Latest sale!

eyegirl

FWIW, (and I admit that it is very little), the last three cruises that I booked had their absolute lowest prices during the Red, White and Blue sale around Memorial Day (May, in the U.S.). I either booked during those sales or re-fared during those sales and never saw lower prices for my cruises ever again no matter what promotion came up. We don't buy the AIBP, so I can't say that I ever did the math to see if the higher priced cabin coupled with the free drink package might have been a better deal for those who choose to go that route. But the R,W&B sale got me a price (and pre-paid gratuities) that was never again matched by any later sale. Take this for what it is worth, which probably ain't much.

Can we speculate what the next sale will be? I think it'll be the Twice as Nice. Savings of up to $1000 on select staterooms, and up to $300 OBC on Interior/OceanView staterooms (nice). Or up to $600 OBC on Balcony, mini-suite or suite (twice as nice).

Edited by Krozulo

We initially booked our December cruise in June for about $3,600, (about $1800/person). Since then I monitored the prices weekly and was able to reduce our fare twice. We're now past final payment date and our cost was reduced to $2,900, ($1,450/person). Advertised price is again back up to about $3,600 - $3,700.

It literally pays to do your "homework."icon7.gif

We got our Dec 16 Regal when the Sip n Sail first came out long time ago. Price was great.

Now price is still the same but no perks nearly as good as what the AIBP is worth. Plus we got a boatload of OBC for various reasons (military, FCC, and others), so my OBC will pay for our tips, pictures, etc. All is non-refundable, so will use it for those things and have no problem using all the OBC up!

I always book our 7 night cruises very early and rarely do I see them go below what we paid. Almost always the price increases or perks we got are no longer offered.

Edited by karena1

There will be another non sale after this non sale.

The sale before this one coincided with a raise in the prices on my cruise that negated the value of the sale, and my TA said Princess often does this. BUT the current sale coincided with DECREASES in the prices on my cruise, so we were able to benefit with both a lower price and more perks. Sometimes a sale is really a sale!

There will be another non sale after this non sale.

I recognize that sometimes a promotion requires a passenger to pay a higher price to receive "free" perks, but not the current sale.

The current sale was good to me.

Me, too. I received $200 in OBC (because I'm sailing solo) and prepaid gratuities (a savings of $135) for my Australia cruise in early 2018 with no price increase. That's a great deal. (Thanks, Princess. :))

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Some "sales" are good for some people but not for others. We booked under the Sip n Sail for the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific Islands cruise (next October) and the cruise was the exact same price it was listed for this year without the AIBP. That worked for us.

When I booked our last cruise (13 day connoisseur cruise tour to Alaska) I booked it the morning of the first day it was available. I watched pricing and sales for the next year (actually more than a year!) and never found better pricing no matter which "sale" came along. It really does "depend" on the cruise, the type of cabin you booked, etc.

Some "sales" are good for some people but not for others. We booked under the Sip n Sail for the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific Islands cruise (next October) and the cruise was the exact same price it was listed for this year without the AIBP. That worked for us.

When I booked our last cruise (13 day connoisseur cruise tour to Alaska) I booked it the morning of the first day it was available. I watched pricing and sales for the next year (actually more than a year!) and never found better pricing no matter which "sale" came along. It really does "depend" on the cruise, the type of cabin you booked, etc.

That would be an awesome thing and to boot 28 days:eek:. Can you say "new liver"....LoL:D

Checked our cruises for 2018 which we have booked already. The 3 for free did not work for us. Actually, the cruise fair went up and when I did the math would have paid more to do the 3 for free. We are in a suite, so no upgrade option. If you had an upgrade option it would be a deal I suppose.

That would be an awesome thing and to boot 28 days:eek:. Can you say "new liver"....LoL:D

That's a $3,155.60 "perk". :)

We also have it for the 14 day Circle Caribbean the next year. $1,577.80 for that one.

I'm far too cheap to pay that kind of money for drinks on a cruise but I'll gladly take it for "free". As for the liver... Just because one could theoretically drink all day there is no reason to actually do so. Not only would I like to actually remember the cruise but the entire passenger base would be peeved at having to stop and look for my body after my wife tossed me overboard!

I do look forward to the freedom provided by the AIBP though. :D

We also have it for the 14 day Circle Caribbean the next year. $1,577.80 for that one.

I'm far too cheap to pay that kind of money for drinks on a cruise but I'll gladly take it for "free". As for the liver... Just because one could theoretically drink all day there is no reason to actually do so. Not only would I like to actually remember the cruise but the entire passenger base would be peeved at having to stop and look for my body after my wife tossed me overboard!

That is my feeling on it as well! We didn't spend much on drinks last cruise - but we were on a budget and sticking to it. Now with coffees, bottled water, and all the alcoholic beverages we could want included it will be nice to order whatever we want with no worries about wasting a drink. I intend to try out some new things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......LoL too funny!

My wife and I did get the AIBP for our Christmas cruise this year. In which she said "Just because we got the AIBP package does not mean this is going to be a drunk fest". I guess our wives think alike, I also do not want to go sleeping with the fishes.:eek:

There's always a promotion going on, but the only real 'sales' are price drops.

FYI, AIBPs are dangerous to those with no 'will power'. I had one on a Costa cruise for $24/day (less than half the price of Princess') and had to get my money's worth. It was a 7-day cruise that left me with a 3-day hangover... LOL.

There's always a promotion going on, but the only real 'sales' are price drops.

These days Princess (and its competitors) are trying to maintain price integrity by not having sales based on lower pricing, but on having promotions where the amenities have a $$$ value which means in effect a reduction in total cruise cost.

For everyone, free gratuties (if included) is definitely a price reduction.

Free OBC (if included) is also a price reduction.

Free AIBP (if included) may or may not be a price reduction depending on your normal beverage spending.