How much more do I need?

wishfulone

Partially correct. In the case of the steak, it is merely the Chops meat, it is still prepared in the MDR galley :(

And I don't think they have the sauces and I know you don't get the sides. :mad:

I've never ordered the Lobster, and I won't order the steak again.

Chops cost more for a reason. ;)

Three people at my table ordered the Chops steak last week. They all looked great. All diners were extremely happy.

:)

Three people at my table ordered the Chops steak last week. They all looked great. All diners were extremely happy.

Was there an extra discount? On our March sailing they were pushing the Chops steak option and I seem to remember it being down to about $15 with the discount.

You're on Grandeur, correct? It was disappointing on Brilliance last fall.

Were they offered the sauces served in Chops? Our Head Waiter seemed unfazed by Laura's disappointment.

You're on Grandeur, correct? It was disappointing on Brilliance last fall.

Were they offered the sauces served in Chops? Our Head Waiter seemed unfazed by Laura's disappointment.

I saw our assistant waiter bring one of those tripartite gravy servers around. I didn't look to see what was in them, but that seems to imply the Chops sauces.

I didn't know Australia is like PA.;)

Not Australia, the people who live there. I don't like it, I never tried it, I won't try it.....negative, not open to new exciting experiences.....OP would fit right in my former hometown.

Ok, here is the menu. It is for the Anthem, but it will probably be the same on the Oasis.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/Anthem_of_the_Seas_Menus.pdf

You will see in the CENTER of the menu, the FREE lobster tail and to the RIGHT of the menu are the Up Charge items.

Anyone have any idea IF this is the menu on the INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS?

What do you consider a "complimentary option"?

Everything on the MDR menu aside from the 3 upgrade options. sorrentos, windjammer, wipe out, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade (food not coffees), room service (unless between 12am and 5am), Boardwalk doghouse, Johnny Rockets at breakfast, Solarium bistro at breakfast and lunch (and according to recent posts possibly now dinner as well) are all complimentary options/included in the fare however you'd like to look at it. Just saying there are plenty of dining options available on board without ever having to pay for anything additional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

;)

What on earth are you talking about??? Either someone has been lying to you, or you're just determined to hate this cruise.

My son and I just cruised on Oasis a couple weeks ago. The only charges we paid were the daily "gratuities" fee charged to our account and the soda package that I paid for in advance.

I ate in the MDR every night, and on Lobster Night we each had a lobster tail AND a prime rib. No charge.

We didn't eat in Johnny Rockets, which has a charge, and we didn't eat in any of the other specialty restaurants, but we certainly didn't want for things to eat!

Park Cafe, Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade, Boardwalk Dogs, Windjammer buffet, Main Dining Room... PLENTY of free food available every day!

But if you're bound and determined to have a crappy time, by all means, continue to believe the lies and lock yourself in your room for the whole week. :rolleyes:

I agree with what you say, at one time I sold cruises. I learned, before I started, how to match clients and the right cruise lines/ ships. A cruise is like any other part of life " what you make it"! If you do anything in life with a negative attitude, negative is all you are going to get! If you go on a vacation (or anything) with a positive attitude - sunshine is what you will get! Talking about cruising and the great service that you get, someone once told me " how can you not love someone spending their entire day waiting on you hand and foot and wanting to please you 100%, even if you are in their cheapest cabin?" And I agree, even on one of our cruises that we rated, "terrible", we still had a great time, because WE made sure we had a good time. After all it 'was' our money. :)

We're just so over RC before we even board the Oasis. There's so many negatives around it and RC in general. We'll just go enjoy the cruise we've booked, pay what it costs, and forget about sailing with RC ever again.

Going in with a negative attitude, will not allow you to enjoy your cruise. Don't let the sour grapes of a minority of cruisers, ruin a cruise.. If you are that dead set about having a good time, cancel... Put your money into something you KNOW you will enjoy..

NOT true. You can have as many lobster tails that you want FREE. The Oasis is an amazing ship and it will blow you away. TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN. The best ship I have ever been on.

I totally agree with you. We just got off the Oasis on Saturday, and we are scheduled to go again on the Oasis on October 3rd. That will be our 5th time on this Royal Caribbean ship (Oasis) alone. The new main dining room menu selections were terrific. We found no need or desire to pay extra for a specialty restaurant. We are Diamond Plus members, so obviously we are "loyal to Royal". To WISHFULONE--give Royal Caribbean a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

This entire thread has the feel of a fishing expedition.

I agree on this. The OP posted some rather strange and irrational comments on their roll call thread earlier today. This thread should die, the OP is not looking for any information in my opinion, probably just trolling and they caught a few.

I read this entire thread. It was fascinating! Thanks to the OP for the lure and thanks guys for the good read. How much do I have to pay Royal for this? I read somewhere that there are fees added to my sign and sail for entertainment received on RCI specific forums. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by MelissaMcC

Don't let the sour grapes of a minority of cruisers, ruin a cruise..

But what sour grapes are they listening to? They haven't explained at all. I checked out their cruise thread and they went to 11 on the 1-10 reaction scale over nothing. Who told them you have to pay for soap? Why do they feel the MDR food is so bad just because they have options to get more expensive things? That's the question (for those who try to take people at face value and never understand why someone would fake an issue in message boards).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other words the MDR is not dining room quality food unless you pay for it. At that rate I can see last RC cruise written in huge letters before we even get on board.

Totally disagree with that. We were on Allure (sister ship of Oasis) and we quite enjoyed the MDR experience and food. There were some dishes that were hit and miss, but you can say that anywhere. We did not do one specialty restaurant, brought our own 2 bottles of wine, and aside from the soda package, didn't have many onboard expenses.

I hope you enjoy your cruise...and are able to go into it with a bit more of a positive attitude. The Oasis class is amazing...and Royal in general is a fantastic line.

In the 6 nights we dined in the MDR on Oasis we had very good food with out choosing an upgrade item

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had similar experiences on our recent 24 nights on the Serenade and only ate in specialty restaurants on 4 of those nights. Food that we ordered in the MDR was generally very good and the service was exemplary and we never ordered the special upcharge items.:)

Not really. We'll enjoy the cruise to the upmost but if everything costs big time we just won't sail with Royal Caribbean again.

We've never paid extra for any food we've had on a cruise. We usually eat in the MDR or windjammer. The food is fine. I don't see a need for a specialty restaurant. Others do, and it is their choice. But you don't HAVE to.

We're just so over RC before we even board the Oasis. There's so many negatives around it and RC in general. We'll just go enjoy the cruise we've booked, pay what it costs, and forget about sailing with RC ever again.

For what it is worth I have cruised on several lines ( RCCL, NCL, Princess, Carnival ) and the Oasis/ Allure are my favorite ships. You don't really feel the crowds at all due to the neighborhood concept, the service was really good and there were so many things to do on the ship in the evening ( that you do not have to pay for)

I would go in with an open mind. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised!