Many bad Jewel reviews lately?

So.....two changes? And yes, Oasis has an actual "Park cafe" location. On the Jewel, Brilliance, and enchantment the Solarium had an area that they set up for late night snacks,during the day serve food items as Park Cafe- the Kemmelwick sandwiches. That;s all I was trying to convey, along with trying to be positive.

We were disappointed that Jewel did not add a Park Cafe like on her sisters Serenade, Brilliance and Radiance. Really like the salad bar in the Solarium but for whatever reason it wasn't there on Jewel.

I knew you were being positive. Just wanted to clarify for those who may be sailing on Jewel now. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We were disappointed that Jewel did not add a Park Cafe like on her sisters Serenade, Brilliance and Radiance. Really like the salad bar in the Solarium but for whatever reason it wasn't there on Jewel.

I knew you were being positive. Just wanted to clarify for those who may be sailing on Jewel now. Thanks for sharing your experience.

But does the pizzeria serve Kummelwreck?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes....called them Roast Beef sandwiches in my post above. Not sure if it was every day but did see the famous "Kummelweck" sandwiches.

:D:D Thanks, Laura will be on for a month and I originally told her it had a Park Cafe like BR. :eek: oops.

Edited by John&LaLa

Thanks for the positive feedback!!

It makes me feel better about this upcoming cruise.

I do hope the solarium has an open roof as I like the idea of a adult area with pool but want to feel the open air and get some sun.

Pilotboy, nice to see you respond. We booked the same larger interior cabin as chatted about on a previous thread and think we will be happy about that choice.

Lots of good information here on cruise critic!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on Jewel

Enjoying the cruise.

Main gripe is lack of entertainment.

A enjoyable headliner show second night and a great show from very funny string quartet.

Then very little last 2 nights.

Also had to complain about ' toilet' smell in Schooner Bar area.

Our experience has been that the Solarium on Vision and Radiance class ships are rarely opened.

I did see it opened partially to let paint fumes out when they repainted the pool ;)

cracked.jpg

To the OP, we are going on Jewel for the 3rd time. We enjoyed her both times, but with regard to the food, we had a wonderful time and great meals on her in 2012 when we did a 5 day cruise. We had exceptional food and a couple of really good items not on other menus. When we sailed her on a 7 day, we got the worst service in the MDR, but the food was ok. I think dinner in their Windjammer is the best in the fleet.

Just off Jewel ( last week) from a Greek Isle cruise. The ship is in great shape. We had one of the new cabins on deck 11, very handy for pool and solarium. The roof was only opened on one day, not sure why not on the others as it was very hot. Food was good, as usual. Entertainment was not so good but it depends on what you like. Four Tops were brilliant. The tv and film schedules were not good for us. There will always be little niggles but all in all we had a great experience, as we always do.

• 1 month later...
Currently on Jewel

Enjoying the cruise.

Main gripe is lack of entertainment.

A enjoyable headliner show second night and a great show from very funny string quartet.

Then very little last 2 nights.

Also had to complain about ' toilet' smell in Schooner Bar area.

We just got off the Jewel too. Saw 3 great shows, but did think the entertainment for a 9 day cruise was lacking too. It was our first time on the Jewel and it is a nice ship, but I like the layout of the Voyager Class ships better. I especially enjoy the Promenade and how easy it is to find everything. On the Jewel, things were scattered on different decks and much harder for me to find. Really enjoyed the cruise and the ports.

Mlrdking

Laura is onboard now. Not happy with MDR food. The WJ is quite nice though. Had rack of lamb last night. Crew is great

Thank you! We had awful MDR food/service on the Allure, so the bar isn't set too high here. Hope shes having a great time.

Laura is onboard now. Not happy with MDR food. The WJ is quite nice though. Had rack of lamb last night. Crew is great

Do you know if they are offering a wine package in the MDR now. They had one when we sailed on the JEWEL last year. We will be on her again Nov.27

If there is no wine package I am thinking of gifting our wine to our cabin.

Counting the days till our cruise. Would love to hear more of your comments.

Do you know if they are offering a wine package in the MDR now. They had one when we sailed on the JEWEL last year. We will be on her again Nov.27

If there is no wine package I am thinking of gifting our wine to our cabin.

Counting the days till our cruise. Would love to hear more of your comments.

We were on Jewel in May and there were no wine packages offered. Just off Brilliance. No wine packages any more. The picture below shows wines that were offered in the MDR at 20% off. Focus seems to be on drink pkgs.

ffc029d701f494cf9974541683fd804c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

For those on Jewel now or were in the last months. How is internet?

I consider the surf & stream package as it is only $ 10 a day.

How would it be on a transatlantic voyage? I would be using it for social media and what's app to post photos or small videos.

And does it work in your cabin or only in public spaces?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by harola

Hey Ontariotraveller, we're not that far away we're just in Hagersville

Were up in Barrie, the hardest part about these southern routes is finding a decent flight from Toronto to San Juan. Almost impossible.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

For those on Jewel now or were in the last months. How is internet?

I consider the surf & stream package as it is only $ 10 a day.

How would it be on a transatlantic voyage? I would be using it for social media and what's app to post photos or small videos.

And does it work in your cabin or only in public spaces?

Thanks

Laura is in an aft balcony and it seems fine. Not sure if it will do video. We did Skype call. Using the free days for D+ this trip. Will follow up when she starts TA