Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Well it's almost time for the next round of releases, maybe tonight?? Probably not:cool:
Some Royal bigwig did a live blog yesterday and said it would be next week, likely Friday. I sent a question whining re: having to wear helmets for open skating. He read aloud the kudos but neglected to mention or answer my question but such is life.

Does anyone know whether Hawaii usually comes out with Australia or with Alaska?

The last two years they were NOT released with Alaska, but later on. You can usually find the release dates by looking at the ThreadStarter of the rollcall.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

There's rumors going on about Adventure either sailing from Cape Liberty or Norfolk.

If she's staying in American waters, I'd tend to Cape Liberty since for 2017 a full NJ season for Rhapsody was planned but dropped due to the retirement of Legend otS.

Maybe RCI is intending a full NJ season again, with Adventure in 2018.

How about Norfolk? Does it have any size restrictions by port or due to any bridge?

There's rumors going on about Adventure either sailing from Cape Liberty or Norfolk...

I made a joke about a ship going to Norfolk, I think that may have started the rumor about Adventure. I don't see Adventure going to Norfolk.

Adventure Of The Seas coming to Norfolk....Per Bob

#AdventureoftheSeas

#AdventureinNorfolk

#BobAlwaysRight

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This made me smile!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

How about Norfolk? Does it have any size restrictions by port or due to any bridge?

No restrictions but what are the chances of a ship being home ported there when no one else is doing it and RCI doesn't even have it as a port of call for the past year.

Some Royal bigwig did a live blog yesterday and said it would be next week, likely Friday. I sent a question whining re: having to wear helmets for open skating. He read aloud the kudos but neglected to mention or answer my question but such is life.

Friday ? ...Usually it's mid-week.

Will the new Caribbean itineraries be available for booking tomorrow or are they just releasing the schedules? My only experience is with the mouse and we are trying to book for December 2018 on RCCL.

Itineraries will probably become available Tuesday evening. There will not be any other info released beforehand.

Same issue here... I called and they won't adjust the taxes and port fees. The RCL agent tried to rebook it but the price I got on the first release day was better than the prices they are advertising today. I agreed to leave it alone but it is quite annoying to see that others have successfully got RCL to adjust the fees and taxes to the lower price.

The strange explanation/excuse I received is that the taxes and fees can change daily and they have no control over that. That does g sound right, but whatever! It was a savings of $84 for the three of us but I guess I should just be happy I got a descent price on the cruise fare to begin with.

That's the same explanation I got. Sounded very fishy to me. The taxes DO NOT change daily. They are set, and that's that. Supposedly it was a glitch on RC's part, and they just don't want to "fess up". I'll have to have my TA handle it since they won't talk to me about my booking anymore. :mad: