Alcohol in the morning

babs135

There was a thread on NCL recently about having an alcoholic drink at breakfast. Whilst there were one or two suggestions for drinks, the thread veered slightly off topic by discussing drunken behaviour.

I thought it might be fun to open the thread to the wider CC community and see what drinks people would have with their breakfast.

If I can get an enchilada for breakfast, I'm having a beer with it.

Always remember, never forget...You only go around once.....so you might as well go around drunk.

I make it a point for them to lose money giving me the drink package and will without hesitation enjoy a few Bloody Mary's with my breakfast, just to take the edge off before I start drinking for the day. My Bride said that I was an alcoholic and I told her that I was not an alcoholic, I was a drunk. She said what is the difference? I told her that alcoholics go to meetings and drunks don't. .......I'm just kidding! (not really)

Cheers!:D

You guys sound like a blast. Happy cruising. :D

As for me, I'm afraid I love to start the day with a mimosa...or two...and have nothing interesting or unusual to suggest.

Edited by krista4

N

Let's see; what I'll have as a beverage at a Saturday breakfast or Sunday brunch with friends:

Mimosa

Bellini

Bloody Mary

any juice with a little vodka added (Cape Codder, Screwdriver, Greyhound, etc)

For those who like Bloody Marys:

If you are near any St. Regis hotel, stop into the bar and ask for their signature "Mary" cocktail. The original Bloody Mary was concocted at The St. Regis New York. Now, each St. Regis around the world has it's own riff on the original. It usually costs as much as a breakfast (:eek:), but some are darn good. So far, my favorite is from The St. Regis Florence (I've sampled them at 6 StRs so far)...

Your mention of the bar at St. Regis NYC (called King Cole.l Bar) b rings a smile tgo my face. Some very fun times there pre-d inner.with good HAL friends. tIt is a great bar.

Sprak of Belinis', gthe first I ever had was at Harry's Bar in Venice. Sure went down smoothly.

Edited by sail7seas

N

Your mention of the bar at St. Regis NYC (called King Cole.l Bar) b rings a smile tgo my face. Some very fun times there pre-d inner.with good HAL friends. tIt is a great bar.

Sprak of Belinis', gthe first I ever had was at Harry's Bar in Venice. Sure went down smoothly.

A copy of the King Cole mural hung in the employee cafeteria of one of the hotels I worked at. The tale of the original mural - Maxfield Parish painted JJ Astor as King Cole. The look on everyone's face is supposed to show what happened when "The King" passed gas... Always told in employee orientation. So snarky - to have a luxurious old-world bar in a classy hotel and the big mural that welcomes you to the Bar is of a guy farting :D

If you ever get to Florence, go to the bar at the St. Regis there and order their signature Brunello Mary.

Edited by slidergirl

There was a thread on NCL recently about having an alcoholic drink at breakfast. Whilst there were one or two suggestions for drinks, the thread veered slightly off topic by discussing drunken behaviour.

I thought it might be fun to open the thread to the wider CC community and see what drinks people would have with their breakfast.

Pineapple and Patron. Picked that up from hearing someone next to me order one, and it's quite nice :)

We were told to tryg Amaretto in our coffee on our last cruise and I have to say it was yummy.....;) it's our new favorite in the morning.

Not a breakfast drink, but Amaretto (a good one) hot with cream on top is yummy. Not talking about mixing it with hot choc/coffee or anything just straight.

I like it as it comes too but the hot version is yum and 25 years after discovering it, I still like this tipple when the mood takes.

Bloody Maria. But only on sea days.

Please explain. Never heard of either

Traditional Mexican hangover remedy. Menudo is a soup with tripe in it. Not my thing, to be honest. Michelada is a drink -- sort of a Bloody Mary with a salt-rimmed glass and beer instead of vodka. I actually prefer the chelada -- salt-rimmed glass, crushed ice, juice of a lime, habanero, fill with Mexican beer. Very refreshing, serve with jicama dusted with chili powder.

Edited by s2kreno