Hotels near Pike Market

glamb

Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay close to Pike Market? We would like to just walk. We are coming in a day before our cruise and would like to explore. Also, is the Space Needle close by? Would love to see that also. I was looking at the Holiday inn downtown. It's about .08 from the Market. Would that be walkable? Thanks for any responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several years back, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites-Downtown. It's just a couple of blocks North of the Seattle Center where the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden & Glass(loved it!), EMP Museum, IMAX and a few others. You can then take the monorail(fun!) down to the Westlake Center. The walk then to the Pike Market is only about 6 blocks or so, very easy. We also walked from Westlake Center down to the Ferry terminal to ride the ferry over to Bainbridge Island for dinner. Some hills to walk for sure, but if everyone is in fair shape the walks are all fairly short. We had 2 in our party(70+) that cabbed it a couple of times, like down to the Ferry terminal, which was also very easy to do. Have fun, lots to do there, we were there 2 days before departing on Amtrak to Vancouver to catch our Northbound Coral Princess Alaska cruise. Scenic and comfortable train ride as well!

You can walk a few blocks from the Pike Market and catch a monorail to the Space Needle. As someone else said look at the west coast departure board....good info there.

Also, if you want to go to the top of the Needle you might want to go the restaurant. That way you get to bypass the very long line to get to the top, and you get to go to the top anyway, then to the restaurant. Everything considered, the restaurant price is no more than any upscale restaurant.

One more thing regarding hotels....we stayed in the airport area (lots of choices there) and caught the most excellent public transportation train (forgot the name) to near the Pike Market. Walked a few blocks to the market, then walked a few more to the monorail to the Needle. Piece of cake :)

Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay close to Pike Market? We would like to just walk. We are coming in a day before our cruise and would like to explore. Also, is the Space Needle close by? Would love to see that also. I was looking at the Holiday inn downtown. It's about .08 from the Market. Would that be walkable? Thanks for any responses.

I know it's not at Pike Place but we have stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown twice now and it is a great location with nice rooms a full breakfast, cookies, coffee & tea available in the afternoon. There are many restaurants within walking distance and there is a grocery store right across the street.

They have a shuttle that will take you to the cruise terminal for $7 pp.

Pike Place is a very nice walk only about 15 minutes or so and the monorail is nearby also.

We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown and loved it. It was absolutely beautiful and spotless. I got a very good price for it but the Hilton is also right next door and would have been my second choice. If you have a car, beware that parking, even if you are booked at a downtown hotel, can be very pricey. I think it was around $50 per day ... that's crazy!! Needless to say, I didn't get a car. Our friends stayed down by Seattle Center (I think it may have been the Hampton Inn) and they also walked to Pikes Market, albeit not as close as we were. They paid nothing for parking.

Anyhow, the Sheraton is within a few blocks to Pikes Market in a pretty safe area to walk around, even at night. It is also just a block or two from the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and everything else at Seattle Center. The train station to go to the airport is also nearby. All are well within walking distance to the hotel. I thought it was a perfect location and a very comfortable and accommodating hotel.

https://seattle.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html Click on "Activities".

We stayed at this gorgeous hotel and walked to Pike St. Market Place, to the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and more. It's rated 5 stars by 410 reviewers and it lives up to that totally - absolutely gorgeous inside & out and in a great location. We were lucky to be upgraded to a corner suite on one of the highest floors. The service was really, really good.

Executive Hotel Pacific! Boutique hotel - great service, onsite restaurant, free happy hour......close to market, Sky observatory, etc. Quick cab ride to pier. Booked a standard room, upgraded I'm check in to two bed/two bath....hard to beat for price and location [emoji4]

We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown and loved it. It was absolutely beautiful and spotless. I got a very good price for it but the Hilton is also right next door and would have been my second choice. If you have a car, beware that parking, even if you are booked at a downtown hotel, can be very pricey. I think it was around $50 per day ... that's crazy!! Needless to say, I didn't get a car. Our friends stayed down by Seattle Center (I think it may have been the Hampton Inn) and they also walked to Pikes Market, albeit not as close as we were. They paid nothing for parking.

Anyhow, the Sheraton is within a few blocks to Pikes Market in a pretty safe area to walk around, even at night. It is also just a block or two from the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and everything else at Seattle Center. The train station to go to the airport is also nearby. All are well within walking distance to the hotel. I thought it was a perfect location and a very comfortable and accommodating hotel.

Agreed have stayed here 5 times. Close to all shopping and restaurants. It's about 15 min easy flat walk to pike place market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The market in question is "Pike Place Market." Not Pike Market, or Pike's Market or Pike's Place.... the market is on a street named Pike Place.

The "most excellent public transportation train" is "Link Light Rail" but better known as just "light rail." It is an inexpensive way to get from the airport to downtown, although there is a little hike from the airport to the station - doable if you are able-bodied, even with luggage.

Again, not being snarky - just providing the "correct" names for these things!

https://seattle.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html Click on "Activities".

We stayed at this gorgeous hotel and walked to Pike St. Market Place, to the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and more. It's rated 5 stars by 410 reviewers and it lives up to that totally - absolutely gorgeous inside & out and in a great location. We were lucky to be upgraded to a corner suite on one of the highest floors. The service was really, really good.

We've stayed here twice in Seattle. Absolutely wonderful property, great location. One time we stayed in early Sept, the Red Sox were in town to play the Mariners, and that's the hotel they stayed in also...good fun seeing then around the property, they were very friendly to everyone..

It's a wonderful property, we'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Inn at the Market is very nice. There is also the Edgewater. We've never stayed there but I believe the Beatles did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Roosevelt. Nothing fancy but price was right. I booked almost a year in advance and paid 120.00/night. It is a little walk to market but we did it every day. Nice shopping near by. Not sure how you are getting from the airport but the link station is a block away also from the hotel. We also paid 25.00 for a car to take us from the hotel to pier 91.

Have fun in Seattle.

Another vote for "Inn At The Market".....but it is pricey. It is a half of a block from Pike Place Market. The Inn has a cruise package, this is where they pick you up at the airport and take you to the Inn and also you get a $15 voucher per person for breakfast at Bacco (yum!).

We walked from the Inn to the Olympic Sculpture Park then to the Space Needle, EMP, and Chilully Glass and Garden. After all of that walking we took the monorail back to the downtown area. So, unless you have mobility problems, it is not a difficult walk.

We just got back from an Alaskan cruise and stayed at "The Paramount" on Pine and 8th. Just a couple blocks from the monorail to the Needle and about a slow 10 minute walk to the Market. Great places to eat all close to hotel. It is not inexpensive, but not as expensive as the Inn and others. Also book early via hotels.com or priceline.com and get the lowest price as they get higher closer to your travel date. Can cancel with no penalty up to 24 hours before too. Enjoy your stay. If you could handle two days before cruise I would do that as there is so much to see and do in Seattle!

Pooh

We have stayed here several times. Walkable to Pikes Place Market and restaurants. The bar has award winning martinis. I'm not a big drinker, but the white chocolate martini was amazing! ;) The upper lobby is attached to the mall where you catch the monorail to the Space Needle. The mall also has a large food court that is currently being renovated. We found that helpful when we wanted a bite to eat, but not a full restaurant meal.