Good morning all from a dreary wet Monday morning in Southampton. It is a little it's almost 0830 local time. Well the day is here. Holli & I and I are heading down to get some breakfast before final preps before we check out of the hotel and head to the CB. She ended up docking at the Ocean terminal which is not the docking area that is right across from are hotel balcony. I did snap the above picture from our balcony just now.

Hope all are well. I'll check in after we get on board later or maybe before then if I have a few spare moments.....:):):)

Bob

I am on the CB right now. There are almost no drinks over $10 and as I remember and can check later, a martini is around $8. Like several on here we have the AIBP for any drink less than $10 and have been enjoying martini as well as my favorite bourbon on the rocks.

Thanks satxdiver! Much appreciated. I believe I'll start with the 007!!

Good afternoon all from the Caribbean Princess. Holli and I have been on board now for about two hours. Embarkation was a breeze. As with last year, we were onboard after less than 30 minutes after entering the terminal. We also got our luggage very quickly. We've done a little unpacking and are now getting ready for the muster drill scheduled for 1600 hours local time. Currently it is 1535 local time. Sailaway is scheduled for 1700.

I was able to get ahold of the DINE line early and was able to reschedule our complimentary dinner (Crown Grill) for tomorrow night. So far so good, Ship looks great so far.

Nore Later.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob-

I hope you and Holli are having a wondful day asea! I would love to hear a bit more about Holli's new jacket. I am constantly in search of the perfect travel coat... Keep us posted on how it works out.

Happy sails-

Tracie-Lynn

29480576145_2577f017f6.jpg

Good evening all from the Caribbean Princess. We left port on time at 1700 local time after the muster drill. I had a number of roll call members on my balcony for a nice sailaway party. A great time was had by all. We are now headed to Rotterdam where we have a private excursion set for tomorrow afternoon. I just took the above picture. Wake views are simply the best.

I will post again a little later with the ship's officer's and entertainment options for tonight.

Until then, take care.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

29480576145_2577f017f6.jpg

Good evening all from the Caribbean Princess. We left port on time at 1700 local time after the muster drill. I had a number of roll call members on my balcony for a nice sailaway party. A great time was had by all. We are now headed to Rotterdam where we have a private excursion set for tomorrow afternoon. I just took the above picture. Wake views are simply the best.

I will post again a little later with the ship's officer's and entertainment options for tonight.

Until then, take care.....:):):)

Bob

My friends Barb and Craig are on board too, and they love the wake view cabins. I wouldn't be surprised if they are your neighbors. Have fun

Vickie