ez air changes

charliebartine

we are booked for transatlantic cruise, october 8. just received info on changes in flights. changes have been made to both ends of cruise.

our new schedules include 3 hour delays, both going and coming. am thinking we should have purchased flights directly with airlines

Of course, you realize that if you had booked those same flights with the airlines, the changes would have still been made....;)

Same thing happened to us earlier this year. Wasn't EZair's fault, the goofy airlines cancelled the flights three months before the cruise and they had to find new ones for us. We ended up with less-than-optimal flight schedules.

we are booked for transatlantic cruise, october 8. just received info on changes in flights. changes have been made to both ends of cruise.

our new schedules include 3 hour delays, both going and coming. am thinking we should have purchased flights directly with airlines

Blame the airline!

In our case the changes were Delta, but it could have been any airline.

IF your tickets have already been purchased, you can call the airline directly and work out a new routing with them. There might not be anything better though. If tickets have not been purchased, you need to work thru Princess to do the best you can get.

We had one flight where we had specifically chosen the airline because it would have allowed us to leave after work/school and get to Florida the night before the cruise. The airline changed us to something the next day that would have had us missing the ship! A call to the airline resulted in something the original day but many hours earlier--everyone missed 1/2 day. The irritating thing is that I could have done that on a cheaper airline.

Changes can happen no matter how you book. I just found out today, my self-booked flight on Virgin in March was changed. 2 hours earlier for the first leg.

I have EZAir booked for the return flight and changed to 5 minutes earlier for takeoff. Given we have over five months, I would not be surprised if there were more changed.

That's not an EZ Air issue; it's an airline issue. Airlines change their schedules often. Call EZ Air, and they'll contact the airline to see if there's a better option for you at the same price.

This is so true. It is an airline issue, but if you booked EZ Air then any changes to your flight by you should be through EZ Air.

We are booked for travel in October for a wedding and have had four changes so far by the airline, net effect less than 1/2 hour difference. However Delta really tried to mess up one of our cruises that we booked via Princess, enough that I have never booked with Delta again, so far.

One can also get some EZ Air choices not confirmed when using the web based tool - again this is not Princess, but the airline which refuses to confirm the selected trip or fare.

That's not an EZ Air issue; it's an airline issue. Airlines change their schedules often. Call EZ Air, and they'll contact the airline to see if there's a better option for you at the same price.

Agree. It is not unusual for airlines to change schedules.

Airlines change flights, flight numbers, planes with different capacity all the time. Has nothing to do with who you booked the flight with.

One of the weirdest that's happened to me was flying from Santiago at 11pm to LA via Miami. Checked in, got my boarding pass not only for Miami but LA as well. Arrived in MIA at 5:30am only to find that my flight to LA was two hours later than scheduled and had a completely different flight number. My boarding pass was useless. AA had rebooked me on the new flight in coach whereas I'd booked Business Class. I was exhausted after being up for over 24 hours and crabby. Got it straightened out.

We had the same thing happen to us several weeks ago. Only we were notified by the airline – not Princess (possibly because I had already entered our frequent flyer information into our reservation). We originally had a connecting flight with a 90-minute layover. The new flight that they gave us had a 6-hour layover. After spending some time talking with the airlines rep, they finally placed us on a non-stop at no upcharge. It pays to be persistent.

On another note, we may be on the same cruise. We are on the Rome to Fort Lauderdale leaving on Oct 8th.

I am Hopi g. Ever to use Delta again. I am a get that they can keep changing the vs. It is false advertising. I chose a flight with them based on the price and the times of the flights which were best for us. I might have chosen another airline. Two years ago when we went to Barcelona they changed our flight 4 times. We ended up sitting in airports for over 3 hrs each leg of the trip. It's the same as choosing a sofa only to have some other furniture delivered. It should be against the law.

I am Hopi g. Ever to use Delta again. I am a get that they can keep changing the vs. It is false advertising. I chose a flight with them based on the price and the times of the flights which were best for us. I might have chosen another airline. Two years ago when we went to Barcelona they changed our flight 4 times. We ended up sitting in airports for over 3 hrs each leg of the trip. It's the same as choosing a sofa only to have some other furniture delivered. It should be against the law.

I agree it's aggravating to have your flights changed...but just about every flight on every airline I've ever booked has seen some change or another...it's just the price we pay to enjoy traveling...

There are many more issues involved then just blaming the airline. Equipment, gates, landing schedules, crew. Do you really think airlines- like doing these changes?

Especially those who seem to book way ahead, and getting that "perfect" flight. All those factors are NOT even known yet when bookings first open up, they are estimates, and every airline is involved in this.

Another factor- that is specific for the cruiseline booked air- is their contracts and the type of tickets you are purchasing. It isn't always going to be open to you EVERY flight- and that nonstop you think you are entitled to. There are all kinds of fare codes with a lot of the cheap cruise bulk fares very restrictive.

Assumptions make it look simple and easy to find fault. It is far different being reality and factually based.

I appreciate you guys are talking mostly about internal US flights, but FWIW, I think the moral is: -Always use an EU regulated airline for transatlantic flights.

EU law, actually EU regulation 261/2004, means that you will be entitled for compensation for arrival delays of more than three hours when flying from Europe to the US irrespective of the airline flown, but you will only receive compensation for flights from the US to Europe if the airline is an EU airline.

Codeshare fights depend upon the nationality of the carrier, so if you fly from MIA to LHR with BA on an AA issued ticket with an AA flight code you are covered, but not if you fly MIA to LHR with AA on a BA issued ticket with a BA flight code.

There are reasons which may remove the airlines liability, including bad weather, industrial action, political problems, security or safety issues, air traffic management decisions, eg, airspace shut due to volcanic ash.

Technical problems caused by an event that is "out of the ordinary" eg, a hidden manufacturing defect are not covered, but normal "wear and tear" is covered meaning most delays caused by the aircraft going "technical" do qualify for compensation as are delays and cancellation due to staffing problems and underbooking.

The level compensation for delay has nothing to do with the cost of the flight and is fixed at €300 for delays of 3-4 hours and €600 for delays of over 4 hours, though take note that some UK airlines, including BA charge an admin fee of £25 for an unsuccessful claim.

If the delay is more than 5 hours in addition to your option to be rerouted, you are entitled to the option of a full refund irrespective of whether or not your ticket was issued on a non-refundable basis. This is in addition to the compensation for delay.

None of this removes the airlines responsibility to look after you and get you to your destination once you have checked in and if they reroute you and you arrive late then you will still be entitled to compensation.

If the flight is cancelled before you check in you have all sorts of options.

If the flight is cancelled between 7 and 14 days before your scheduled departure then if your alternative flight is scheduled to leaves more than two hours before your original schedule, or to arrive up to 4 hours later than your original schedule, then you are entitled to €300 in addition to any delay compensation. If it is scheduled to arrive more than 4 hours later, then the compensation increase to €600.

If the flight is cancelled within 7 days of scheduled departure, you become entitled to compensation if your new schedule leaves more than 1 hour earlier than your original schedule.

You are also entitled to €600 if you are bumped from a transatlantic flight, plus delay compensation, though this is rarely imposed in practice as, rather than "bump" people, airlines tend run an auction and make offers below this until they find enough people tempted to take the airline equivalent of a "move over" offer.

There are also rules which relate to flights within Europe which have lower levels of compensation but cut in earlier, but these clearly don't apply to internal US flights and are therefore not relevant to this thread though.

As you might imagine, we don't seem to have the same problems as you guys do with airlines messing around and cancelling flights.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

While schedule changes are at the discretion of the airlines, the most frustrating flying experience I have had- in a very long time- was booking through EZ Air. In the end, I had to spend hours on the phone with several airlines to get the mess straightened out-- Princess would not even deal with it. Now, no matter the cost of the flight- I book with the airline.

While schedule changes are at the discretion of the airlines, the most frustrating flying experience I have had- in a very long time- was booking through EZ Air. In the end, I had to spend hours on the phone with several airlines to get the mess straightened out-- Princess would not even deal with it. Now, no matter the cost of the flight- I book with the airline.

I totally agree with you - we now book only directly with the airlines! Although I also agree that there is no way to avoid being messed with by the airlines, seems like it happens a lot with our travels, it is just easier to fix or deal with when Princess is not involved, as Princess was absolutely no help to us.

See my earlier post. Three hours delay on your original schedule is the cut-in point for automatic compensation for your homebound flight from Europe. Regulation and right to compensation applies to all flights leaving an EU airport irrespective of nationality of the airline.

It doesn't matter if the new flight arrives on schedule. Right to delay compensation is automatic and is calculated with respect to your originally booked schedule.

For some reason airlines almost always forget to tell you about your rights when they inform you of the change in schedule :confused:

I totally agree with you - we now book only directly with the airlines! Although I also agree that there is no way to avoid being messed with by the airlines, seems like it happens a lot with our travels, it is just easier to fix or deal with when Princess is not involved, as Princess was absolutely no help to us.

How early do you book thru the airline and what kind of insurance do you have? We have always used EZ air which saves our behinds when we sailed on the CB from Houston. But we are going to Alaska next year and want very specific seats and the extended legroom as its a cross-country flight for us.

What kind of insurance covers them moving the flight too late/early if I buy now for a May 2017 flight? And what does Princess/airline cover if the ship is delayed returning?

How early do you book thru the airline and what kind of insurance do you have? We have always used EZ air which saves our behinds when we sailed on the CB from Houston. But we are going to Alaska next year and want very specific seats and the extended legroom as its a cross-country flight for us.

What kind of insurance covers them moving the flight too late/early if I buy now for a May 2017 flight? And what does Princess/airline cover if the ship is delayed returning?

I can only tell you our experience - when the airlines have really messed with our flights I contact them directly and they work with me on finding a flight that works for us. It has not been a problem, insurance was not necessary to solve the problem. We also buy insurance and only have used it once when my Mom was put in Hospice and we had to cancel our flight - it was through Allianz, they were easy to work with. The one time we used EZAir our issues were way before the flight, I contacted Princess, they told me to contact the airline, the airline then told me to contact Princess - neither would help. When we used EZair we paid in full immediately, that included the cruise, so that our tickets would be issued and we could pick our seats. We did not need to any help from Princess after the first problem - so maybe they would have been great.

It's not always blame the airline. I've been on roll calls where people's flights were just changed. Ie, they booked Vancouver to ft lauderdale on air Canada through Toronto and 2 weeks before the cruise got switched to Delta through Atlanta. We booked independently on those AC flights, they never changed. We avoid cruise line air.