2018 schedule

NancyL2

The schedule to April 2018 is out and on the HAL website.

HAL releases schedules by "season", as do many cruise lines, not an entire calendar year at a time.

The "Summer" 2018 (mostly Alaska and Europe) will be out February or March of 2017. The Fall 2018/Winter 2019 schedule will come out around July 2017.

All of this is discussed here frequently.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thanks for all the replies. Think I'm just a tad early looking into the cruise I hope will be available in 2018.

I see a Celtic Adventure for July 2017 I would love to book....but want it in 2018. **crossing fingers* It will be on the 2018 schedule.

For 2017, the new summer schedule was released by winter 2015/2016, starting with Prinsendam and Koningsdam for Northern Europe/Med, shortly followed by the other ones for Europe and Alaska.

The winter 2017/18 schedule was released by mid 2016, so I reckon for 2018/19 it should be more or less the same.

When browsing the new Cruise Atlas 2017/18, at one of the last pages there's a cruise calendar including April 2018, and listed some ships sailing to Europe in 2018 - those are: Koningsdam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Zaandam, Rotterdam, Prinsendam.

Edited by shipfriend_max

I'm looking for the September 2018 East to West transpacific cruises. I'd like to compare HAL's with Princess' and since I'm one who likes to book as soon as cruises are announced, I'm hoping that I'll be able to look at both HAL and Princess before booking.

Can anyone tell me when I can expect Holland America to announce their September 2018 East to West transpacific cruises?

• 3 weeks later...

Holland America 2018 Alaska cruises are available for booking through Holland America directly (today - through others either today or tomorrow). We just booked a June 30, 2018 cruise to Alaska on ms Nieuw Amsterdam.

Hmmm... That would make things a little dodgy for me, since Princess apparently releases Alaska 2018 on December 1.

Does anyone have access to the same details for Holland American that are posted in that linked Princess thread?

Don't know if this matters to you or not --- Celebrity released their 2018 Alaska fares/schedules yesterday.

Don't know if this matters to you or not --- Celebrity released their 2018 Alaska fares/schedules yesterday.
Thanks, but no. We've considered the various cruise lines (including Princess, which also released their fares/scheduled today) and the itineraries and services, and feel comfortable with our selection.

Alaska 2018 is going to be released on Dec 2,2016. Got this from may HAL PVP ***** Friday.

How exciting...I have been waiting for the schedule to come out for the 14 day HAL Great Explorer in Alaska for May/June 2018. Anyone know what ship it is going to be? I looked on HAL's site and nothing yet for 2018 Alaska...tomorrow I would like to be ready if someone knows which ship it will be. Thanks!

2018 Alaska ships/homeports - 7 ships total (same number as 2017):

Amsterdam - Seattle - 7nt Roundtrip, Sunday departures, Hubbard Glacier (replaces Oosterdam)

Eurodam - Seattle - 7nt Roundtrip, Saturday departures, Glacier Bay

Zaandam - Seattle - 14 nt Roundtrip, Monday Departures, Hubbard Glacier & Tracy Arm Fjord (replaces Amsterdam)

Volendam - Vancouver - 7nt Roundtrip, Wednesday departures, Glacier Bay

Niew Amsterdam - Vancouver - 7nt Roundtrip, Saturday departures, Glacier Bay

Noordam - Vancouver/Seward - 7nt North/South, Sunday departures, Glacier Bay

Westerdam - Vancouver/Seward - 7nt North/South, Sunday departures, Glacier Bay (replaces Zaandam)

There may be some unique cruises at beginning/end of season but this is the general rotation for 2018 as it currently stands :D. I think it's a good balance of ships/capacity to itinerary. Westerdam is an increase in capacity in North/South cruises over 2016, while Amsterdam is a decrease in capacity on the round trip Seattle runs over 2016. All others are net neutral on capacity.

Cruisetours were not yet listed, I seem to remember for 2017 cruises announced December 2015, cruisetours January 2016. So it may be a month or more before the cruisetours are available to book.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

2018 Alaska ships/homeports - 7 ships total (same number as 2017):

Amsterdam - Seattle - 7nt Roundtrip, Sunday departures, Hubbard Glacier (replaces Oosterdam)

Eurodam - Seattle - 7nt Roundtrip, Saturday departures, Glacier Bay

Zaandam - Seattle - 14 nt Roundtrip, Monday Departures, Hubbard Glacier & Tracy Arm Fjord (replaces Amsterdam)

Volendam - Vancouver - 7nt Roundtrip, Wednesday departures, Glacier Bay

Niew Amsterdam - Vancouver - 7nt Roundtrip, Saturday departures, Glacier Bay

Noordam - Vancouver/Seward - 7nt North/South, Sunday departures, Glacier Bay

Westerdam - Vancouver/Seward - 7nt North/South, Sunday departures, Glacier Bay (replaces Zaandam)

PERFECT....Thanks so much for the information....

THIS WAS A FIRST.....Because of the great information on this post, and seeing that the Alaska 2018 cruises were starting to rollout...I WAS THE FIRST to book the 14 day Great Land Explorer for the May 21, 2018 sailing...the entire ship was available :D

So the first two sailings....May 7 and May 21, 2018 are now available to book. The ship is the Zaandam...which we have never been on but looking forward to. We LOVE this itinerary...it is an awesome experience we highly recommend. Used our future cruise certificate and BAM....booked!!

Who's going to be second on this cruise? :rolleyes:

Thanks again to all the people who take the time to SHARE their valuable information....it is really appreciated and enriching :)

Happy sailing....now need to update my signature....tee hee

We're interested in an eastbound transatlantic in the spring of 2018. Right now, HAL's website is only showing one such TA -- a May 2018 TA for the Prisendam. Any sense of when the other TAs will be released (or am I doing something wrong on HAL's website)?

Thanks!

We're interested in an eastbound transatlantic in the spring of 2018. Right now, HAL's website is only showing one such TA -- a May 2018 TA for the Prisendam. Any sense of when the other TAs will be released (or am I doing something wrong on HAL's website)?

Thanks!

They don't have their full schedule out yet. There will be more.