Bringing food off ship? Anthem & I-fly reservations

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to do this but needed to confirm. Are you able to bring "lunch" off the ship if you are on a non RC excursion either in Bermuda, St. Martin or San Juan.

Also does anyone know how much notice you need to give to cancel your I-Fly reservations on Anthem?

Can you get lobster each night in the dining room or only the night you are in Grande?

Thanks for your help.

factory sealed prepackaged items ONLY. think the little boxes of cereal at the buffet or the bags of potato chips on the Promenade/Park cafe.

i believe it is 24 hours.

lobster is only served on the second formal night in the MDR. it might be available as an upcharge on other nights.

Well I guess Im a horrible person because we have always,always taken apples,oranges,bananas etc off ship... Go ahead and crucify me!Im a bad bad person... I see nothing wrong with it.You arent searched on your way off ship.Trust me,worse things are taken off ship..I tend to eat healthy so im not taking chips etc..

Edited by rtazz17

Well I guess Im a horrible person because we have always,always taken apples,oranges,bananas etc off ship... Go ahead and crucify me!Im a bad bad person... I see nothing wrong with it.You arent searched on your way off ship.Trust me,worse things are taken off ship..I tend to eat healthy so im not taking chips etc..

Bringing fruit could introduce new pests into the ecosystem of the islands you are visiting. You can be fined if you are caught.

You've never been to Cozumel. They have the sniffer dogs check each and every bag and they are not looking for drugs.

I can't believe how many people do not believe the announcements that their bags will be searched and still bring stuff off the ship.

No you are a law breaker. It is illegal on many of the islands to take fruit off of the ship. If they find you have such items you will be fined. It's not a joking matter, look at Australia where you can bring almost nothing off the ship, even pre packaged items. They are protecting their environment from pest infestations. If you want fruit buy it at the port. Nobody is saying you need to eat junk foods.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

While you may "see nothing wrong with it", the restriction is in place for very good reasons and the agricultural communities in the ports you visit won't appreciate the fact that you are endangering the well-being of their communities by possibly introducing invasive species by your actions. Just ask people in the citrus industries in California and Florida and elsewhere if you doubt the consequences.

Others have pointed out the reasons for these rules. This level of ignorance is amazing.:rolleyes:

So because you "see nothing wrong with it", that entitles you to ignore the laws and do whatever you want? Well then, I guess by definition, you are a "bad person". :rolleyes:

My other issue with the question about bringing food off the ship, why not put a little money back in the local economy by purchasing food locally? I know we pay quite a bit per person in port taxes and fees but that doesn't really filter down to the local folks. :)

Also does anyone know how much notice you need to give to cancel your I-Fly reservations on Anthem?

Thanks for your help.

Hi MAcruisers :)

For the Ripcord by iFLY, and also North Star appointments, they want 12-hours advance notice when cancelling.

(See below)

PicsArt_10-03-03.50.25_zpsvnt76ehr.jpg

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

We can't take food to Canada either. My son had a big Mac he bought in Canada and was going back to the US when the boarder patrol made him throw it away. We were told no food allowed . We didn't realize it was an issue.

I agree with the others find healthy food at the local tourist spot. If you can't find any just go back on the ship and eat. You are free to leave and go back.

I only eat food on the ship due to the cost off the ship. and I too prefer

healthier foods. I like the buffet over the nightly restaurants because I can get fruit and vegs.My husband doesn't agree . He eats it all.

And there you have it, folks - the hallmark of the me, me, me, it's all about me generation. Who cares what the laws are or if the environment of the country I am visiting might be devastated, I want my fruit and I'm not going to spend money to purchase it locally! You should be ashamed and I hope you one day get caught.

Thank you all. I was not planning on doing it but someone I was travelling with was asking and she is not a member of cruise critic. I had already told her I didn;t think it was allowed.

Thanks for the info on the cancellation policy for Ifly and North Star