Live From The Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer September 5, 2016

Woobstr112G

Good afternoon all. DW & I will be leaving for London on Friday for a short two day stay in Southampton before boarding the CB on Monday for the cruise. While in Southampton, we will be staying at the Grand Harbor hotel. We did the almost identical itinerary last year and loved it so much we are doing it again. An added bonus is this is our elite qualifier and we will be in the GS. I decided to start this live from thread a little early so I could report on our adventures in Southampton and also begin to compile a list of questions anyone might have. I should have enough internet minutes available to post every day (providing the ship's internet cooperates) and to hopefully answer any questions asked.

Over the last 18 months we've had this wonderful journey booked, there have been a number of instances where we almost had to cancel for medical reasons so needless to say, I am so ready for this cruise.

Let the fun begin.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Nan and I wish you and Holli a fantastic trip! We'll be following you the whole way...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Thanks Lew. I'll pass on your regards to Holli. Actually going on this cruise means a lot to us since there were a number of instances where we came very close to cancelling.....:):):)

Bob

Happy sailing and will be following. Our next cruise will be on CB. A gift to my wife who has had a stressful year as High School PTO President and then getting our only child daughter off to college. Our first cruise without our daughter in 18 years. Hoping (and expecting) that CB will provide the relief she needs.

Looking forward to hearing all about it as this is next on my "want" list after the two cruises we have booked, unfortunately not until 2018. Did you see puffins the last time - I want to see puffins... :)

Looking forward to hearing all about it as this is next on my "want" list after the two cruises we have booked, unfortunately not until 2018. Did you see puffins the last time - I want to see puffins... :)

We didn't see any Puffins last year but are hoping to this year. Don't know what the 2018 itineraries will look like. In 2017, this exact itinerary won't be offered. There is a September (Iceland & Atlantic) on the Crown. Not to fond of the itinerary as it is only 15 days and they deleated Akureyri as a port stop.

Bob

Bob, just wanted to pop in and wish you and your wife a great time aboard the CB. I will be following along, from my comfy armchair.

To the poster who asked is there a Northampton? the answer is yes, there is.

During your trip I will be boarding the similar Star Princess for an Alaskan trip and I hope you'll tune in to my review around September 19th. when and if I get back.

Until then, fair winds and following seas!

Norris, CB fan.

I'd like to see puffins, too! We're on this cruise with Bob & Holli and a few thousand others. We did a similar itinerary on the Crown P in 2009. I had been hoping to see puffins at either the Shetlands or the Faeroes (not on this year's itinerary). But we missed the Shetlands due to bad weather and couldn't do our planned small boat trip at the Faeroes because the water was too rough. :(

However, I've since learned that puffins migrate out in early Sep. so they wouldn't have been there when we were supposed to be. They do nest in the Bar Harbor, Maine area so if you do a summer NE-Can cruise, you might have the opportunity to see them.

Good morning all. Well kick off day is here. Today is my last day at work before kick off for vacation. I have to go in later for about four hours for a meeting then it's goodbye work:). You'd think I'd be catching up on sleep instead of being up at 0340; nope. When I get this close to a cruise I get very little sleep. After the meeting today, I've got a ton of cruise related stuff to do. Between picking up last minute dry cleaning and doing a bit of last minute cruise related shopping, it will be a very busy afternoon.

Tomorrow, I'll be taking be taking our beloved Golden Retriever Misha to his vacation spot while we are gone. It will be a solo trip as it's too hard for Holli to part from her boy for three weeks. She does go with me however to pick him up as she can't wait to be with him upon returning. It's truly amazing to see the interaction between them after being separated. Even though Misha is closing in on 13, he still acts like a puppy when he see's his mom after time apart.

I really get a kick out of the last several days before flyaway. So much going on and so much to get excited about.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, just wanted to pop in and wish you and your wife a great time aboard the CB. I will be following along, from my comfy armchair.

To the poster who asked is there a Northampton? the answer is yes, there is.

During your trip I will be boarding the similar Star Princess for an Alaskan trip and I hope you'll tune in to my review around September 19th. when and if I get back.

Norris, CB fan.

Thanks Norris. I'm sure you will have a great cruise on the Star.....:):):)

Bob

Happy sailing and will be following. Our next cruise will be on CB. A gift to my wife who has had a stressful year as High School PTO President and then getting our only child daughter off to college. Our first cruise without our daughter in 18 years. Hoping (and expecting) that CB will provide the relief she needs.

I'm sure you and your DW will have a great cruise on the CB.....:).

All the best Bob and Holli. I was on the same cruise with you both last time. Hopefully, I get back to Iceland. Beautiful country and sometime cruise again with you both.

Hi Sarah. Nice to hear from you. I hope all is well down under. I think back to our get togethers in Churchils. Good times.....:)

Bob

Very happy that you and Holli are getting to go on this journey. Have lots of fun and make new memories.

This trip is on my bucket list so will be following with great interest.

Hi Ann. You don't know how special this cruise is going to be. Especially after our several near cancellations.....:):):)

Bob

Hi! I'm glad you started this forum. My friends Harriet, Gene & Nadine are sailing with you. I introduced them to Cruise Critic and have been lurking on your roll call and will continue lurking here 😊

Wishing you all a wonderful cruise with calm seas and sunny skies 😎

Norris, CB fan.

Looking forward to your review, too, Norris! I've read others you've done & remember enjoying them! Have a great cruise!

Happy Sailing!