Oasis CK - In a JS & no ability to make reservations?

MikeBTN

Sailing in 39 days. Upgraded to a JS about a week ago (after final payment & docs were issued) - CK is not an option for booking a dinner reservation. Is this normal? A function of me upgrading so late?

Hi Mike. I'm sailing on the Oasis in 11 days in a Crown Loft Suite. Booked about six months ago. Was able to prebook Chops and Giovanni's, but CK has never shown up as an option on my Cruise Planner.

Hi Mike. I'm sailing on the Oasis in 11 days in a Crown Loft Suite. Booked about six months ago. Was able to prebook Chops and Giovanni's, but CK has never shown up as an option on my Cruise Planner.

Interesting. I can't remember if I could book CK on Allure when we sailed in a GS or not. Shouldn't be much of an issue - we had no troubles getting a seat last time.

Sailing in 39 days. Upgraded to a JS about a week ago (after final payment & docs were issued) - CK is not an option for booking a dinner reservation. Is this normal? A function of me upgrading so late?

Go there asap when you board and try to make reservations for the rest of the week. You won't be able to make reservations after the first day because you are in a JS. Depending on how many people already made reservations you might not be able to make reservations at all. They'll tell you that they will waitlist you for any cancellations. JS only get "access" to CK and that can literally mean you just get to walk in and be told no.

• 11 months later...
We're sailing on Oasis and were told we can't book in advance to CK (grand suite). Does that sound right? Should I contact the concierge in advance?

The concierges should send you a "Welcome E-Mail 5 to 7 days before your cruise. You can then request that they forward your Coastal Kitchen dinner requests to the Coastal Kitchen Manager. We have done this on our past Oasis class sailings,

including our sailing on the Oasis tomorrow. Without exception, requests were always confirmed.

Hi Mike. We are sailing on Oasis in 21 days in a junior we normally pick. We always eat late and get reservations for 800 or so. In our last 3 0r 4 times we have never had a problem on Allure or Oasis . If you are planning around 530-630 you may have a problem. When you get on board or after in cabin dial 7000 and they will connect you. If you would rather go to deck 17 and the door on the right side. (Your JS suite card will not open the door, Many complaints from cruisers in the past). Stand close up to the glass and knock on door and attendant in just inside on left at desk. If you can't get one on 1st night which is Filet night, not as busy on second night & I like the Rib eye. Ist. formal and many like to have pictures, Captains speech, etc around 730 to 800. Hope you enjoy. Bob Florida:):):):)

Just an FYI

Had no problems getting a table at the time we wanted in CK 3 weeks ago on Allure.

We were in a CL, but not crowded here.

Always empty tables,

Could it be that the Star class get all the dining venues, pay and CK included with their suite?? Probably.

All that I know is that we witnessed first hand many available tables in the CK, one night we were not their went to Chops but doubt it was busy that night.

Enjoy, we did.

Safe travels.

I am on the Allure currently and in a Sky class suite.

My understanding that you can only book once on board. Did notice one person in JS trying to book for whole week but was declined. Needed to make a reservation each day subject to availability.

On the whole I didn't find it difficult getting reservations and the restaurant manager was very helpful.

I am on oasis – on a back to back in a JS for both cruises. I was able to make reservations every evening for coastal kitchen for the first cruise once on board. But.......

I tried to do that from my cruise next week and my request was denied. I was told that all of the full suites are booked, and because there are over 60 pinnacle members expected, that I might not get a reservation at all for every night. She would not even make a reservation for us for the first night at the next cruise (Sunday - tomorrow ).

We had a standing reservation for 7:30 for every night this week, and wanted the same for next week. Just for comparison purposes – I think there are 50 or so pinnacles on this cruise.

I went online and looked at the sea class benefits. It mentions coastal kitchen for dinner and there was no mention of it being on a space available basis. Dinner on Coastal Kitchen Is listed as an actual benefit. It will be interesting to see if we are able to get reservations for the evenings we want to dine there. At some point I will try to respond to this thread.

M

I am not sure about Oasis but on anthem JS was able to book CK in advance.

On Anthem you can pre book CK in a JS but not on Oasis or Allure.

We're sailing on Oasis and were told we can't book in advance to CK (grand suite). Does that sound right? Should I contact the concierge in advance?

Yes, that is correct. Wait until the Concierge emails you 5-6 days before your sail date, advise them of your request and they'll make CK reservations for you.

Remember when Coastal had the two menus for dinner? Plenty of seating until they rolled out the seven current ones. It seems the last few visits with all the benie's on Star & Sky and with 1st two nights bogo packages, First night done right and all the prebook 3,4,5, and all inclusive dinning at specialty locations the demand has dropped. I usually only go to Coastal once or twice during week & hit a couple specialty restaurants . I won't starve if I don't get into Coastal.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida Good times and smooth seas to all:):):)

Remember when Coastal had the two menus for dinner? Plenty of seating until they rolled out the seven current ones. It seems the last few visits with all the benie's on Star & Sky and with 1st two nights bogo packages, First night done right and all the prebook 3,4,5, and all inclusive dinning at specialty locations the demand has dropped. I usually only go to Coastal once or twice during week & hit a couple specialty restaurants . I won't starve if I don't get into Coastal.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida Good times and smooth seas to all:):):)

I was a big fan of the original 2 menus. Very disappointed with the new offering, but I'll give them a chance.

I am flexible, but I'll be very unhappy if I am told no available times. As far as I know the marketing docs say CK is included with Sea Class. End of story

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I was a big fan of the original 2 menus. Very disappointed with the new offering, but I'll give them a chance.

I am flexible, but I'll be very unhappy if I am told no available times. As far as I know the marketing docs say CK is included with Sea Class. End of story

I was looking to book a JS just because of Coastal Kitchen. Then I read the reports of availability and also I just didn't like the idea of having to stand outside waiting for someone to open the door for you. So we booked Celebrity in Aqua for Blu. Hope this situation changes, because I still want to book a JS but won't do it unless I have the perk that I feel we should be entitled to.

I was looking to book a JS just because of Coastal Kitchen. Then I read the reports of availability and also I just didn't like the idea of having to stand outside waiting for someone to open the door for you. So we booked Celebrity in Aqua for Blu. Hope this situation changes, because I still want to book a JS but won't do it unless I have the perk that I feel we should be entitled to.

I agree. Either give JS the dinner perk that is equal to others who are eligible, or simply don't offer it to JS at all. It is weird having to knock on the door. I really felt like a second class citizen last evening when the hostess told me we would likely not have reservations for the upcoming week. Anxious to see how next week goes.

As a side note, we think Coastal Kitchen is better than Blu.

M

We're two months away from Pinnacle, so I'm sure I'll survive. since we'll be on Oasis 5 times before that, I hope to build a relationship with the CK manager and get it all worked out for at least 4 of our 5 weeks. :halo:

Hey John!! You just hit the 20K milestone! ;)

Yes, it lists it on the features of the JS cabins in the booking window also. Was surprised, and happy, to see it there.