Emerald for old people?

LuigiC

We have literally spent met quite a few boring passengers on cruises :). Like any vacation, it is what you choose to make it...with the emphasis on "choose." If your daughter gets enjoyment out of socializing with other folks, she will find plenty of folks (of all ages) who are happy to socialize. If she prefer to sit alone in a corner....that is also an option.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

What kind of person is your daughter? Is she a party all night 33 year old, an exploration/adventure 33 year old, a foodie 33 year old, etc...

My friend and I, both 31, are about to sail on Regal Princess and I'm not at all concerned about whether the general demographic will be older than us. We both love food, I love drinks but not to the point where I can't stand up straight, we love to explore beautiful settings/cityscapes/etc, we enjoy dressing up a little and a touch of class, and frankly we both love a good night's sleep. :D So Princess seems like a pretty perfect line, whatever the ages of the travelers. I would think more about what your daughter likes to do and what kind of personality she has to decide if it's the right sailing for her.

I think Lionessa15 makes an excellent point: it's more about personality than age.

Edited by msg74

It is the heading 'Emerald for old people' a tone of disrespect in my books.:(

Its obvious to me you did not understand my interpretation of this heading and its negative connotations.

At 33 years of age I would have been bored to tears on Princess but that all depends on their personal preferences.

My friend and I, both 31, are about to sail on Regal Princess and I'm not at all concerned about whether the general demographic will be older than us. more about what your daughter likes to do and what kind of personality she has to decide if it's the right sailing for her.

I do hope you'll come back & let us know how your cruise was! I'm sailing in May for 2 weeks with my granddaughter for her HS grad gift, I've already told her that everyone will know who I am, because I'll be the one with the young, tall, gorgeous blonde!! She knows how much fun we have together, so she doesn't care if she's with those of us a little older! :D Happy Sailing!

We enjoy having things going on past 11 PM and have been cruising on Princess from time to time since we were in our 30's and have always been quite well pleased. :)

Certainly, Princess ships are not wild&crazy party boats but definitely aren't "floating nursing homes". ;)

We enjoy having things going on past 11 PM and have been cruising on Princess from time to time since we were in our 30's and have always been quite well pleased. :)

Certainly, Princess ships are not wild&crazy party boats but definitely aren't "floating nursing homes". ;)

Some of them are.....they just don't realize it. ;);)

I have been reading different threads on the Emerald Princess because

I booked a cruise for my 33 yr old daughter and myself for Nov. 5, 2017.

I am getting concerned that she will be bored. Is it too old of a crowd to subject her to for a 7 day vacation?

I don't think so. She may well be one of the younger people on board...my husband and I are in our lower 30's also, and were pretty much way below the average age when we took our first Princess Cruise.

But we loved it!

There are TONS of things to do. Tons. But we are not waterslide rock wall crazy contest kind of people either. We prefer to just kind of wander around the ship, read, watch the movies on deck, hang out in our room on the balcony, or go to some of the shows.

I think that she will still have a really good time!

I have been reading different threads on the Emerald Princess because

I booked a cruise for my 33 yr old daughter and myself for Nov. 5, 2017.

I am getting concerned that she will be bored. Is it too old of a crowd to subject her to for a 7 day vacation?

Maybe you can elaborate on your daughter's interests that you did not find on the threads you have read. Saw passengers around her age enjoying our cruise on the Emerald last May.

I started cruising in my late 20's and tried RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess right in a row. I actually preferred Princess to the other lines. I am not into a party atmosphere and felt comfortable with Princess.

There may be better lines for her but I doubt she will not enjoy your trip. I would stop worrying.

BTW - the time that you are going will have an older age demographic but I doubt it will be an issue. I also cruised with my Mom and Princess was the right line for her so it would worked out for me.

There is a person in the roll call thread for our cruise next year who has found a way to avoid aging. It seems that his/her (?) birthday is October 22nd and there is no October 22nd on this cruise! We cross the International Date Line and jump directly from the 21st to the 23rd. Voila! No birthday therefore no aging. :D