Royal Princess Becomes First Ship in Princess Cruises' Fleet to Sail with New-Look Li

LauraS

I was just on the Royal in June. I had seen the concept pictures for the Majestic and I did not think I would like it. However , now that it's executed on the Royal I am growing to like it. I love the ship and I will be sailing on it again on 16 Nov and I am looking forward to seeing it in person .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ltcal94

As someone pointed out on that other thread, the Sea Witch can also be interpreted as being a whale with its mouth open.

I do not mind the logo, but I think the "PRINCESS CRUISES" in giant letters towards the aft detracts from the look of the ship.

Edited by caribill

I really do not like it at all and do not think there is any need to waste money painting it on all the ships.

If Princess really want to go in this direction then what is wrong with leaving the existing ships paint as it already is and phasing it in with all new ships being painted in this new way. That way it comes in slowly and does not ruin the look of the ships that people have known for years as their second home when they are on holidays.

I don't understand... do you get back to the dock after a full day excursion and say, "Oh dang. Where did we park?? Anyone remember where we... Oh, there she is! I almost didn't recognize her with that paint job." :p

I love the new logo and its brings Princess with a more up to date cruise line. As for as the new added staircase for the Royal this ship will now be the best one in the fleet.

Great new

Sea ya

Eric

Feel the old fashioned ships with the lovely promenade decks have a classier look.I like the new logo though ,just white and blue.:)

Just cannot wait to get on the Emerald in April bringing her back to the Westcoast and my walks and sit downs on her promenade deck:):D

I really do not like it at all and do not think there is any need to waste money painting it on all the ships.

Unless blue paint costs more than white paint, it didn't cost much more to do this, as it was due for a scheduled paint job.

Personally, I like it, but I expect that there will be varied opinions. It is good advertising for the line. I doubt that anyone will refuse to cruise on a Princess ship due to the design.

On the other hand, I find the NCL bow "artwork" to be tacky and I think it gives the line a low end feel. That said, I did have a enjoyable cruise on their cheapest ship with friends who wanted to save money. It was lower end, but we knew what we were getting into.

Looks great to me. First time I saw the logo was when we got on the Fair Princess, didn’t realize they called it the “Sea Witch” until much later. Loved it, I’m from the transportation industry and gave it the top rating for a logo in that game.

Had it in my mind that the logo was called, the “Fair Princess”, for a long time, the flowing hair and all. Anyway, it appears to streamline the looks of the relatively blunt bow on their two largest ships, which was necessary.

What I really like though, is that now they have a public staircase next to the mid-ship elevator tower.

I like the look of the new paint. Unfortunately, it makes the "backward facing" Sea Witch on the funnel muck more obvious.

Was just gonna say that! If you're gonna do all that paint on the bow, how hard is it to turn the logo on the funnel? I know branding is a big deal but she simply looks like she's going in the wrong direction.

Just want to say I really like it! The blue paint over the white hull showing the sea witch is not overwhelming like NCL designs. It's simple and gives the ship a little personality. I have been on the Royal and Regal a couple times each and really love these ships the best in the Princess fleet. Good job Princess.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Was just gonna say that! If you're gonna do all that paint on the bow, how hard is it to turn the logo on the funnel? I know branding is a big deal but she simply looks like she's going in the wrong direction.

I don't know. It kind of looks like they're talking to one another. :)