Coast guard inspection

inkboy95

Sailing on Liberty of the seas next Sunday the 25 of September. Family were sailing with got a text saying boarding will be by deck at specific times due to a mandatory coast guard inspection. We never got a text or a message, called Royal they said they didn't know anything about it. Anybody else get this message? Thanks

I'm on that cruise and I did receive the text. Besides the designated boarding times, they have delayed boarding 1 hour. Instead of starting boarding at 10:30, it will start at 11:30. The mandatory USCG drill they are having require no guest on board. I was planning on being there at 10:30, now I'll probably show up around 1 or so, I'm sure it's going to be packed at 11:30 if a lot of people didn't get the message. There is quite a conversation going on on our roll call about this.

I wonder if this has something to do with the lifeboat accident on Harmony. could they be reviewing the lifeboat equipment on various ships... I believe Norwegian had something similar happen in Bermuda just a month or so earlier. It will be interesting to see if all ships go through something like this

I wonder if this has something to do with the lifeboat accident on Harmony. could they be reviewing the lifeboat equipment on various ships... I believe Norwegian had something similar happen in Bermuda just a month or so earlier. It will be interesting to see if all ships go through something like this

Maybe but then maybe not. We had a delayed boarding due to a Coast Guard inspection and there were no previous incidents.

It's not the usual message:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Liberty of the Seas from Galveston on September 25.

Liberty of the Seas will conduct a mandatory US Coastguard safety drill on this day which will take place after all guests from the previous cruise have disembarked. For this reason, the check-in and boarding times have been revised. To ensure that your vacation gets off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate the check-in process, we ask that you arrive at the terminal according to the following designated times. This will help a smooth embarkation experience so that your vacation can begin as soon as possible:

• Deck 10: 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM

• Deck 9: 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM

• Deck 8: 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM

• Deck 7: 1:15 PM – 2:00 PM

• Deck 6: 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM

• Deck 2 & 3: 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM

I wondered if it had something to do with the Harmony accident too? I realize that CG does them other times as well, but sometimes an incident will prompt additional inspections. (or at least it does at our agency)

Edited by Coralc

If all the guests have to be off the ship, I'm just wondering how this would work with back to back cruisers? When we've done a b2b in the past, we got off, went through customs and got right back on again. The whole process took maybe 10 minutes.

Just curious.

If all the guests have to be off the ship, I'm just wondering how this would work with back to back cruisers? When we've done a b2b in the past, we got off, went through customs and got right back on again. The whole process took maybe 10 minutes.

Just curious.

As a b2b cruiser you will get off around the normal time, but you will be kept in the terminal until the CG inspection is finished and then you will be the first group to board the ship.

Pure speculation on your part and my speculation would be probably not as Coast Guard inspections are routine with every cruise ship. So at some point all cruise ships undergo inspections, and not necessarily for any specific cause.

I'm on that cruise and I did receive the text. Besides the designated boarding times, they have delayed boarding 1 hour. Instead of starting boarding at 10:30, it will start at 11:30. The mandatory USCG drill they are having require no guest on board. I was planning on being there at 10:30, now I'll probably show up around 1 or so, I'm sure it's going to be packed at 11:30 if a lot of people didn't get the message. There is quite a conversation going on on our roll call about this.

Can you please post at your convenience what actually happens. Just interested to know. Thanks.