How many cruise credits for a single occupancy suite?

Makin'n'Bacon

How many cruise credits can I earn per cruise?

Answer: Most passengers will receive one credit per cruise. Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers sailing alone in a cabin and paying the exclusive occupancy fare will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers who sail alone in a cabin and pay for the exclusive occupancy fare for a full suite will earn 3 cruise credits.

Many complain about only getting double points when they pay double.

Look at it this way.

If you geek a cruise and pay$2000 and get two cruise credits it only takes ten cruises (or $20,000) to get the additional OBC.

If I book a cruise for $1000 each, still costs me $2000 (you try and not take Mrs Gut) we get one cruise credit each, takes 20 cruises ($40000) to get to the magical $25 but we only get $25 per cabin not each.

Now who's getting the better deal.

Many complain about only getting double points when they pay double.

Look at it this way.

If you geek a cruise and pay$2000 and get two cruise credits it only takes ten cruises (or $20,000) to get the additional OBC.

If I book a cruise for $1000 each, still costs me $2000 (you try and not take Mrs Gut) we get one cruise credit each, takes 20 cruises ($40000) to get to the magical $25 but we only get $25 per cabin not each.

You're not taking into account that solos don't qualify for most Princess promotions or fare reductions. The one that never made sense to me was the "2-for-1" promotion where two passengers paid just one cruise passenger price while the other paid just port fees and government charges yet as a single, I still paid double. Plus, two people often equal two incomes. It's easy to argue it both ways but singles usually get the raw end of the deals.

The one that never made sense to me was the "2-for-1" promotion where two passengers paid just one cruise passenger price while the other paid just port fees and government charges yet as a single, I still paid double.

In that case you book an imaginary roommate... who doesn't show up. Simple.

It makes sense in that -

it shows how much the line values a 'body' for it's on board revenue.

Edited by Bill B

.....Also, if you are upgraded to a full suite you get two points.

I'm not sure that is entirely correct, though no doubt someone will be able to confirm it one way or the other.

As I understand it:

If you get a free upgrade to a suite you do not get double cruise credits.

BUT

If you take an upsell to a suite, even if you only pay $50, you do get double cruise credits.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

I'm not sure that is entirely correct, though no doubt someone will be able to confirm it one way or the other.

As I understand it:

BUT

If you take an upsell to a suite, even if you only pay $50, you do get double cruise credits.

That is my understanding as well.

As I understand it:

BUT

Yeah, but if you, as a solo cruiser, get a FREE upgrade to a full suite, would you really care if you didn't get that 3rd cruise credit?

I certainly wouldn't!!

Yeah, but if you, as a solo cruiser, get a FREE upgrade to a full suite, would you really care if you didn't get that 3rd cruise credit?

I certainly wouldn't!!

Depends which ship!!

Not that it is relevant to the OP's question but, on the Sun class ships we would turn down an upgrade/upsell from a B deck mid-ships mini to a full suite every time, but then we don't need the cruise credits.

Edited by Corfe Mixture
missing word

As I understand it:

BUT

That is correct. I should have said free upgrade to a full suite. I said upgrade meaning free. An upsell costs extra money.

I certainly wouldn't!!

I agree. I didn't mind missing out on a credit when I got a free upgrade to a full suite. I was just happy!