Help with Barcalona Hotel

azgrandmax3

Have been to Barcelona a number of times. Have stayed at the two Hiltons, one is in the business district... the other on the Mediterranean part of the conference center, love the views here... plan to stay here next year when we go again. The hotel is at the opposite site of Barcelona from the airport to about $40 taxi fare, don't sure what that is in euros. The port is about a $20 taxi fare from the hotel.

Another time we stay at the ARTS hotel, upscale Ritz Carlton...we got a good price at the time, new hotel. In a great upscale area, on the Mediterranean. The ARTS hotel is 1/2 way to the port.

We have also stayed a a couple of airport hotels for one night, all adequate.

We do not prefer to stay near or around the Le Rambles tourist area.. many others do.

Have stayed at Continental Hotel- great location and great price!!

I have stayed in this hotel, and it's sister hotel the Continental Palacete, and agree. Love the over the top decor, and the free buffet is great for breakfast and the odd snack.

Friends and I had rooms at the Montecarlo, which is right on Las Rambla at the heart of the pedestrian boulevard.

Nice modern up-to-date rooms and bathrooms. Very comfortable beds ... the kind with the electric controls for raising and lowering the head and foot of the bed; my bathroom had a spa tub, which was very nice after an afternoon of roaming Las Rambla. The hotel has an indoor bar, a breakfast restarant, and a rooftop terrace, and there is a grocery store, the Carre Four, across the street that offers freshly made empanadas and other foods for takeout. We bought some wine there for taking on the ship, as well as some for drinking at the hotel, so we had our dinner of empanadas and wine up on the rooftop terrace, while chatting with some other cruisers who were also staying there. Very pleasant!!

We stayed at Hotel Colon, across from the old cathedral and right in the heart of the Gothic quarter. Lots of restaurants, shops, and history close by, and very close to Las Ramblas. Loved this hotel....

http://www.colonhotelbarcelona.com/hotel/presentation/

We thought it was worth it to pay a little more for a room with a view of the cathedral, lots of activity in the square and beautiful views.

We, as well as everyone else in our party of 10, loved Hotel Jazz We had originally booked at Hotel Colon. At the time, the rates were around 220-240 Euro Hotel Jazz lowed theirs to 129 Euro so we rebooked and stayed there. Jazz is very quiet and a couple short blocks from the main Ramblas area. Right NEXT to a metro station [emoji3]

We would also be very happy at the Colon. It is in a charming Gothic area within a 5-7 minute walk to Las Ramblas, but we really enjoyed the modern Jazz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have stayed at the Jazz the last two times we were in Barcelona. Pre and Post cruises. Great location, reasonable price, a fine breakfast and about a $30 cab ride from the airport. Cruise terminal is 15 minute cab ride at about $20 for fare, bags and tip. We will stay there again next time in Barcelona.

Very near the La Rambla and Catalunya

Henry

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz last summer due to all of the recommendations of cruisers on CC. It was OK to me but not as nice as I expected. The AC made me cough (perhaps dirty air filters), and the shower setup caused water to easily go onto the floor. Service was good, the hotel felt safe, and it was centrally located for walking. Next time, I would stay somewhere a little nicer, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Renaissance Barcelona was where we stayed. It was a short walk to most of the popular locations from Las Ramblas to the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello, We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast for two days prior to our cruise called The 5 Rooms. Classic place. Lovely hostess, clean. It is off a street, you feel like you are in a neighborhood, then the door opens into a open atrium like area. We took one of the old fashioned elevators up to the place. Price was so much more reasonable than the larger chain hotels. Would go again and highly recommend.

We liked the Hotel Jazz - small but comfortable rooms very chic. Great roof top pool, bar, snacks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from our Spain/Portugal cruise a couple of weeks ago. I vote for Hotel Jazz also. Great location, wonderful rooftop pool and bar. We had a casual gathering of some of our Roll Call group the night before we boarded at the roof top bar. It was great!